Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunwolves v Force

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Sunwolves v Force

Western Force head coach Michael Foley has made four changes to the starting XV for the club’s clash with the Sunwolves at Prince Chichibu Memorial Stadium on Saturday afternoon, with Kyle Godwin to make his first start since Round One.

Godwin returns to the starting team at full fitness after being named on the bench for the last three rounds as he built back to top condition after injuring his knee in Round One against the Melbourne Rebels. The talented 23-year-old was strong off the bench against the Bulls last week getting the Force backline on the front foot and scoring a try in the 80th minute and will look to carry that form into Saturday’s contest.

In the other changes to the starting line-up Guy Millar comes into the side at tighthead, Ross Haylett-Petty comes into the second row while Byrnard Stander will start at blindside flanker.

Michael Foley said the side is looking forward to opportunity they have in front of them in Tokyo.

“Obviously there’s always disappointment after a loss, but the team is more motivated than ever to respond this weekend.”

“There's a sense of excitement about the chance to play in Tokyo and we feel we have an opportunity to pick up some wins towards the back end of the season if we attack each game for the 80 minutes without fear.”

In the front row Francois van Wyk and Harry Scoble will pack down at loosehead prop and hooker respectively with Millar getting his first run-on start since Round Two.

Adam Coleman will again start in the second row and link up with young gun Ross Haylett-Petty who has been promoted to the starting line-up after a strong showing off the bench last week.

In the only change to the backrow Stander will wear the No.6 jersey while the experienced duo of Matt Hodgson and Ben McCalman will look to take the battle up to the Sunwolves forward pack with trademark physicality in contact and aggression at the breakdown.

The halves remain unchanged with Alby Mathewson to again supply Ian Prior with quality service after Prior put in a solid performance in his first start at fly half for the season last week.

In the centres Godwin is a welcome inclusion in the No.12 jersey while Solomoni (Junior) Rasolea will look to utilise his hard ball running ability to exploit any gaps in the Sunwolves line as he moves to outside centre.

The back three remains unchanged with Luke Morahan and Marcel Brache manning the wings while Dane Haylett-Petty will command the backline to round out the starting side.

Coming off the bench, Angus Cottrell, Tetera Faulkner and Steve Mafi will look to make their presence felt when called upon, while Peter Grant will make his return after overcoming an eye injury suffered in Round Nine.

Western Force Team vs Sunwolves:
    1 Francois Van Wyk
    2 Harry Scoble
    3 Guy Millar
    4 Ross Haylett-Petty
    5 Adam Coleman
    6 Byrnard Stander
    7 Matt Hodgson ©
    8 Ben McCalman

9 Alby Mathewson
    10 Ian Prior
    11 Luke Morahan
    12 Kyle Godwin
    13 Solomoni (Junior) Rasolea
    14 Marcel Brache
    15 Dane Haylett – Petty

16 Anaru Rangi
    17 Chris Heiberg
    18 Tetera Faulkner
    19 Sitiveni (Stevie) Mafi
    20 Angus Cottrell
    21 Ryan Louwrens
    22 Peter Grant
    23 Semisi Masirewa

2016 Asteron Life Super Rugby – Week 11
    Western Force vs Sunwolves
    Prince Chichibu Memorial Stadium, Tokyo
    Saturday, 7 May 2016
    Kick-off: 1:15PM AWST

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...ttle-sunwolves
    By Fraser Smith on Thu 5th May 16

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Steve Mafi's going to make an impact? - like to see that for a change. Junior's hard ball running? - hope he's been doing some sprint training since falling over last week. And will Kyle quit chip kicking the ball?
    Excuse me for being cycnical, its been a loooong few weeks.

Champion
    vCash
    Hopefully Guy Millars scrummaging has improved since the reds game and his work rate around the field is there too. Falkners work rate has been below standard recently and he needs to fix it. Still no Tapuai, must be a discipline issue if he is fit enogh to play club. Godwin back at 12 makes me happy, though i wouldve stuck with Matuauto as Rasoleas work rate and fitness is lacking too. Nice to see RHP back, he has been better than i expected this year. And would also like to see Hardwick given a crack in front of Stander. Gives the team a bit more than Stander i think.

Would love to see Lacey get his chance, would be a shame if we see the best of him at another club. He did some good things in the NRC and has been a top tryscorer at Aus u/20 level too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Force are favourites with the bookies this week.

We're stuffed.

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah RHP has been good.

Ben may have cracked the shits at his team mates by telling them not to kick it so much...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Force are favourites with the bookies this week.

We're stuffed.
    I'm putting money on the wolves

Player
    vCash
    I believe an agreement has already been brokered between Malcolm and the Japanese PM Shinzo Abe that we would lose this game to the Sun Wolves as a saving face gesture, to compensate Japan for missing out on the massive defence contract to build our new Submarines.

Not sure whose salary cap the $50 billion goes under?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    I believe an agreement has already been brokered between Malcolm and the Japanese PM Shinzo Abe that we would lose this game to the Sun Wolves as a saving face gesture, to compensate Japan for missing out on the massive defence contract to build our new Submarines.

The Tahs. theirs doesn't count anyway

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post

Paramatta's

I'm pretending not to be affiliated to any club so shhhh

vCash
    The wolves are our bunnies. Force by 40. DHP with a hat trick.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Looking through the records, we have NEVER lost to the Sunwolves.

Good signs, good signs.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(Formerly Tommy)
    vCash
    Gupta says in Japanese accent.
    "Same as election, early and often"

SUPPLIES!

I give you value from the bottom of my Tikka Curry!

Champion
    vCash
    Would have thought Ammon Matuauto deserved another crack to see if he is up to it.Not much sense in perservering with Junior since he's gone at the end of the season anyway.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I think they absolutely HAVE to win this game to save face so now isn't the time to be experimenting. Agree though that the rest of the season should be all about giving the up-and-comers a good crack at the big time.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    The strategic sacking of the coach usually brings about a good performance. Force will play out of their skin and win by 1

C'mon the

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast