Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Word on the street with Westie Man

vCash
    I imagine the game was given an early kick off so that it doesn't clash with the Bledisloe Cup game at 3:30 as well.

I bet people would complain if the Spirit kicked off at 3pm and they missed the Test.

Damned if they do, Damned if they don't.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    What I and others who follow local rugby would do is normally tape the test match,very similar to taping all the Super 18 games and NZ test matches ,thinking outside the square,problem solved,need a hand with anything else Jargs.
    I can't tape the Spirit match because it's not being televised hence my query as to why the 11am kickoff.Does anyone know the reasoning behind it because I'd like to know.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Westie, heard anything lately about how the Wests' under 17's are going?

Full complement of players for the finals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    What I and others who follow local rugby would do is normally tape the test match,very similar to taping all the Super 18 games and NZ test matches ,thinking outside the square,problem solved,need a hand with anything else Jargs.
    I can't tape the Spirit match because it's not being televised hence my query as to why the 11am kickoff.Does anyone know the reasoning behind it because I'd like to know.
    Great story Westies!

I guess it's similar to how I taped the 2015 Super Rigby final because Palmyra 3rds were playing down at Rockingham at 3:30 that day?

I'd be completely lost without your guidance mate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I imagine the game was given an early kick off so that it doesn't clash with the Bledisloe Cup game at 3:30 as well.

I bet people would complain if the Spirit kicked off at 3pm and they missed the Test.

Damned if they do, Damned if they don't.
    11 oclock start hmmm, I suppose they'll have to do some sort of brioche breakfast platter, that's too early for a burger (a meat one... one with an egg, you know what I mean).

Player
    vCash
    Westie, bit of old school taping games never hurt anyone. Talk to your young fella there is a better way.

vCash
    Apparently there was a judiciary hearing this week on Wednesday night.

Funny, because I watched the finals last weekend, and I can't recall anyone being sent off, and the abominable behaviour of the Uni cheer squad and the Uni colts was white washed.

Anyone know what the Judiciary matter was all about?

Westie?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

Funny, because I watched the finals last weekend, and I can't recall anyone being sent off, and the abominable behaviour of the Uni cheer squad and the Uni colts was white washed.

Westie?
    It's those team cheating Wests scab
    There players are a disgrace winging bunch of righteous kids who have learnt from there righteous parents and there legal eagle who thinks he can wander around town trying to manipulate the outcome
    Bloody disgrace should have been dealt with early in the season
    If the rules were followed they wouldn't have enough players to field a team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

Westie?
    Surely someone was cited after the barney after the end of the 20s final (whilst the referee was being lectured by the Uni crowd). That's all I saw.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken M View Post
    It's those team cheating Wests scab
    There players are a disgrace winging bunch of righteous kids who have learnt from there righteous parents and there legal eagle who thinks he can wander around town trying to manipulate the outcome
    Bloody disgrace should have been dealt with early in the season
    If the rules were followed they wouldn't have enough players to field a team
    I only deal in fact so i'll tell you what I know.The players who exceeded the 6 game limit in U/20's will not be playing 17's finals.RWA Juniors are to be commended for not allowing ineligible players to play because everyone knew the rules right from the start.

The players and parents were made aware in no uncertain terms by a well respected coach what the repercussions would be and chose to listen to someone else so they have no one to blame but themselves.

Ken M you have slandered a whole team and yes there may be a few with an overinflated ego who were fed misinformation by those with an ulterior motive but I've had a fair bit to do with a large number of those kids and you couldn't meet better honest genuine boys who just want to play rugby.
    To label the whole group as a winging bunch of righteous kids is way out of line.
    The team manager early in the season was instructed to fill in a team sheet that was incorrect and she replied and I quote 'If you ever ask me to do that again you will be looking for a new manager' unquote.
    Don't let the actions of a few tarnish the reputation of the majority.

As I've posted previously there are good solid buggers at every club,some just can't see the woods for the trees until a woodchopper or two decide's enough is enough.
    Good luck with your team tomorrow Ken and tell your lad to work a bit harder on his defence.

The real Ken M up your way has contributed to local rugby over a long period and is a good honourable buggar and he wouldn't be too happy if he found out your true identity.

Last edited by westies man; 26-08-16 at 15:47.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Why should RWA Juniors be commended for enforcing the rules?

They should be commended rather for standing up to a bunch of official ratbag thugs and telling them to jump.

The Juniors have shown more courage in that regard than RugbyWA have shown from 2009 to 2015 inclusive.

Under pressure and public exposure from me and a number of other loud mouthed but fair minded rugby enthusiasts RugbyWA almost got it right this year, and for that credit where credit is due.

But the bullies, strongarm cowards and bullshit merchants, who want everything their way and bugger the rules and common decency, are still out their trying to play everything to their own clubs' advantage, if given half a chance.

Good luck to all the kids who have earned the right to play finals rugby legitimately, no matter which club they represent.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Rip Rip wood chip turn them into paper throw them in the bin
    Westie
    A manager is asked to falcify a team sheet and says quote if you ever ask me to do that again you will be looking for a new manager unquote
    so the manager did it but wouldn't do it again ? Nice
    If you had any ethics you would have walked away then

Good luck to your boy and his team

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Geez,a manager has falcified a team sheet--surely not!

vCash
    You fail to comprehend.

This is not the low impact bourgeois falsification of records you have presumably been exposed to at Nedlands, this is industrial scale record rewrite a la Western Suburbs!!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    viva the revolution!

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast