Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Where has Lacey gone to????
    Not offered contract.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Lad has been shit on big time.Hope he gets a proper crack with proper coaching elsewhere

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Lad has been shit on big time.Hope he gets a proper crack with proper coaching elsewhere
    Who is making these decisions with no head coach???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    The same person who has been making the decisions all along?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Lacey not offered a contract? So much for developing WA talent!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Rookie
    vCash
    What does the community think about our Prop stocks. Two starting Props Wallabies. Van Wyk handy as 17 and can step up. Currently Millar rated higher than Ainsley. With two in the Future Force Erasmus and Vui. I think we should look at Rory O'Connor and Cameron Orr. One for an EPS contract and the other two year deal.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    The same person who has been making the decisions all along?
    Is that the same person who saved his own arse via ARU so he can dump on others?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Lacey news if true is very disappointing, haven't seen enough of him at super level to know if he deserves a crack or not. just thinking back to Dane and him leaving before reaching his potential and well shake of the head I don't know what they are thinking.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Lacey news if true is very disappointing, haven't seen enough of him at super level to know if he deserves a crack or not. just thinking back to Dane and him leaving before reaching his potential and well shake of the head I don't know what they are thinking.
    It took Dane 5 years to develop his game.
    He was up against some real good players already at Super Rugby level.
    He wasn't goin to hang around on pocket money.
    The Force only has a 35 man playing group and limited cash.
    Can't afford to hang onto players who take 5 years to develop.
    The tough reality of professional rugby.
    At least he came back.
    The NRC is the development squad.
    The Force should be playing winning rugby with mostly proven players.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Lacey not offered a contract? So much for developing WA talent!
    From what I've seen he hasn't got what it takes and the Force has given him lotsa time to develop..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emu View Post
    What does the community think about our Prop stocks. Two starting Props Wallabies. Van Wyk handy as 17 and can step up. Currently Millar rated higher than Ainsley. With two in the Future Force Erasmus and Vui. I think we should look at Rory O'Connor and Cameron Orr. One for an EPS contract and the other two year deal.
    Pek is now 30 and has 10 caps, although a number of those came on a tour where he was the emergency 3rd hooker; the starting hookers in Australia being, I think, Moore, TPN, Fainga'a and McIssac, but McIssac was off to Japan and Fainga'a injured before the tour, then Moore injured while on tour.

Tet is 27 and has 2 caps. Slipper, Sio, Ryan, Daley and Toby Smith all have more caps and are the same age or younger. I think Tet should get a few more caps, but probably it'll be the odd one here or there as injury cover and/or the extra man taken on a tour.

Pek and Tet are basically good enough to hold their own at Super Rugby, but aren't dominating props and probably won't improve significantly now (unless the new coach hires some of the Essendon medical team or asks Lance Armstrong for some contacts! ). It's not worth discarding either of them unless we have new, young monster props pushing them for their spots, and even then their experience would be handy off the bench. We just have to accept that the scrum isn't going to be an area of dominance for the Force with these two, but it shouldn't be pushed around, either.

For me, Van Wyk needs a bit more weight, but not gym weight. He doesn't need to look like Mr Universe, he needs to look like Alexander, Crockett or Franks with strong cores.
    The coaches like Millar, but from what I've seen of him he's no improvement over the Pek or Tet (can't recall which side he plays!)
    Hoskins and Heiburg have shown flashes, but are not consistent enough.
    Heiburg's 31, so probably not worth retaining if we can sign Vui and/or Erasmus

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    Elwee is involved

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Faulkner is good enough for the Wallabies. I think he'd be more in the frame if he wasn't injured coming into this season. Kepu coming back didn't help either. Pek has a solid game around the field, but his season has been disrupted by injury a bit too.

Millar has gone to the Highlanders, hasn't he? So no point talking about him. Hard to rate Van Wyk because he hasn't had much game time in the last few years due to injury. Hoskins is gone- like with Lacey, I wish these decisions were made by the in-coming coach rather than some other numpty.

I think Emu's call on Rory O'Connor or Cameron Orr is a good one. Both are LHPs so we would only need one of them. I'd imagine Pek Cowan will retire at the end of 2018 (I think he and Ainsley signed until then) and I am not sure some of the more promising junior props (Lorenzo Mario, Toro Reedy, Sham Vui, etc) would be ready by then.

Our prop stocks are less to worry about then our centre stocks and lock stocks.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Pek is now 30 and has 10 caps, although a number of those came on a tour where he was the emergency 3rd hooker; the starting hookers in Australia being, I think, Moore, TPN, Fainga'a and McIssac, but McIssac was off to Japan and Fainga'a injured before the tour, then Moore injured while on tour.

Pek and Tet are basically good enough to hold their own at Super Rugby, but aren't dominating props and probably won't improve significantly now (unless the new coach hires some of the Essendon medical team or asks Lance Armstrong for some contacts! ). It's not worth discarding either of them unless we have new, young monster props pushing them for their spots, and even then their experience would be handy off the bench.
    Pekahou is one of only two foundation members left in our squad. The other is Matt Hodgson.
    He has been a consistent and loyal contributor to the Western Force and has played 114 games.
    Those who watch his game closely know that he often pushes strongly through the pain barrier for the team and leaves EVERYTHING out on the field.

I reckon he's entitled to see his playing days at the Force until he no longer can hold up his side of the scrum and at least negate the opposition. He may still do this from off the bench at some time in the future.

Just like Matt Hodgson, Pekahou Cowan has earned the right to play at the Western Force for as long as he wants.

Loyalty suddenly seems so passe but for some supporters it counts for a lot.
    We even know that he's made his main contribution as a Prop and NOT a Hooker.

Pekahou Cowan, SOME of us have your back and are pleased that you elected to stay with the Force until after the 2018 season!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 02-07-16 at 09:11.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Elwee is involved
    Hahaha!!!!

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast