Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Player Contracts

vCash
    I'm pretty sure EPS is the same as a full contract, so we could run somebody in through that. I'm not sure whether there is a salary limit or any other restrictions to stop us doing what the Tahs have probably already thought about (using it as a place to store a Wallaby or two, rather than using it as a development squad)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    have we got several marquee spots given Alby and Mafi have gone? And Nikoro??

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Senior Player
    vCash
    Tessmann signed for 2 years

Force hooker Tessmann welcomes Polota-Nau challenge

Nick Taylor - The West Australian on November 11, 2016, 1:50 pm

Not much fazes newly re-signed Western Force hooker Heath Tessmann – and certainly not the challenge of new teammate, Wallaby Tatafu Polota-Nau.

Tessmann, who has signed a fresh two-year deal, is relishing the battle with the former Waratahs rake for the front row spot.

But neither can relax with Australian junior world cup player Harry Scoble, who made eight appearances in his Force debut year last season, and another new face, local product Anaru Rangi both snapping at their heels.

Tessmann, who has 63 Force appearances, is heading into his sixth season with the club.

“Two more years is pretty exciting. I’m loving my time here. This is the team I want to play for so I’m really stoked,” Tessman said.

“It (Poloto-Nau’s signing) is a bit of a challenge for me but one that I welcome.

“We know each other reasonably well but it will be interesting to see how we go spending a little bit more time with each other.

“Bringing someone in with that experience is excellent for the group. It adds depth immediately.

“He plays that hard abrasive game which is the kind of game we want and the kind of forward we want.

“His experience will be excellent, just leading the guys around not only on field but off field with his community rugby work.”

Tessmann, 32, who led Perth Spirit to this year’s National Rugby Championship title, the first major trophy won by the Force, was finishing the first week of pre-season training yesterday with a gruelling running session on Reabold Hill.

Three players from rival NRC clubs, outside back Alex Newsome and back-rower Sam Figg from NSW Country Eagles and centre-winger Con Foley from Sydney Rays are in the training squad.

“The NRC win was very important and while we’re looking to our pre-season we can’t forget where we’ve come from through that NRC period and the work the guys have done,” Tessmann said.

“This first week coming back the enthusiasm of the young guys, and having a few young guys from other teams in the NRC, brings a level of excitement.”

Tessmann was one of the first players to sign up for the “Own The Force” plan that will see the club become Australia’s premier community-owned club.

“We know that rugby belongs here in the the west. There is a group of us willing to put our hands up and our money where are mouth is,” he said.

“Doing the work on the field is the first thing but if there is anything else we can do to help out we’re more than happy to do it.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...allenge/#page1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    33 signed including Heath

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    good injury cover at hooker
    'cause we know Taf is going to get injured at some point.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    TPN is one concussion away from retirement which I real hope doesn't come about. Time for him to start wearing a scrum cap as the 'fro doesn't seem to offer much protection!

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    nor does the scrum cap

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash

vCash
    Yep, that is 34 signed for 2017 and beyond

vCash
    Expected at least an EPS for him, however great to have confirmation that it is a full contract, a star in the making.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Senior Player
    vCash
    Jeez I'm getting more and more excited about next year. C'mon lads let's go smack the arse of those ignorant naysaying fuckers. Particularly that numpty Papworth. Would nothing better than watching that oxygen thief eat humble pie!

vCash
    Except perhaps him choking on it

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post

But neither can relax with Australian junior world cup player Harry Scoble, who made eight appearances in his Force debut year last season, and another new face, local product Anaru Rangi both snapping at their heels.
    [/B]
    I was really impressed with Rangi in the NRC, especially the final. It is a great thing to have a player who can come off the bench and belt people and make an impact. Hopefully he sees some game time in super rugby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Jeez I'm getting more and more excited about next year. C'mon lads let's go smack the arse of those ignorant naysaying fuckers. Particularly that numpty Papworth. Would nothing better than watching that oxygen thief eat humble pie!
    If it all happens then NIB could be called the pie dish as that would be our 2nd pie eater and the 1st has never heard an apology yet

Any News on Harry Scoble if he has a contract or not.. I thought he would be a good FF signing now we have TPN .. He played a great season last yr for a young fellow

Last edited by Tonkar; 15-11-16 at 17:53.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Final Hooker signed and sealed for next year.

FORCE SIGN LOCAL YOUNG GUN HARRY SCOBLE

By Fraser Smith on Thu 17th November 16 in NRC, Pindan Premier Grade

The Western Force have signed the last of the three inaugural Future Force Foundation members with the addition of Perth-born Harry Scoble to the senior list for the 2017 season.

The young rake is the second Future Force Foundation member to sign with the club in the past month, after Richard Hardwick also committed to the club for next season.

The recently turned 22-year-old has had a meteoric rise this year; heading into his third year in the Future Force program and playing for UWA in the Pindan Premier Grade, before being thrusted into the Force squad, scoring a try in his Super Rugby debut against the Waratahs in Round Nine and adding a further seven caps to his name.

The former Australian U20’s representative reflects on this year as a dream come true, but says he still has a lot of work ahead of him.

“I’m just really happy to be elevated to the senior list and to have the opportunity to train and play with these guys,” he said. “It’s going to be a tough pre-season for us and there will be plenty of competition for positions come Round One next year, but it’s a challenge I’m really looking forward to.”

Scoble says the form that the Perth Spirit showed in this years’ Buildcorp National Rugby Championship is definitely positive signs for the team and provides confidence for the team heading into a long pre-season.

“In what was a really successful season for the [Perth] Spirit, we really want to keep that rolling into pre-season and then into the Super Rugby season next year.”

With new Head Coach Dave Wessels at the helm, Scoble says he is looking forward to working with him and believes he is the right man for the job.

“Dave has been really excellent so far and we as a playing group think he has the right strategies in place to take this team forward.”

Wessels says that Harry’s progression has been exciting to watch and is thrilled to see him elevated to the senior squad.

“It’s a great wrap for our Future Force Program and also club rugby within Western Australia,” he said. “We’re starting to see the fruits of a lot of people’s hard work with a number of players starting to come through.

“As you know Harry ended up playing half the season for the Force this year, he was thrown in the deep end, but he took the opportunity and really proved that he’s a Super Rugby quality player.

“I think his game grew and he really grew as a person in that time, so we’re very fortunate to have him for another year.”

With the likes Heath Tessmann, Pek Cowan and now Tatafu Polota-Nau in the squad, Wessels says that Harry has a great opportunity to not only learn from these players but also to challenge them.

“I think ‘Tess’ in particular demands pretty high standards of the guys and it’s a good lesson for a young hooker to play in behind someone like that. ‘Rusty’ should come into this year fully expecting to be the starting hooker.

“What we want from every player in this squad is to put their best foot forward and want to be in the starting jersey, and I think competition like that is good for everybody.”

Name: Harry Scoble
    Date of Birth: 12/11/1994
    Place of Birth: Perth, Western Australia
    Position: Hooker
    Height: 180cm
    Weight: 101kg
    Super Rugby caps: 8
    Super Rugby points: 10
    Super Rugby debut: 2016 v Waratahs

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...n-harry-scoble

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast