Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Force V Bulls

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    We all hope for a win but we have to be realistic. We haven't been tracking that well since the start of 2015 and losing becomes a habit and exudes a negative mind set through out the whole team and organisation.

Hodgo was on 6PR (local radio) the other night and they asked him about how much work was put into the teams mental preparation (sports psychology). Surprised to hear very little. He actually said when things go bad on-field the younger guys and more experienced guys drop their heads and don't know how to respond. Well lets add that up...the younger guys and the older guys basically means the whole bloody team!

To me that's a red flag to a bull. It's basically telling your opponent..if you guys get us down on the scoreboard early we are cactus and don't have the resolve to come back. Not what you want to be hearing from a supposed professional sporting team.

Its a scouting crap shoot for the rest of the season. Find out who can cut it at Super rugby level now before the broom comes in to sweep the place out at the end of the year. Foley has heard the jungle drums and is playing guys in the hopes of grabbing a couple of wins at the back end of the season.

A loss to the Bulls and the Sunwolves will just about do it for him.

Rain forecast for the game so expect the Bulls to muscle it up in the forwards and maul it over for tries. Only hope for the Force is to find a hidden gem or two among the new talent (Scoble) and hope they have the games of their lives. All planets need to align for us to grab the points here.
    Geeeez Moono.....spot on with that analysis. The Force is broken and needs fixing!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    It pains me that we start with enthusiasm, but it fades within the first 10 minutes.

It pains me even more that because of our position in the table, we get shit refs.

And God it gives me the shits when refs make assumptions based on the table positions.

But nothing, nothing is as bad than a South African ref adjudicating ONE TEAM ONLY against South African opposition. The breakdown calls, the yellow card, the offsides,.....

Don't get me wrong, we didn't deserve to win that game. I shouldn't detract from another inept performance in attack and defence. BUT many of those decisions changed the momentum in the game immensely, and at crucial times.

And I hate the way they make some token decisions in the last 10 minutes our way, giving a penalty here or there in positions that don't matter, so as to give the impression of impartiality, so they can blow again the following week.
    Wouldn't blame the referee for that, thought he wasn't bad, we've had worse.

Player
    vCash
    Don't just complain on here. I have posted on Facebook under my real name to voice my dissatisfaction. It just isn't good enough as a professional sporting team into our 11th year. If we lose to the Sunwolves next week. I will scream bloody murder!

Player
    vCash
    BLOODY MURDER....already!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I've said its shit on here. I've said it's shit on GAGR and I've said the same personally on FB to the Force. Can we all get real and demand some professionalism and turn this turkey around!

Player
    vCash
    We are the Richmond of the AFL.......forever 9th

Senior Player
    vCash
    at the end of the day it was virtually an NRC team vs the springboks. We were never realistically going to win. Rasolea and Matuato vs Kriel and Serfontein come off it.
    We are only ever going to be that team that puts up a good fight, loses a few close ones and wins the occasional close one but will never be any better that that unless there are significant changes.
    We just don't have the players or coaches so I think our expectations are still too high

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    at the end of the day it was virtually an NRC team vs the springboks. We were never realistically going to win. Rasolea and Matuato vs Kriel and Serfontein come off it.
    We are only ever going to be that team that puts up a good fight, loses a few close ones and wins the occasional close one but will never be any better that that unless there are significant changes.
    We just don't have the players or coaches so I think our expectations are still too high
    Well tell that to the Force. Get vocal FFS! Nothing will change with WA rugby until enough people stick their heads up and say enough with this shit. Because it is SHIT!

vCash
    I actually quite enjoyed the first half and part of the second. What really got my goat was that three times in the first half when we were within coo-ee of the try line and we formed a maul, you could see a Bulls player trying to pull it down..Then the Force do it once ..and get a yellow card straight away? wtf???

Three scoring opportunities where the opposition was obviously playing the odds and got away with it. One wonders had we scored from those mauls, how different would the game have been? Especially with the rain? How many points did the Bulls score in the next 10 minutes? Enough to suck the composure from the team it seems.

For most of the night I thought our lineouts were quite good, and for the most part we moved the ball quickly from the breakdown but again our back moves were entirely predictable. Attacking coach where art thou?

Heartbreaking watching the scoreline blow out after a decent effort for the most part. How many times have we seen that this season?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewM; 29-04-16 at 23:38.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I actually quite enjoyed the first half and part of the second. What really got my goat was that three times in the first half when we were within coo-ee of the try line and we formed a maul, you could see a Bulls player trying to pull it down..Then the Force do it once ..and get a yellow card straight away? wtf???

Three scoring opportunities where the opposition was obviously playing the odds and got away with it. One wonders had we scored from those mauls, how different would the game have been? Especially with the rain? Heartbreaking last 20 watching a respectable scoreline blow out. How many times have we seen that this season?

For most of the night I thought our lineouts were quite good, and for the most part we moved the ball quickly from the breakdown but again our back moves were entirely predictable. Attacking coach where art thou?
    Mate it was 42 to 20....and that was after we scored a try at the death, toed ahead at 81 minutes. We are 1 and 8 this year on the back of 3 and 13 last year. It sucks lets not paper over the clear and present facts of the situation. Enough of the dream time. Lets wake up and embrace the reality and fix this.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    We are the Richmond of the AFL.......forever 9th
    Even 9th would be a far too lofty goal for RugbyWA to achieve. But Foley is a crap coach but apparently a good bloke so that is justification of him keeping his job. Stronger Force sides have been flogged by similar scores this year so I don't think we can blame the kids from tonight.

The rot starts at the top.

I wasn't expecting to win a title this year but some improvement, any improvement, of which there has been none.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I had $20 on the Bulls at 30.5+. They were up by 29 with 5 minutes to go and blew it! I guess a Force try to end the game wasn't so bad but I'd be $200 up if the Bulls had gone forward another 3 or 4 metres and over the try line. If the Force is going to lose, we may as well at least lose badly.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
    Even 9th would be a far too lofty goal for RugbyWA to achieve. But Foley is a crap coach but apparently a good bloke so that is justification of him keeping his job. Stronger Force sides have been flogged by similar scores this year so I don't think we can blame the kids from tonight.

The rot starts at the top.

I wasn't expecting to win a title this year but some improvement, any improvement, of which there has been none.
    Lets look at the scores. Three 40 burgers and one 50 burger dropped on us this year (Tahs were 1 point off a 50 burger). McDonalds would be happy with those results, maybe Maccas should be up for naming rights sponsors.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I had $20 on the Bulls at 30.5+. They were up by 29 with 5 minutes to go and blew it! I guess a Force try to end the game wasn't so bad but I'd be $200 up if the Bulls had gone forward another 3 or 4 metres and over the try line. If the Force is going to lose, we may as well at least lose badly.
    Well done James just the kind of supporters we need.

Player
    vCash
    And if ever a team could follow in the footsteps of another sporting franchise they could adopt the blueprint of the West Coast Eagles. Killing it membership wise (with a waiting list) and an absolute powerhouse commercially. Not just in AFL but across any sporting code in Australia. If any of the top notch Chairs of the Eagles were overseeing the Force they would have cleaned the place out and had them on the road to success ages ago. Hello Alan Cransberg, Mark Barnaba, Dalton Gooding are you available to save Rugby in WA.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast