Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    maybe mr Foley will be squeezing in a couple of job interviews whilst in Japan!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I heard from an unnamed sauce that the CFO position was made redundant recently.
    Now, clearly there is talk about how they are struggling financially, but surely the CFO position is not a redundant one?

...the sauce also noted Sinderberry has financial quals. Maybe he will assume that role in his watered-down capacity if ARU is moving in?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post

So now we have to read NSW newspapers to get news about the Western
    Well the West Australian doesn't give a rats about rugby so getting it from a paper in rugby heartland is understandable.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    maybe mr Foley will be squeezing in a couple of job interviews whilst in Japan!
    Foley style too boring for the Japanese.

vCash
    I did tweet Payton on Thurs night to ask him how credible his intelligence on Foley was but he didn't bother to reply. Read that whatever way you want....

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    I heard from an unnamed sauce that the CFO position was made redundant recently.
    Now, clearly there is talk about how they are struggling financially, but surely the CFO position is not a redundant one?

...the sauce also noted Sinderberry has financial quals. Maybe he will assume that role in his watered-down capacity if ARU is moving in?
    All this talk of loyal, local staff being made redundant is very sad indeed. They are the ones who have bust their guts to keep this ship afloat when no-one east of here gave a damn. Nice work ARU :-(

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Apprentice
    vCash
    Just come back from a break in Bali with the family.
    Woz hoping to find some announcements from the Western Force about what woz goin’ on. Again – ZILCH! Still feelin’ like a mushroom?
    Enjoyed the Waratahs & Bulls game. Bugger about Beale’s knee cap. Why do teams like the Bulls leave their best for the Force? Why do we help clubs like the Waratahs turn their season around? It’s a mystery to me.
    During the game I remembered that Glen Jackson - now referee – but a very good FH who never played for the ABs - but maybe for NZ Maori - was awarded the RPA Player of the Year - same trophy as George Smith this year - when he was playing at Saracens - at the same time as Sinderpuppet woz CEO at Saracens. Glen Jackson scored over 400 points that year.

Couldn’t sleep last night so went and did some web browsing and a bit of research on Sinderpuppet and what we woz told when he came on board.
    There is no doubt about his success at the Brumbies.
    Sinderberry was the Brumbies' inaugural chief executive and in his seven years there the club made the Super Rugby finals series five times and won the 2001 title.”
    But we woz also told:
    "In 2003 he was recruited by Saracens to turn around the ailing club’s fortunes. During this time he helped develop the long-term strategic direction for the club as well as recruiting a new coaching staff that guided the side to four semi-final appearances. He also successfully managed the sale of the club to private investors."

Following the sale and restructure of ‘Sarries’ by South African investors, Sinderberry remained in London and established a UK franchise for an international cleaning company.

This hyped up story doesn’t quite match what I found very easily:
    1. In Sinderpuppet’s 6 years at Saracens, the club finished 8th, 10th, 5th, 10th, 4th, 8th. So mostly they wallowed in the bottom – lower part of the 12-team table.
    2. New coaching staff? In his 6 years at Saracens they had 6 different Head Coaches – Wayne Sheffied (AB legend) who was shafted, Rod Kafer (who was asked to leave), Steve Diamond (who was sacked), Mike Ford (who joined the England coaching group), Alan Gaffney (who was fillin’ in until EJ became available. Fillin’ in for 2 years?) and finally Eddie Jones. Maybe Sinderpuppet doesn’t play well with others? But he always seems to outlast ‘em!
    3. Saracens were always in financial difficulty during Sinderpuppet’s time at the club. And never had the money to build a good team. In 2008, Sinderpuppet’s last year at Saracens, not a single Saracens player made the England 6 Nations squad. Doesn’t this sound familiar?
    4. South African millionaire, Johann Rupert, provided a major cash injection into the club in 2008. Sinderpuppet left in December 2008. I wonder why he didn’t stay?
    5. After Sinderpuppet had gone cleaning, Saffa Brendan Ventner was appointed Head Coach and immediately – in the “night of the long knives” – cleaned out 18 players from the squad in 48 hours.
    6. 2 years later Saracens won their first Aviva Premiership.

When Sinderpuppet was appointed Western Force CEO we were told:
    Leading international rugby administrator Mark Sinderberry has been appointed the new CEO of RugbyWA and the Emirates Western Force.”

and

On joining Saracens he helped them fight off relegation to become regular Premiership and Cup semi-finalists. He also boasts very astute business acumen which is important to the organisation in an increasingly challenging global financial environment.”

Saracens only became “regular Premiership and Cup semi-finalists” 2 YEARS AFTER Sinderpuppet had left the club in the hands of the South Africans.

IF Sinderpuppet is such a “leading international rugby administrator” – as we were told by Rugby WA Chairman Russell Perry when he was appointed – then:

1. Why did he go running a small cleaning business in London for 4 years? Turnover was “up to 1 million US in 2 years”. I’ve got mates who run 24 hour Delis and Servos with more turnover than that.

2. Why wasn’t this financial wiz-kid snatched up by another rugby organisation over the 4 years?

3. If he’s an accountant “who understands the numbers” – according to Ewen McKenzie – then why did the Western Force need to be rescued by the ARU?

4. Was Sinderpuppet just a ARU plant in the first place so that the ARU could get control of the Western Force?

Food for thought. The truth is out there somewhere.

Last edited by MovinFwd; 16-05-16 at 12:50.

vCash
    I don't know all that much about Sinderberry's credentials, and have no need to doubt your research MovinFwd, I can see very clearly that the storm shutters have been up at the Force for several years now and they look like an organisation that is trying drastically to trade their way away from insolvency.

I wouldn't be surprised if the vaunted salary discrepancy between us and the Tahs is actually greater than we think as a result of the Force not using all of the funds from the ARU on player payments?

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MovinFwd View Post
    Just come back from a break in Bali with the family.
    Woz hoping to find some announcements from the Western Force about what woz goin’ on. Again – ZILCH! Still feelin’ like a mushroom?
    Enjoyed the Waratahs & Bulls game. Bugger about Beale’s knee cap. Why do teams like the Bulls leave their best for the Force? Why do we help clubs like the Waratahs turn their season around? It’s a mystery to me.
    During the game I remembered that Glen Jackson - now referee – but a very good FH who never played for the ABs - but maybe for NZ Maori - was awarded the RPA Player of the Year - same trophy as George Smith this year - when he was playing at Saracens - at the same time as Sinderpuppet woz CEO at Saracens. Glen Jackson scored over 400 points that year.

Couldn’t sleep last night so went and did some web browsing and a bit of research on Sinderpuppet and what we woz told when he came on board.
    Sinderberry was the Brumbies' inaugural chief executive and in his seven years there the club made the Super Rugby finals series five times and won the 2001 title.”
    But we woz also told:
    "In 2003 he was recruited by Saracens to turn around the ailing club’s fortunes. During this time he helped develop the long-term strategic direction for the club as well as recruiting a new coaching staff that guided the side to four semi-final appearances. He also successfully managed the sale of the club to private investors."

Following the sale and restructure of ‘Sarries’ by South African investors, Sinderberry remained in London and established a UK franchise for an international cleaning company.

This hyped up story doesn’t quite match what I found very easily:
    1. In Sinderpuppet’s 6 years at Saracens, the club finished 8th, 10th, 5th, 10th, 4th, 8th. So mostly they wallowed in the bottom – lower part of the 12-team table.
    2. New coaching staff? In his 6 years at Saracens they had 6 different Head Coaches – Wayne Sheffied (AB legend) who was shafted, Rod Kafer (who was asked to leave), Steve Diamond (who was sacked), Mike Ford (who joined the England coaching group), Alan Gaffney (who was fillin’ in until EJ became available. Fillin’ in for 2 years?) and finally Eddie Jones. Maybe Sinderpuppet doesn’t play well with others? But he always seems to outlast ‘em!
    3. Saracens were always in financial difficulty during Sinderpuppet’s time at the club. And never had the money to build a good team. In 2008, Sinderpuppet’s last year at Saracens, not a single Saracens player made the England 6 Nations squad. Doesn’t this sound familiar?
    4. South African millionaire, Johann Rupert, provided a major cash injection into the club in 2008. Sinderpuppet left in December 2008. I wonder why he didn’t stay?
    5. After Sinderpuppet had gone cleaning, Saffa Brendan Ventner was appointed Head Coach and immediately – in the “night of the long knives” – cleaned out 18 players from the squad in 48 hours.
    6. 2 years later Saracens won their first Aviva Premiership.

When Sinderpuppet was appointed Western Force CEO we were told:
    Leading international rugby administrator Mark Sinderberry has been appointed the new CEO of RugbyWA and the Emirates Western Force.”

and

On joining Saracens he helped them fight off relegation to become regular Premiership and Cup semi-finalists. He also boasts very astute business acumen which is important to the organisation in an increasingly challenging global financial environment.”

Saracens only became “regular Premiership and Cup semi-finalists” 2 YEARS AFTER Sinderpuppet had left the club in the hands of the South Africans.

IF Sinderpuppet is such a “leading international rugby administrator” – as we were told by Rugby WA Chairman Russell Perry when he was appointed – then:

1. Why did he go running a small cleaning business in London for 4 years? Turnover was “up to 1 million US in 2 years”. I’ve got mates who run 24 hour Delis and Servos with more turnover than that.

2. Why wasn’t this financial wiz-kid snatched up by another rugby organisation over the 4 years?

3. If he’s an accountant “who understands the numbers” – according to Ewen McKenzie – then why did the Western Force need to be rescued by the ARU?

4. Was Sinderpuppet just a ARU plant in the first place so that the ARU could get control of the Western Force?

Got no idea who you are but you certainly have an agenda.Sounds like you want to derail the bloody whole set up.Think you are someone a bit more up the food chain than you are letting on but don't have the balls to confront Sinderberry face to face.Personally I think you are full of shit.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Found interesting snippet about Kafe I didn't know:

Former Wallaby Kafer quits Saracens
    Updated 15 Dec 2004, 9:26am

Rod Kafter
    PHOTO: Rod Kafer is tipped to coach the new Perth Super 14 franchise. (Getty Images)
    MAP: Australia
    Former Australian rugby union centre Rod Kafer has quit as head coach of English Premiership club Saracens, sparking speculation that he is returning to Australia to coach the new Perth Super 14 franchise.

Kafer, who replaced former All Black Wayne Shelford in August 2003, had been negotiating an extension to his two-year contract that was due to expire next May.

He stands down as head coach and director of rugby immediately, and will be replaced by his assistant Steve Diamond.

"Following discussions about extending my time at Saracens until the end of the 2007 season, I came to the conclusion that my preference was to seek opportunities elsewhere after completing my current contract," Kafer said in a club statement.

"In light of this I have decided that it is in the club's best interests that I stand down as head coach immediately.

"I wish the playing and management staff all the best for the remainder of the season."

Kafer, 33, a World Cup winner in 1999, leaves Saracens lying eighth in the 12-team Premiership standings.

He has been linked with the new Perth-based Super 12 franchise.

Saracens chief executive Mark Sinderberry thanked Kafer for his efforts.

"He took over the club at a difficult time and he leaves us in a better position with a more focused coaching and playing structure," he said.

"Steve Diamond will now take on the role of head coach and will be supported by the existing coaching staff. When Steve was appointed, it was with a view that he would succeed Rod should he take the decision to leave Saracens."

Kafer's time at Saracens has not been without controversy.

He was banned this year from the touchline for six weeks by England's Rugby Football Union for allegedly abusing two officials during a defeat by Northampton.

-Reuters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Got no idea who you are but you certainly have an agenda.Sounds like you want to derail the bloody whole set up.Think you are someone a bit more up the food chain than you are letting on but don't have the balls to confront Sinderberry face to face.Personally I think you are full of shit.
    He certainly seems to have arrived with his own agenda and a distinct dislike of Sinderberry.
    but just because he's paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get him.
    Some of these questions I'd like an answer to. Mainly the big one. What the hell's going on?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Thanks Westies Man

I joined this Forum - a discussion site where people can hold conversations - because I would love to see the Western Force Move Forward and was impressed by MI5_Dog's original post on this thread.
    My only agenda is to address the key issues holding back the WF.
    Heaps of posts seem to think it's a case of sack the coach and all will be well. The fix is bigger than that.
    I'm nowhere on anyone's food chain. Like everyone else I have to get around to hear what's goin'on. The Members are being told nothin'. Despite all of the changes. Nobody is being told anything. What's the ARU's plan? Meanwhile the team try and focus on the great game of rugby.
    As I've said before. The ARU has stepped in to financially rescue the Western Force. Isn't that like calling in the Administrator for any other business? If that's the case then the CEO is usually the FIRST to go - not get offered a job with the Administrator.
    No desire to derail the whole set-up - just want the real issues addressed rather than just swept under the carpet like at the Brumbies.
    You seem to be a man who knows what's going on. I was expecting that you could answer some of my questions? No big deal if you can't. Don't the clubs actually own the franchise? Surely they know what's goin' on?
    It took me about 30 minutes with Google to find all of the stuff about Saracens. All pretty obvious to me.
    Geez you weren't involved in the CEO's appointment were you?

As for most forums you are entitled to your opinion. I don't need to dump all over you just coz you disagree with the points that I raise.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Believe me I have no particular love whatsoever for some people down at HQ but ripping out the conspiracy thing is a bit over the top.
    This is about a rugby team that has perenially failed to achieve, it is not something out of a CIA led Cold War novel where a mole has been planted in to sabotage things.
    I could post true info on here that would do a massive amount of damage and heads would roll but I choose not to because it wouldn't achieve anything other than inflict a lot more pain on an already ailing organisation.
    Bit like kicking a dog when it's down but unlike a few others on this site that's not I roll and that's not directed at you either Movin Forward but a few others who actually seem to be enjoying this mess.
    As far as the clubs having ownership of the Force like the Brumbies set up I can vaguely remember something when they started up where the board took over total control of the whole set up and only one club, Wests voted against the motion.
    I do agree the public needs to be told what is being done and what is the plan Movin Forward because it's starting to piss people off and rightly so.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MovinFwd View Post
    Nice work MovinFwd, "due dilligence" they call it at other business apparently.
    Sinderberry had Rod Macqueen (coach) and a fairly decent group of players at the Brumbies which always helps the bottom line. It's logical Sinderberry will now ensure his own survival, he's smart enough to align himself with a good host. He's a political animal rather than a "plant", and that's the way "they roll".

I believed the ARU was happy enough to wind it all up a few months ago, but now I'm interested to see Pulver's next move as he has basically taken this on himself. Our worship of "messiahnism" has led us here - whilst we've hoped for the next big thing to come along and drag us out of the mess the other last big things got us in. The ARU have shouted "time"on this. Bill Pulver the messiah you had to have. (no choice).

vCash
    Seems that there's been a lot of discussion, of all sorts, since MI5_Dog opened this thread just 3 weeks ago.
    Good to see you involved Westies Man as you seem to know the local scene.

Thanks for Mark Sinderberry's background at Saracens MovinFwd as I was unaware of most of that history.
    I've spent some time browsing the Internet and the background appears to be correct but like WM I'm not big on conspiracy theories.
    It wasn't a period of great success and there was a rapid change-out of coaches during Mark Sinderberry's time as CEO.
    He seems to have had a lot of experience of working without adequate funds being available.
    I've always found him very approachable and ready for a chat whenever and wherever.

IMO the senior WF Officers should be accountable for their different roles within the club.

Michael Foley, from all of the information we've been provided, is responsible for the Western Force player group and performance; within what appears to be a very limited budget.
    I assume that his role doesn't include interaction with local clubs.
    The exact control of the NRC and development of local players has always been a bit obscure.
    I'm unsure who actually calls the shots in these areas.
    It's become obvious that the WF runs very lean in support staff compared to the other Aust. Franchises. (again the $s).

Mark Sinderberry seems responsible for all front and back of house activities; above and beyond the running of the WF team.
    AND managing RugbyWA?
    Although I've had no major issues clearly others have Membership and other problems with administration matters.
    So what has Mark Sinderberry achieved in his >3 years with the WF?
    Others are probably in a better position to comment on these matters.
    + Are the community clubs in better shape?
    + Are there good relationships between RugbyWA and the clubs?
    + Has communication improved? Either directly or through controlled media release? Not everybody is on Facebook and Twitter.
    + Is there such a thing as an Annual Report? I've never been able to find one on the website.
    + We get the Line Break season guide but there isn't even a CEO's report in that. Has anybody seen any major feedback report that Mark Sinderberry has written since he joined?
    + I personally was disappointed that the 10 Years of the Club was marked with a re-issue of "The Beginning" book. You could pick this up in Op Shops for $2-$5. But again I assume that this was $ shortages again.
    + What new sponsors have come on board? What happened to the wrist watch sponsor (Haigh & Hastings)? That looked like a winner. What sponsors have been lost? For what reasons?
    + What new programs and initiatives to grow the sport have occurred during tenure as CEO?
    + What new marketing strategies have been tested or developed?
    + What new membership strategies have been tried? Family packages? Feeding the FIFO fans with flexible packages? Surely it's better to get bums on seats than play to a half-empty stadium? Certainly better for catering and atmosphere.
    + Have we ever seen a vision for the future for the Western Force and plans for growing the game?

The role of the CEO is more than simply overseeing the financial reporting; it's building the future of the club and game in WA.

Or has the total shortage of funds just prevented any new initiatives? Has it been just a matter of survival? If that's the case then The Western Force (CEO and Board) should have been rattling the ARU's cage a lot earlier to avoid the current situation.

Like everybody else I'm extremely disappointed with the total lack of direct communication with the WA rugby community.
    We shouldn't have to search for leaked articles in East Coast newspapers or International rugby blogs.
    I agree with Jargon and others in that it's time for some information sessions.

PS. Did I miss the TWF Player Awards night for 2015?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast