Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

vCash

I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

After another disappointing loss I have gone beyond quiet optimism, fatalism and blind hope and have landed squarely in a state where 'pissed off' is a hell of an understatement.

What is aggravating my anger is I have no idea who to be 'annoyed' at.

The players? Some of them certainly seem to deserve it.
    The coach? Doesn't the buck stop with him?
    The board? Aren't they the ones running everything?
    The ARU? Is it all about the money?

The fans? Yes, you lot who tell me I should continue with my blind faith and quiet optimism and just 'support the boys'.

If the coach was a parent, and 'the boys' were his kids, I would say this is terrible parenting. Where are the consequences for bad behavior?
    Are we that short on team members that we have to continue to pick under-performing players every damn week?
    Is the coach too busy trying to be everyone's mate to come down heavy and hard with a bit of tough love?
    Lack of discipline on the fields shows a lack of discipline everywhere else.

So, since I am not bereft of people to get annoyed at I figure I shall get annoyed at everyone.

It was a shit game, played by shit players under a shit coach managed by a shit board. All of them should be held accountable and most of them replaced by people who can actually do the jobs they were hired to do.

11 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I'm pretending not to be affiliated to any club so shhhh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    After another disappointing loss I have gone beyond quiet optimism, fatalism and blind hope and have landed squarely in a state where 'pissed off' is a hell of an understatement.
    Great post MI5_Dog.

I'd drafted something like this in my head after the weekend but I felt much better after kicking next door's cat, a good sleep, a Valium and watching Aladdin with the grandchildren (for the umpteenth time).

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just out of interest how do you expect us to fund, a new coach, new players, new board etc. when we are already broke and have no main sponsor in WA?

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash

What is aggravating my anger is I have no idea who to be 'annoyed' at.

The players? Some of them certainly seem to deserve it.
    The coach? Doesn't the buck stop with him?
    The board? Aren't they the ones running everything?
    The ARU? Is it all about the money?

The fans? Yes, you lot who tell me I should continue with my blind faith and quiet optimism and just 'support the boys'.

If the coach was a parent, and 'the boys' were his kids, I would say this is terrible parenting. Where are the consequences for bad behavior?
    Are we that short on team members that we have to continue to pick under-performing players every damn week?
    Is the coach too busy trying to be everyone's mate to come down heavy and hard with a bit of tough love?
    Lack of discipline on the fields shows a lack of discipline everywhere else.

So, since I am not bereft of people to get annoyed at I figure I shall get annoyed at everyone.

It was a shit game, played by shit players under a shit coach managed by a shit board. All of them should be held accountable and most of them replaced by people who can actually do the jobs they were hired to do.
    Well said and on another note a person in the force set up who communicates with club coaches has suggested that some individuals arent available to play club footy on certain weekends because they are getting them super rugby fit?What the fuck does that mean.Rugby players play rugby so let them play and let the local clubs watch there force players play.They may even find out what its like to win a game or 2

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Just out of interest how do you expect us to fund, a new coach, new players, new board etc. when we are already broke and have no main sponsor in WA?
    That was the point of the post - he doesn't know who to be angry at so he'll be angry at everyone.

I'm assuming you're one of the fans he's talking about.

Rookie
    vCash
    On the money .... and if you search this forum you will find another 2 dozen posts in the last 10 years with the exact same contents However in the last 10 years most of the players have been replaced the coaches have been replaced a few times. then we have The board well there are a few on there that has been since the 90's .. then there are a few that is only on there so they can get free WF game tickets and access to the president lounge for free food and drink, and then there are a few or have been on there that was only there to make sure there premier club got the best deal possible and stuff the rest .... You also forgot to mention some/most of the Rugbywa staff........ well lets Rather not go there.

how many players have come and gone because they did not "fit in" or left on own accord because they never got to play a game even though they were bette that the starting lineup or the bench for that matter . How do you create a club culture and a history if you have a revolving door in the recruitment department....... 153 players in 10 years

a player like Phoenix Battye he was never good enough to play as a regular lock. He then leaves and end up captain of Béziers in France Yes I know only a second tier club in France however 3rd on the log led by Battye. Was he shit or was he not used to his potential

Lets look at an ex player and coach Tai McIsaac 52 caps and end up as head coach Toyota Shokki and the Spirit in 2015 but then he leaves at the end of the season WTF would he not have been the ideal candidate to develop and coach our young and upcoming players. Was he a bad coach or did he call a spade a spade....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    2006 RWA Board
    Stooke, Bradbury, Fink, Harvey, Redpath, Perry, Voil, Reid, Stewart, Cannon
    2016 RWA Board
    Howarth, Redpath, Edwards, Fear, Gallagher, Sauer, Staniforth, Vaux

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Get a sponsor
    Dismiss the people who say they can't find one
    Dismiss the people who have excuses and not solutions
    We need life takers and heart breakers...not dribblers "who can't"
    Get creative in involving the organisation in the local community
    Get creative about promoting rugby in WA
    They are in the Asian time zone.
    Get creative about raising revenue. They have an extremely marketable product with a massive "list" of members, social media followers, subscribers, buyers of merchandise, fanatic die hards, match goers.....incredible volume of interest in what they do....and they sit around with their hands on their dicks saying they're broke and its the ARUs fault. No business acumen. Too many people that want to knock off early. Too many excuses and not enough solutions.
    should be the richest club in Australia and therefore have the best of everything. Opportunity is everywhere in WA if you open your eyes. Loads of very talented RSA players want to come and live here. The organisation should be dripping with talent.
    instead they are broke, clueless, "selling the asset" back to the ARU to stay solvent, bereft of ideas, and hiring the dregs of world rugby to field a team.
    The fish stinks from the head down.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Exactly Rex - too much moaning & whining, complaints. Can't hear any proactive ideas about what CAN be done and what solutions/ideas there are. If it's left to the ARU, it'll never ever happen. WA has clever intuitive rugby brains, why not use them.

vCash
    Im with MI5. The Force needs to take ownership of their destiny. A bombshell was dropped at the start of the season....The Western Sydney Force is being drawn up. The ARU seems to be making plans to pull out. The Force are a financial drain on HQ. They want to redirect the money to their heartland and surrender the frontier......so its time to step up. Nobody wants to die on their knees which is where this farce is headed. They need coin. So they need to get a CEO with business acumen and develop the business side of the organisation to become self funding and financially independent. The ARU expected yhe organisation to make things work. They haven't. No point blaming the ARU for everything like losers from a nowheresville backwater. The ARU gave WA the mandate to make rugby work. The organisation is failing. There comes a time when you have to stand up and take ownership of your own needs and destiny. That time has arrived or we will be all going to watch the occasional mungo game.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    The board well there are a few on there that has been since the 90's ..
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    2006 RWA Board
    Stooke, Bradbury, Fink, Harvey, Redpath, Perry, Voil, Reid, Stewart, Cannon
    2016 RWA Board
    Howarth, Redpath, Edwards, Fear, Gallagher, Sauer, Staniforth, Vaux
    I guess that means we've found who the problem is!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Im with MI5......
    Holy Crap!

I can't say that this is a good thing or not.

Red Carded
    vCash

Be careful dog you could be construed as a troll
    If you go back through seven miles posts since 2014 I have been telling you all what is going on only to be thought of as a troll trouble maker and now it is finally all sinking in
    This is not a reply to say I told you so it is to tell you it is all too late
    The horse has bolted and there is no fix without big bucks
    The local comp has deteriated to the standard 3 grade
    Prem teams from 3 years ago would put 50 points on the top 2 sides today
    The young talent coming through is not up to it either
    They may have the skill and fitness level but they don't have the mentality to go any higher
    Remember it is less than 1% that make it
    The disease has set in and would be considered a plague in the 1600s
    The board are pathetic the coach should be at Walt Disney writing fairy tales and the players should be performing with Billy Ray Cyrus
    After the season they should all be sacked a fresh group of players selected from the NRC
    They should all be on performances based contracts and turn them over like there's no tomorrow
    Album Mathieson should be sacked immediately as he is if no use what so ever even to wanneroo or baysie as a marque he is a disgrace
    Pull him out and use him as a development officer in NSW as he could only damage the youth
    With foley as his driver this is not personal it is a decision that needs to be made now
    Mediocrity has never built anything it is time to make some real tough decisions on and of the field

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Be careful dog you could be construed as a troll
    If you go back through seven miles posts since 2014 I have been telling you all what is going on only to be thought of as a troll trouble
    If you go back through my post history you'll notice that this isn't the only thing I've been posting to this forum.
    I'm not saying that the music I'm playing is beautiful but there's more than one string on my violin if you catch my drift.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast