Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    Does having a meaningful relationship with your toaster count? ?
    It does on Melmac. Provided the object of your affection is large enough to take a cat.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Any one have a link to the online version of the article in today's west titled something like 'Foley cracks the shits' ?

Has he been reading TWF?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Maybe they can coach and do hard work/practice on scoring tries as well?
    The fact that some of us have been regularly watching practice supports Foley's comments in today's West.

We have a lot of Backs who train like warriors/champions and play like princesses with almost everything that they've been working on totally missing on game day.

Michael Foley and others, including Hodgo, have proved that they have the patience of Job.

I'd be actually doing a ritual dis-embowelling on the field in front of the Sea of Blue for those who show this lack of application of the game plan.

Addition: I've just had better analogies given to me: "Train like Tarzan and then play like Jane" or "Flat-track bullies". From my own observations this is the reason why some of the squad players, often mentioned in discussions on TWF, aren't getting more game time.

I agree with what Foles is doing - "if the cap fits wear it!".

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 28-04-16 at 15:15.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Any one have a link to the online version of the article in today's west titled something like 'Foley cracks the shits' ?

Has he been reading TWF?
    This one?

Western Force coach Michael Foley is adamant his squad remain united, saying no one's sooking in the corner despite the team's six-match losing run.

Pressure is mounting on Foley and the Force following their 1-7 start to the year, with the team desperate to bounce back from last week's 49-13 Super Rugby hammering at the hands of the Waratahs.

The former Wallabies hooker, contracted until the end of next season, says he's not worried about the growing external chatter surrounding his position.

And although being in charge of a struggling team is tough, Foley said seeing a mother and daughter lay a wreath at Monday's Anzac Day dawn service put things into perspective.

"Professional sport is serious and we care about it. But there are other things in life that creates some perspective," Foley said ahead of Friday night's clash with the Bulls in Perth.

"At times like this, people start to speculate beyond what's happening right now.

"For us, we just have to address how we're feeling right now. There's issues in our game, but those things are always easy to work on when you're feeling upbeat."

Foley has made seven changes to his 23-man squad for the Bulls encounter, with flyhalf Peter Grant (head) the latest player to join the ever-growing injury list.

So dire is the injury situation, scrumhalf Ian Prior will start at flyhalf, while fourth-choice hooker Harry Scoble - who only made his Super debut last week - has also been thrust into the starting line-up.

Skipper Matt Hodgson had an in-depth chat with his players this week, and Foley is sensing something special on the horizon.

"They're disappointed, but they're united," Foley said.

"The players care - there's no doubt in my mind. They want to play better. They want to win.

"You can lie down in the corner and sook about it, or you can keep having a crack - and having a crack is our attitude."

The Bulls are shaping as legitimate title contenders after snaring five wins and a draw from their first seven games.

But if history is anything to go by, their clash with the Force could be a close affair.

Six of the nine matches between the two sides have been decided by six points or less, with the Bulls holding a 5-4 overall edge.

The greatest winning margin was 13 points, when the Bulls triumphed 28-15 in Perth in 2010.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...-still-strong/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post

Has he been reading TWF?
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...-still-strong/
    ------------------

Western Force coach Michael Foley is adamant his squad remain united, saying no one's sooking in the corner despite the team's six-match losing run.

Pressure is mounting on Foley and the Force following their 1-7 start to the year, with the team desperate to bounce back from last week's 49-13 Super Rugby hammering at the hands of the Waratahs.

The former Wallabies hooker, contracted until the end of next season, says he's not worried about the growing external chatter surrounding his position.

And although being in charge of a struggling team is tough, Foley said seeing a mother and daughter lay a wreath at Monday's Anzac Day dawn service put things into perspective.

"Professional sport is serious and we care about it. But there are other things in life that creates some perspective," Foley said ahead of Friday night's clash with the Bulls in Perth.

"At times like this, people start to speculate beyond what's happening right now.

"For us, we just have to address how we're feeling right now. There's issues in our game, but those things are always easy to work on when you're feeling upbeat."

Foley has made seven changes to his 23-man squad for the Bulls encounter, with flyhalf Peter Grant (head) the latest player to join the ever-growing injury list.

So dire is the injury situation, scrumhalf Ian Prior will start at flyhalf, while fourth-choice hooker Harry Scoble - who only made his Super debut last week - has also been thrust into the starting line-up.

Skipper Matt Hodgson had an in-depth chat with his players this week, and Foley is sensing something special on the horizon.

"They're disappointed, but they're united," Foley said.

"The players care - there's no doubt in my mind. They want to play better. They want to win.

"You can lie down in the corner and sook about it, or you can keep having a crack - and having a crack is our attitude."

The Bulls are shaping as legitimate title contenders after snaring five wins and a draw from their first seven games.

But if history is anything to go by, their clash with the Force could be a close affair.

Six of the nine matches between the two sides have been decided by six points or less, with the Bulls holding a 5-4 overall edge.

The greatest winning margin was 13 points, when the Bulls triumphed 28-15 in Perth in 2010.

-----------------------
    ETA: ninja'd by Jargs!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    From the article in the West today it appears that Michael Foley has got to the same place as MI5_dog.

Certainly explains the moving of Masirewa and dropping of Tapuai.
    I reckon he's even more ready to reward effort at the half-way point in the season.
    Hence we see Mafi starting again as he certainly lifted last week.

I hope this means that we see more of the available squad getting game time so that appropriate decisions can be made re their future.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 28-04-16 at 14:12.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    This one?
    probably not. There is an article in the actual paper with a different title ("Foley fury fuels big shake-up at Force") but says this:

"Western Force coach Michael Foley has given his side a big wake-up call, making seven changes for tomorrow night’s Super Rugby clash with the Bulls at nib Stadium.
    Foley, who demanded more character after the 49-13 mauling by the Waratahs last Saturday, said players had dropped their chins and needed to fight for 80 minutes after warning he would re-set the bar of expectation.
    The biggest shock is the dumping of former Wallaby centre Ben Tapuai to give local club and Perth Spirit centre Ammon Matuauto his debut.
    Tapuai’s absence has not been explained and while he has missed 18 tackles this season he fell off just one last Saturday.
    Foley has lost Heath Tessmann to soreness and starts academy hooker Harry Scoble for the first time after his tryscoring debut from the bench last weekend.
    But in another surprise he has brought local club and Spirit player Anaru Rangi into the reserves ahead of Force squad hooker and former Ireland schoolboys captain Tom Sexton.
    Foley has been forced to play scrum-half Ian Prior in the key fly-half role after Peter Grant failed to recover from the eye injury that left him with double vision in the Waratahs game.
    In other changes, winger Luke Morahan has recovered from deep vein thrombosis to replace Semisi Masirewa, who was handed his second yellow card against the Waratahs after being sin-binned against the Brumbies. Ross Haylett-Petty returns to the bench after missing last week with concussion.
    Foley was clearly unhappy with last Saturday’s loss.
    “The rest of the year comes down to being true to the words. Showing character is critical,” Foley said.
    “We have to fight for the 80 minutes. There were times when we dropped our chins when things didn’t go our way.
    “Taking a hit in the match creates a distraction.
    “The sense of disappointment becomes too great.
    “It takes too long to get past things that don’t go right. We need to flush it and move on.
    “The expectations we put on ourselves may have been too great. Certainly at this point in time you would say they are.
    “We have to shake that, re-set the bar.”
    There were times ... we dropped our chins when things didn’t go our way.
    Michael Foley"

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by blueandblack; 28-04-16 at 17:12.
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    That sounds like a different interpretation of the quotes that every story is based upon.

Read the ones entitled Foley swings the axe.

C'mon the

vCash
    Richard Graham Mk 2 should axe himself.

vCash
    I'm sure you're not the only one who was hopeful that headline meant something else Jargs

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ...Read the ones entitled Foley swings the axe.
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Richard Graham Mk 2 should axe himself.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Apprentice
    vCash
    Luvin' the title of this post coz that's just how I feel.

So the Force has had a $800k bail-out from the ARU who have purchased something as intangible as Intellectual Property from a Rugby Franchise.
    IP and rugby doesn't always go hand in hand. When I played prop I was told that I was wearing my IQ on the back of my jersey.

We've also been told that the ARU is goin to get "more involved" but nobody has told the Members or Fan Base what that means.

There were rumours about the CEO stepping down to a Managerial position and the ARU would be in charge.

What does all that mean?

Does it mean that Sinderberry becomes an employee of the ARU?
    Does he start working in the best interest of the ARU instead of the Force? Coz they aren't necessarily the same!

Rumour has it that some office functions (payroll? accounts?) are being moved over East.
    This sound smart coz there's cost efficiencies to be made here. RugbyWA and WF are well below a critical mass for an efficient business.

So has this change already happened?
    What have the stakeholders of the WF been informed about these changes?
    What have the clubs been told about these changes? Don't the Perth clubs own the franchise?
    So far Members have been told ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN' - ZILCH - ZERO.
    But changes are already happening people.

Is there any thought of having Member reps at regular information meetings so that we can get behind these changes (just so we can really see when our interests are being sold out to the ARU).

IMO Mark Sinderberry IS NOT the man to Move the Force Forward.
    He seems to have dropped his bundle as soon as the Mining Bubble burst.

He's done well to get the jersey sponsorship going after Emirates pulled out. But the my mates who were sponsors have all pulled out as they were treated like crap with no considerations or return for their sponsorship. Poor information. Irregular contact etc etc.
    I understand that we've missed out on some good signings as he was just too slow to seal the deal and finalise the paper work.

I've been reading the comments on this site and clearly Membership is poorly managed. Seems we could write a book about our experiences there. But there's been no Member info sessions since those Members' Meetings in Sinderberry's early days.

There's just NO BLOODY INFORMATION about what's happening.

Meanwhile the Coaching Panel, support staff and Players are meant to try and focus on game day.
    Is it any wonder they lose the plot from time to time.

Big ups for Foley and Hodgson keeping civil during interviews coz I'm sure that they'd like to vent from time to time.
    Wouldn't want to be a punching bag in the Force's gym.

IF there's anything happening about the ARU involvement wouldn't it be good to know?
    If Sinderberry is working under a different structure then wouldn't it be good to know?

The lack of information is certainly starting to get to me.
    TWF seems to be the best sounding board for such issues.
    That's why I've joined.
    Tired of the Members being treated like mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed nothing but BS!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the answers to your questions aren't on here, but welcome. And you raise some very good points

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    the answer is 42

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    the answer is 42
    Bullshit.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast