Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Force vs waratahs 2016

Senior Player
    vCash
    The way we played in that shelter skelter style in the last 10 minutes shows why we just can't play "running rugby" all the time. We hardly broke the advantage line, and were often pushed back.

Let's face it, we just don't have the cattle. We played against a team where 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 were incumbent Wallabies, for goodness sake. And Polota Nau was on the bench with another couple of Wallabies in Palu and Mumm! How can we be expected to compete?

That's not the coach's fault, especially if our handling skills are not up to scratch... Can't make a silk pouch out of a sow's ear, etc, etc.....

Mind you, our attack is a bit 2 dimensional. We seem to have adopted a "second wave" attack, but the wave is so deep. and so easy to read, that we just shuffle the ball to the wing, who invariably runs out of room. Even the inside ball is sooo telegraphed...

Why can't we execute contestable kicks? And when the kick is contestable, why don't we CONTEST rather than just wait for them to catch it and then try to tackle?!

Again, up to the 60th minute, our rush defence served us well, but then they worked out how to bend the line, offload, and we didn't adapt, and paid the price.

To finish, wasn't McCalman bloody amazing. If he's not the Wallaby 8 (Poey can get back to 7, thank you), then Chieka s blind.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post

To finish, wasn't McCalman bloody amazing. If he's not the Wallaby 8 (Poey can get back to 7, thank you), then Chieka s blind.

Poor Benny had his neck trying to be detached a few times....heres one for the citing commissioner....

Name:  CgusQh1U4AE7Pm4.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  58.0 KB

vCash
    A couple of points.

The line is inside the 22, the kick was ok.

The entire last 15 minutes, the tahs had one shirt in the ruck....the tackler. NOT ONE MAN on the force decided that at this moment a pick and drive might be a good idea. I haven't coached beyond under 11s, but I could see it from 50m away, surely a professional rugby player should be able to see that and apply the pressure in the right areas. You pick and drive through their nonexistent pillars twice and they'll be forced to put men there, do it often enough and they'll keep men there. That's when you chuck it wide, when the lines compressed and you've blasted through a couple of weak shoulders in the middle of the field.

It isnt rocket surgery is it?

I think they're too drilled, and that's a symptom of a lack of skills, maybe in the players, maybe in the coach, but either way THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE. We won't win a home game this year if they don't.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Maybe Andrew can count pick and drives on his stats this week.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    On the pick and drive, the Force rarely react to what's in front of them, every thing has to be slowed down and then orchestrated. A split-second decision can make all the difference.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Depressing!
    Blaming the ref etc, which he, TMO and arsesistant refs deserve this week isn't going to make the experience of going to the rugby any better. I think the poor decisions from the refs demoralised the team to the extent that they as near as damn it gave up!
    Something has to happen and if it is time for the coach to fall on his sword please do so NOW! Because I'm going to find it very hard if not impossible to renew my membership for year 12! For the first time ever I'm not looking forward to going to the game!
    While I'm venting!
    It's embarrassing this "man of the Force" STOP IT NOW! Show respect and have the balls to have a " man of the match". So be it if a 'Tah won it tonight but I bet Benny Mc would have been embarrassed receiving that after that thumping!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    And Alison remember your comment about Kurtly Beal , lol .
    Don't remember - can you remind me?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

The line is inside the 22, the kick was ok.
    Suggest you watch it again (31:41). At least 1/3 of KB's foot was over the line.
    It was obvious in the replay on the big screen and even the FoxSports commentators go quiet on the replay.

My comment above is total "tosh" as Rule 22 is quite clear. As long as some part of the foot is behind or in contact with the line the player is still 'in the 22'.

Name:  IMG_20160424_011850.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  153.1 KB

There is no doubt that decisions like these are momentum killers. (The score then was WF6:10W)

Just like flat passes that are called fwd near the half-way line (DHP to HT at 16:46 mins) but are let go when they result in a try (RH at 20:51).

It's no wonder that there were no Aussie Refs at the RWC.

Hoffman yet another Aussie Ref who doesn't see tackles and cleanouts around the neck.
    HE DIDN'T PICK UP A SINGLE TACKLE/GRAB AROUND THE NECK - JUST LIKE LEES.
    GARDNER now gets the occasional one - but is missing most.
    These are are at least penalties every time in South Africa and most times in NZ:
    02:26 - JD neck grab on Marcel
    02:27 - Hodgo neck grab on Roach (1st one by a Force guy)
    10:49 - Skelton head high forearm jolt on Coleman at b/down.
    27:07 - van Wyk neck roll on Holloway (2nd by Force)
    36:52 - Hooper neck grab on DHP.
    37:32 - Ryan neck grab on Masirewa
    38:55 - Skelton neck c/o on BM
    47:27 - Horne neck tackle on Tapuai
    65:29 - R Robinson - c/o Walton around neck.

It's no wonder players keep doing it as Aussie Refs are JUST NOT CALLING THEM!!!!

This game was the same as we showed in NZ.
    Still in the game at 54 minutes (WF13:20W) and then blown away in the last 25 minutes.
    I thought that our defence was a given and on that we were building the more expansive game.
    Without good defence the expansive game is very vulnerable.

I don't understand why Hodgo was so keen to take the Penalty Goals early in the game when we could have kicked for the corner and really put some pressure on the Tahs early. Could have changed the whole shape of the game.

Impressive game by DHP.
    Terrific to see Kyle back on the pitch and running and kicking.
    Excellent debut for Scoble with the try off the maul. He seemed unfazed by the big stage. Was good at LO and scrums and field play.

Sorry maelkann - my focus is on Ruck Involvements (already watching 2 x replays) - you'll have to get the P&Ds from somewhere else.

I don't think Hodgo was injured he just looked ill/totally spent as he came off (trying hard to to chuck-up) and at the end of the game.

Hodgo played for only 60 minutes but managed 28 Ruck Involvements. (6 Tackles)
    The nearest Force player to him was Cottrell with 22 Ruck Involvements (80 mins). (9 Tackles)
    Still collecting Tahs stats.

Last edited by andrewg; 24-04-16 at 15:59.

Player
    vCash
    Accountability for performance or lack there of. Enough excuses. Stand up and make the tough decision and get rid of Foley.

Player
    vCash
    I'm done, time to end 12 years of suffering.

Champion
    vCash
    Despondent is the word for it! Time for a clear out I think! I will be renewing my membership because I love rugby and going to see it all season but really time for a change somewhere!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Is the 22 not like the touch line?
    ie. If part of your foot is over it/on it, you're in touch (or in the 22).
    So because his foot is still on the line, he's still in the 22.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Prospect
    vCash
    The force will continue to be the worst team in the comp.

vCash
    No denying the Force performance was dire last night, but I'd have to agree with another couple of posts criticising the referees. The Phipps try in particular was a poor decision, but Waratahs in front of every kick-off, cycnical blocking of kick-chasing players (particularly DHP), and Beale stepping out of the 22......none of these were getting picked up. I'm not saying the Force would have won, or even been close, but you just want to see an even playing field...!!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    Is the 22 not like the touch line?
    ie. If part of your foot is over it/on it, you're in touch (or in the 22).
    So because his foot is still on the line, he's still in the 22.
    Yes. The line is where the 22 starts. Therefore his foot on the line means he was INSIDE the 22. There was nothing wrong with that call at all.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast