Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Force vs waratahs 2016

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    The laws state the line is part of the 22 and the toe of the boot was outside that means the player was deem outside the playing field.... The call was wrong like I stated... Jono pleae read the rules prior to calling me an idiot it is no diffent to a player having a all touch a blade of grass and its a try... but the rest of his ball is still in the field of play.. Toes over the line deemed out of 22...
    Tell you what though, i'll humor you.

The law is that the ball can be kicked out on the full if the player is inside the 22. Not that there has to be a certain % of the player inside the 22. so if he is in contact with the line of the 22 - he is still within the 22. because the leading edge - the edge closest to the centre of the ground- of the lines are where that area of the ground starts.

like I said earlier (although as gunny pointed out not very well) and ecky has as well. it's the same principle of grounding the ball on the try line. or a ball carrier stepping/falling/being tackled on the touch line making contact with it is within the boundaries of that specific area.

Also same principle as grounding the ball against one of the posts - but from a different perspective.

As much as I wanted it to be otherwise - because it was a waratah and because it was f**king Beale, he was inside the 22 because there was a part of him in contact with the line.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jono; 24-04-16 at 13:47. Reason: saw an opportunity to remind everyone of my opinions of KB

vCash
    So slagging other people on this forum is achieving what? Everyone needs to calm down a tad. For me there was a lot the guys did that was good play (maybe I'm a complete idiot as well?) They try their hardest, and some comments re being too drilled and lack of judgement etc... I'm sorry but I lay all of that at the feet of the coaching staff (plural). The so called 'new style' seems to be regressing back to the old kick it away days again, and it just seems as though the guys aren't allowed to play creatively as maybe they could, because they have to stick the the 'game plan' which obviously hasn't worked for some time- again down to the coaching. At least now it's great seeing backs running the ball now.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beliefs View Post
    The oil I heard this week-end is that the Powers that be at Rugby WA are talking to ex England Coach Stuart Lancaster, whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.
    If this is the case it then it only proves that the board of Rugby WA are again proving their incompetence at running a successful Super Rugby Franchise. A good coach will attract good players. Lancaster has proven how good he is with the results from the RWC. Players have ambitions and a good coach is seen as providing a pathway to those ambitions. Joost had ambition which he knew was never going to be assisted with the current coaching setup. Are players going to feel Lancaster can do any better to achieve their ambitions.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    The oil I heard this week-end is that the Powers that be at Rugby WA are talking to ex England Coach Stuart Lancaster, whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.

I think you have been drinking too much good oil. It has been reported weeks ago that Lancaster was at the Force and every other Super Rugby club as part of a fact-finding-pay-off from England deal trying to sell himself. The Force have already said he was here but have no interest. Probably a "Thanks for coming, nice chat, hope you enjoyed the weather, hope you can find a job."
    And God help us if he did come

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Name:  2016-04-24_14-39-26.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  27.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    ABSOLUTE TOSH!!!

Suggest you look at the picture above and watch a replay for yourself rather than just BELIEVE a very poor call.
    My humble and sincere apologies Ecky

Common sense and reading the rules in the clear light of day help.

Part of Rule 22 is the relevant section: "A player with one foot on the 22-m line or behind it is considers to be "in the 22".

So Beale having some part of his foot on the line (in this case most of his foot on or behind) means that he's "in the 22".

In the same way Godwin could claim the mark during the game when only one foot was "in the 22".

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johntheref View Post
    He transferred from Wanneroo to UWA due to his study commitments prior to being picked up by the Future Force program. There was nothing sinister or RWA related with the move.
    So are there no roads or public transport to get from Wanneroo to any the uni's in Perth.........Hello dumbass. He would have got the word from D.N. to move.

Champion
    vCash
    He transferred from Wanneroo to UWA due to his study commitments prior to being picked up by the Future Force program. There was nothing sinister or RWA related with the move.
    So are there no roads or public transport to get from Wanneroo to any the uni's in Perth.........Hello dumbass. He would have got the word from D.N. to move.

Not to mention the several thousand dollars paid by UWA's slush fund towards his UWA studies bill.

vCash
    Name:  2016-04-24_14-39-26.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  27.3 KB

My humble and sincere apologies Ecky

Common sense and reading the rules in the clear light of day help.

Part of Rule 22 is the relevant section: "A player with one foot on the 22-m line or behind it is considers to be "in the 22".

So Beale having some part of his foot on the line (in this case most of his foot on or behind) means that he's "in the 22".

In the same way Godwin could claim the mark during the game when only one foot was "in the 22".
    So you only apologize to Ecky?

How about Jono, or any of the other half a dozen people who tried to correct you, only to receive increasingly insulting responses?

To be frank, Jono calling you an idiot was not necessarily civil and wise, but in the cold hard light of day, it seems pretty understandable. I'm glad i gave up on posting early last night because I would have received more than I did as well.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    So you only apologize to Ecky?

How about Jono, or any of the other half a dozen people who tried to correct you, only to receive increasingly insulting responses?

To be frank, Jono calling you an idiot was not necessarily civil and wise, but in the cold hard light of day, it seems pretty understandable. I'm glad i gave up on posting early last night because I would have received more than I did as well.
    Thanks GIGS20

I was happy to apologise to the Ecky as he was the only one to whom I had responded.

Strange as it may seem I don't spend all day on TWF and reading posts.

As quick as I could I went and read the rule book rather than get lost on individual's opinions.

vCash
    Suggest you watch it again (31:41). At least 1/3 of KB's foot was over the line.
    It was obvious in the replay on the big screen and even the FoxSports commentators go quiet on the replay.

My comment above is total "tosh" as Rule 22 is quite clear. As long as some part of the foot is behind or in contact with the line the player is still 'in the 22'.
    So this wasn't you?

I humbly apologise. It does appear however that this is the only one, I was attributing all of the conversation in support of that view to you and I was clearly wrong when I go back and re read the thread. Sorry

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Just to clarify I was only referring to tonkar - and mainly because he apparently thinks the game was rigged - but probably a little bit for the 22 thing.

And - stand by my comment, because honestly... Rigged? C'mon

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I guess Lancaster isn't the best coach out there (but hell how would I know), but do you really think that he would not be an improvement on what is happening now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I guess Lancaster isn't the best coach out there (but hell how would I know), but do you really think that he would not be an improvement on what is happening now?
    He would have to work bloody hard to be worse!!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagman View Post
    He's a relative if mine so the info is correct. With study and work commitments the commute in peak hours was difficult. Kind similar to Mr Birch who recently moved from Kala to Joondalup.I guess there are roads between Joondalup Arean and Hartfield but as a Dumbass i guess im only speculating. Contrary to popular belief Mr Nestor is not involved in every club transfer....

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    don't feed the troll,John.Especially with the truth!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast