Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coleman re-signs for the Force

vCash

Coleman re-signs for the Force

At last some good news for the Force.

Coleman re-signs for another year

Also good to see Pek about to re-sign too, however a worry about the comment that Kyle is being chased by the Brumbies, lets hope that does not eventuate and he too stays with us

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    no big loss if Kyle goes He was appallingly bad against the Tahs and have been for a while now

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That is a bit rough, he was playing flyhalf for the first time since under20's, coming off an injury and playing against 9,10,12 Wallabies.

I think he is one of our best tacklers in the backline and a good solid performer and above all a WA pathway kid with a great attitude and way he conducts himself

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Good news. I thought he'd be someone the other franchises look at chasing, as well; although looking at each side, they all have established lock pairings (Carter/Arnold, Jones/Timani, Mumm/Skelton, Douglas/Simmons/Neville).

May be concerned that the reports says we are chasing an overseas 2nd rower; I'd have thought that RHP has showed promise enough to keep playing him. If we get a marquee 2nd rower RHP only gets bench time, while there are a few Australian 2nd rowers who show promise in the NRC who I'd rather take if the overseas 2nd rower is a project player like Van Wyk or Heiburg.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    no big loss if Kyle goes He was appallingly bad against the Tahs and have been for a while now
    You've hated on Godwin for the last 2 years - did he do something to you?

As an inside centre he was almost as unlucky as hodgo was not to get a back row wallabies spot.
    Putting him to 13 all year last year was absolutely criminal in regards to his development. If he gets back to where he was at 12 it's imperative we retain him. He has the knowledge of what passes as our 'game plan' & will be an integral part of the leadership team if we keep him. You don't just let that time at an organisation go without a fight.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I have been a Kyle Godwin fan for a long time, many of you know that.

I agree with Pieter, he hasn't done anything of value since they put him at 13. It might not be his fault, I'm not blaming the kid, but if he continues to play the way he is currently it is better for both him and us if we part ways.

Yes I realise he was playing out of position after a year playing even more out of position and coming back off an injury, Hard work for the boy, but if he's not handling what the coach is giving him, why keep him? The Brumbies will probably put him at 12, coach him appropriately and get him into that Wallabies jersey he deserves.

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I have been a Kyle Godwin fan for a long time, many of you know that.

I agree with Pieter, he hasn't done anything of value since they put him at 13. It might not be his fault, I'm not blaming the kid, but if he continues to play the way he is currently it is better for both him and us if we part ways.

Yes I realise he was playing out of position after a year playing even more out of position and coming back off an injury, Hard work for the boy, but if he's not handling what the coach is giving him, why keep him? The Brumbies will probably put him at 12, coach him appropriately and get him into that Wallabies jersey he deserves.
    GIGS - your comments sum up the major problem with the Force right now... most of our talent has gone backwards under the current coaching set up and then tends to flourish when they move on... Kyle is a classic example which reflects Foley's inability to correct mistakes and plans that do not work. He seems to be so wrapped up in his own ideas that never seems to admit that something was tried, it failed, time for something else. It seems that his ego far outweighs his capability and coaching nous. I will not be surprised to see Kyle and a fair number of other heading away at the end of this season mores the pity.

vCash
    Yeah, that might be the case, it might be poor succession planning (nobody better to fill the spot) or just plain bad luck, whatever it is, it hasn't helped many players thrive over the last 5 years.

Hodgo is the obvious exception, Tets has come along nicely, Adam Coleman is a Wallaby-in-waiting and there are several success stories, but they are almost exclusively in the pack.

Maybe the problem is just a complete lack of a backs coach, that might solve every problem we have.

Perhaps it's even a problem that Foley and Sinderberry are aware of and doing their level best with what is available to them, I don't really know, but I know that grumpy GIGS is here for the duration and he wants some answers!

C'mon the

vCash
    Great that he's re-signed, but only for a year???

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    If Godwin goes to the Brumbies and blossoms into a star, that's an indictment on the Force. What I'm curious about is how many ex-Force players over the years have gone onto better things after leaving. If there is a significant number, then that would mean that the overall problem isn't just Foley's reign, but something endemic to the franchise itself.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Hodgo is the obvious exception, Tets has come along nicely, Adam Coleman is a Wallaby-in-waiting and there are several success stories, but they are almost exclusively in the pack.
    !
    There are a few success stories in the back line as well. Look how good Dane Haylett-Petty has been since his return to Super 15, he is under Cheika's radar and Luke Morahan is also under Cheika's radar at the moment. We all must not forget how well Godwin did under Foley in 2013 and 2014, while the experiment at Godwin at 13 did not work out, the force did move him back to 12 at the start of the season. Unfortunately as usual Godwin was plagued with injury at the start of the season and hasn't really had a chance to prove himself this year, and on Saturday night he had to play fly half because Grant went off injured, which he had not played in a long time. Give Godwin a chance to prove how good he can be again, but it will take a few games to get back to form as he is coming back from injury. Godwin had a superb NRC season as well last year.

Last edited by volvo; 25-04-16 at 17:27.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Great that he's re-signed, but only for a year???
    I would assume to hang about for a Wallabies top up. ATM no top up. Give it a year and maybe he will. If he signs for the Force for two or three years, why would the ARU need to top him up?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    What I'm curious about is how many ex-Force players over the years have gone onto better things after leaving. If there is a significant number, then that would mean that the overall problem isn't just Foley's reign, but something endemic to the franchise itself.
    Digby Ioane, Drew Mitchell to name a couple off the top of the head. You could argue Pocock and Giteau but I think we got pretty good service from them. James O'Connors best years were probably at the Force. Some people may not realise that Nemani Nadolo who carves it up for the Crusaders actually played for the Perth Spirit in the Australian Rugby Championship but never got a Force contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    There are a few success stories in the back line as well. Look how good Dane Haylett-Petty has been since his return to Super 15, he is under Cheika's radar and Luke Morahan is also under Cheika's radar at the moment. We all must not forget how well Godwin did under Foley in 2013 and 2014, while the experiment at Godwin at 13 did not work out, the force did move him back to 12 at the start of the season. Unfortunately as usual Godwin was plagued with injury at the start of the season and hasn't really had a chance to prove himself this year, and on Saturday night he had to play fly half because Grant went off injured, which he had not played in a long time.
    you mean a player cant come back from an injury into a position he has barely played whilst at his current club in a match day team that delivered one of it's worst performances this season and not change the outcome of the game?
    not single handedly turn the game around?
    not be able to re-ignite passion & the fire in the team after the pummelling they've been getting for 60 mins?

yeah, we better get rid of him, he's totally shit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Some people may not realise that Nemani Nadolo who carves it up for the Crusaders actually played for the Perth Spirit in the Australian Rugby Championship
    Pretty hard to lay that on the current admin. Mitchell and Mulvihill ran that show. IIRC he was about 18, going under the name Ratu Nasiganyavi (?)

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast