Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Force vs waratahs 2016

vCash
    Anyone know what the position is with Alby's contract? Must be coming to an end as a marquee surely? Not sure I'd renew him - think he's past his best and not worth a marquee salary anymore.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I think this is his last year. Originally signed for 2 years which was extended by another 2 with the ARU's permission.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Ecky It is sad for you to side with a call that was wrong. The rules state that the line is inside the 22 but where the toes of the boot is it is clearly over the line...
    think of it like this:

in touch: outside the line and to the inner edge of the line
    inside 22m: field side of the tryline to the halfway line side of the 22m line.
    try area: try side of the deadball line to the field side of the try line.

EDIT:
    seems i am late to the party - but this may help with understanding where the lines start and finish.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Is it seriously that difficult? If you are standing in the centre of the field, every line you can see belongs to what is on the other side of it.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I saw the Bulls out for a team run along the Swan River tonight.
    Did you swerve?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    seemed to go from assistant coach to the English coach very quickly. He was at some club I think it was for less than 2 years? Got them promoted up a division but then they got massacred and sent back down the next season.
    Might be too early to tell how good he is as well.
    This is actually a quote from his CV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    You might be right....he might be worse, but unless that's based upon more than England's world cup performance I'd suggest that you look more deeply.
    Experience: One year Premiership experience at Leeds Tykes
    Then England Assistant Coach
    England Coach: Lots of running up in 6 nations - always seemed to flop at the pressure matches
    He announced he wanted the Harlequins job earlier this year, a group of players made their feelings known - no thanks.
    An unattributed comment - felt he did not have the experience to coach/manage a premiership team - (wasn't he Englands coach???)

You want left field- here it is
    Changed Englands 1st 5 (Farrell) right before crucial matches, then changed back when his "ideas" didn't work
    Had a settled centre pairing leading to the world cup, then brought in Burgess and Barret? (Cheika was laughing)
    Overhauled the settled 6 nations backline right before the World Cup
    Dumped Hartley before the World cup (look at how Eddy Jones managed him)
    Could not attract a top level backs coach to the National Team.
    Wouldn't look at Cipriani, Easter or overseas players.
    Made some strange decisions on the England tour to NZ
    Didn't act on leadership issues in the England teams

OK so the Force aren't in the premiership, or likely to play in the World Cup, but Lancasters got form - he makes bad/strange decisions, he makes them at the worst times. His strange decisions unsettle players, and have made it difficult for him to attract quality coaching staff.
    These things make him a very poor choice, he's obviously got some strong backing from somewhere or other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Ecky It is sad for you to side with a call that was wrong. The rules state that the line is inside the 22 but where the toes of the boot is it is clearly over the line... I was listening to the calls on my sports ears and I am sorry but for professional referees to say when the 2nd to last try was call that the forward pass was no worse than last weeks one.. This shows the group that ref games need to be made more accountable.. Also did you hear the east touchie call knock on by white at the line out and it was ignored then they score a try... I am glad Ecky I don't attend games you ref as I think if you follow the same rules as the guys last night many followers migt consider not attending games reffed by you.. I do understand the WF proformance is not up to the best of standards at present but the result last night was a set up prior to the game...
    Tonkar it is sad for you to choose whether or not to attend a game purely by who is refereeing. You would have to be the only person I know of who does this. Most people will attend a game to support one of the teams playing.

I would welcome your attendance at any of my games and you can brief me post-game on how well I did (or didn't, given your preconception). In fact I would welcome any posters in here introducing themselves if they happen to be at the same venue as I.
    Most would seem to prefer to be keyboard warriors and that's fine. If you plan to discuss specific decisions in a game with me, please have (a) lost your team bias, (b) a description of the decision (as there are quite a few during a game), and (c) some knowledge of the law that relates. Oh, and (d) a beer for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Tonkar it is sad for you to choose whether or not to attend a game purely by who is refereeing. You would have to be the only person I know of who does this. Most people will attend a game to support one of the teams playing.

I would welcome your attendance at any of my games and you can brief me post-game on how well I did (or didn't, given your preconception). In fact I would welcome any posters in here introducing themselves if they happen to be at the same venue as I.
    Most would seem to prefer to be keyboard warriors and that's fine. If you plan to discuss specific decisions in a game with me, please have (a) lost your team bias, (b) a description of the decision (as there are quite a few during a game), and (c) some knowledge of the law that relates. Oh, and (d) a beer for me.
    When are you reffing a game over in Brisbane?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash

good to see that you are still going,Ecky!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johntheref View Post
    He's a relative if mine so the info is correct. With study and work commitments the commute in peak hours was difficult. Kind similar to Mr Birch who recently moved from Kala to Joondalup.I guess there are roads between Joondalup Arean and Hartfield but as a Dumbass i guess im only speculating. Contrary to popular belief Mr Nestor is not involved in every club transfer....
    LO!!!!!! You and u'r mate "broken gunfighter" make sure you take a deep breath before you put u'r head in the sand again......it'll be in there a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    When are you reffing a game over in Brisbane?
    Let me check my diary:
    Not in the foreseeable. But if I'm over there for any reason during the footy season I shall be sure to get a game somewhere. The will let you know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    good to see that you are still going,Ecky!
    I was at the Foreshore round 1, annoying Tref until the last few minutes, then at Joondaloop Round 2 - and I'll be at Hartfield this weekend for a wee while - see if you can spot me

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Anyone know what the position is with Alby's contract? Must be coming to an end as a marquee surely? Not sure I'd renew him - think he's past his best and not worth a marquee salary anymore.
    Out of contract this season. Don't ARU would give another extension. And agree with sentiments. Bring on Louwrens

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I was at the Foreshore round 1, annoying Tref until the last few minutes, then at Joondaloop Round 2 - and I'll be at Hartfield this weekend for a wee while - see if you can spot me
    haha I heard Tref was a little Fiesty in that game!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast