Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Force v Crusaders 8th April 2016

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Was that a try? Looked like at least like a double movement on TV if not 3! We wuz robbed! Again! 😉😉😄
    Just finished watching it. Yep, there was double movement and he was short of the line. That said, we didn't really deserve a win - Saders butchered certain tries eg McNicholl, so on balance fair result.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I gather the stats out of my own interest and have absolutely nothing to offer RWA as there are many more people with better credentials.

The Ruck Involvement stats you can't get from anywhere else and most people are surprised as to who IS actually putting in the hard work.

IMO Ruck Involvement is a good measure of work rate and an indication of how much individual players, especially Forwards, are prepared to put in for the team rather than just for themselves. For Backs Ruck Involvements usually come at a cost e.g Ian Prior, Luke Burton et al.

I wasn't aware that I'd ever commented on RUPA.

Hodgson will obviously just keep doing what he does right up until he hangs up his boots - whether he is Captain or not.
    He just does what he does and obviously brings the same dedication and effort into all of his pursuits.

I'd rather Foley and the playing squad had a primary focus on improving their game to provide an 80 minute, consistent, professional effort.
    Then they'll have time for the PR.
    But I agree with Alison in that they all should be doing a lot more with the fans, especially the younger ones, after each game - home and away.

For the rest - you're entitled to your opinion.

PS Get out and about and support some local rugby today.
    Your missing the point Andrew but can be forgiven as someone so interested in stats would never be able to read between the lines thIs group can't get it right they just don't gel
    The player group and coaches don't gel they never will
    They need to become a team and organisation of the people
    They made a movie about Eddie the eagle

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    This is maybe irrelevant to some but I've noticed this season that very few players come over to see the fans at the end of the game. The only ones to have done it without fail this season are Hodgo and Benny Taps I think.

I know they must be knackered as well as disappointed after such tough physical games but it means so much to all the little kids who line the barrier waiting for a signature from their favourite players. They are the future of our game and a few minutes of engagement with them could spur them on to take up rugby rather than AFL or soccer.

Just a thought.
    I think you've hit it on the head there Alison after each game last year my young fella was keen as mustard to be down the sideline to see some of the lads and have a chat. Kids just don't seem to care about the losses but if he got his hat signed by the badge or Marcel asking him if he liked the game or Luke signing his jumper and giving him a massive hi five. They're free marketing that potentially that lad could be playing for the force in future or maybe the kids parents might be a potential sponsor. Not this year though. First game hardly anyone came over we thought it may have been a 1 off. Doesn't sound good.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    I don't think you would say that if you knew the way the team and management stood up for and stood with HP boys when their Dad passed away in February. They were like family.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolfe View Post
    I don't think you would say that if you knew the way the team and management stood up for and stood with HP boys when their Dad passed away in February. They were like family.
    sad for the boys but can't see any off that on or off the field they have a job to do and are paid to produce what ever the circumstances they need to explore all avenues
    You can't keep producing the same shit week in week out
    Foleys response to the media was how proud he was of the boys
    How about the supporters and the shit they dish up each week
    Most teams look for consistency
    Well the force certainly provide that
    They are mentally drained and need a good down to earth rocket right up there arse

Player
    vCash
    Basically, they are not happy about the way they HAVE to play or TOLD to play

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, Tom Fearn would fix it

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    He can't fix it
    They need to sit down hold hands and watch the mighty ducks

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Couldn't do any worse!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well maybe when the job becomes available he can apply with RWA and not via an unassociated Fan Forum.

Would you like the address?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    Your missing the point Andrew but can be forgiven as someone so interested in stats would never be able to read between the lines thIs group can't get it right they just don't gel
    Give me a break....you have absolutely no idea what my background or experience is....and nor are you likely to.

(Hint...it may have something to do with leadership, management, team building, team mentoring, running businesses but most often in a professional basis rather than having to placate amateurs who don't have a clue what they're talking about. So usually I don't even try.)

Eddie the Eagle was about an Individual and had nothing to do with Team.
    (Another hint: Movies rarely present solutions to real life problems. They really are just make believe.)

There is a huge difference between handling a professional sporting team and running/coaching a suburban team or club.
    Very few can make the change successfully. That's the reality.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 09-04-16 at 14:38.

vCash
    Wow...TWF just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

How easy it is to enter the same world as the Twittersphere with the Chatterati and just move into total character assassination without any thought of possible consequences.

Making claims by innuendo without any level of substantiation is simply malicious gossip of the worst kind in a pathetic attempt to build up one-self by dragging others down.

All a bit sad really........For me I'd rather do something useful like sort out my sock drawer or sticking pins in my eyes rather than read some of the rubbish that's been getting dished out on this site recently.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Andrew thank you for your feedback
    I do spend a bit of time in the business world, it is full a worldly and colourful people it's full of sharks that would read between your lines
    I wish you all the best in your endeavours as you seem to be to far up the food chain for me
    Hopefully your not involved with the force as it wouldn't bode well for future business

vCash
    Would have thought most people who spend a bit of time in the business world would have reasonable spelling and grammar skills. But wot wood i no?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    This is maybe irrelevant to some but I've noticed this season that very few players come over to see the fans at the end of the game. The only ones to have done it without fail this season are Hodgo and Benny Taps I think.

I know they must be knackered as well as disappointed after such tough physical games but it means so much to all the little kids who line the barrier waiting for a signature from their favourite players. They are the future of our game and a few minutes of engagement with them could spur them on to take up rugby rather than AFL or soccer.

Just a thought.
    I took this pic after the end of game huddle. Foley is 1/2 way to the boundary and the players don't look like moving...
    Probably means nothing but I did notice it at the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast