Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dear Mr Foley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

We should also sign some new players.

Dan Carter, Augustin Creevy, Shane Williams, John Eales.
    Great idea. Dunno why nobody thought of that. You should be a CEO.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Mitchell is almost the same i'm as Foley i believe. His way or the highway.
    You obviously don't know Michael Foley or how he works as coach!

Michael Foley has NOTHING in common with John Mitchell.

I've said it all before...the time to make the change is the end of the season.
    (But it still means paying all the coaches out for 2017)

Interesting that the Rebels finally played a team above them on the points table and they get thumped at home.

We had 8 players come off the bench against the Chiefs who played a total of 148 minutes.
    There was no shortage of Chiefs to tackle (especially in the last 15 minutes).
    Their combined total tackle count was 7 Tackles and 4 Missed Tackles (64%).
    4 of them were 0/0.
    Hodgo made 15 tackles in 81 minutes game time.
    Don't miss out the players when you start holding people accountable.

Fans ar bagging Peter Grant. He actually had the 3rd highest run metres and 4th highest tackle count.

I can understand Foley's reluctance to make wholesale changes until we were back to 15 men (66 minutes) because we werfe still winning the set pieces..
    We actually only lost the single scrum (7/8) and 9/9 Line Outs - against the top team in our Conference.

The Force have had a tough draw - and it doesn't get much easier until after the 1st Bye.
    (Waratahs and Bulls looking like real chances for wins).

We should have beaten the Rebels. We rolled the Reds (thank goodness).

But seriously, how many people expected wins against the Hurricanes, Brumbies and Chiefs?
    And we still have the Highlanders and Crusaders before the Bye.

I was impressed by Mr Dependable Hodgson (where would we be without him?), the improvements shown by Adam Coleman and Heath Tessman (who threw well to the Line Out today) and the ongoing improvement/effort of Ross Haylett-Petty (stand tall young man!!).
    How pleasing it is to see Tet Faulkner doing so well after his serious knee injury?

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 27-03-16 at 04:06.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Michael Foley has NOTHING in common with John Mitchell.
    Mitchell actually coached the side to a few wins unlike Foley who is proving he couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

But seriously, how many people expected wins against the Hurricanes, Brumbies and Chiefs?
    I wasn't expecting wins but I also wasn't expecting them to roll over and capitulate so easily.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    I did think we may have been able to beat the Brumbies (may Glory and Light be upon their name) and we would have had a far better chance if they did not have their own pet ref as you have pointed out Andrew. I also changed my tips from Chiefs to Force 20 minutes before the game, coz, yea!

The Chiefs also appeared to be playing a modified version of hot potato/basket ball after 60 minutes (seriously though their handling skills and spatial awareness were superb).

Anyway i'm sure that the Highlanders will be overconfident and easy pickings for us......

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Who's Stonefish?
    Foley's nickname in Queensland, I.e. Stonefish, everything he touches he poisons!!!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolfe View Post
    I did think we may have been able to beat the Brumbies (may Glory and Light be upon their name) and we would have had a far better chance if they did not have their own pet ref as you have pointed out Andrew. I also changed my tips from Chiefs to Force 20 minutes before the game, coz, yea!

The Chiefs also appeared to be playing a modified version of hot potato/basket ball after 60 minutes (seriously though their handling skills and spatial awareness were superb).

Anyway i'm sure that the Highlanders will be overconfident and easy pickings for us......
    Gee some scathing comments here...remember this is the toughest rugby comp in the world. The lads are trying their guts out and I can see some great rugby but the chiefs are pretty awesome team....take the loss in context.....Coleman played really well....like to see DHP in the backline somewhere (13??)....

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I was impressed by Mr Dependable Hodgson (where would we be without him?)..
    I was also very impressed with his quiet/subtle F Bomb in the after match interview a la Sharpie.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Mitchell actually coached the side to a few wins unlike Foley who is proving he couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

I wasn't expecting wins but I also wasn't expecting them to roll over and capitulate so easily.
    Thanks Jargs but you've really hit the nail on the head. But seriously, is 38% over 5 years really significantly better than 33% in just over 3 years?

John Mitchell kicked off with all of the hype of a new franchise with a very good team, and in 2010 had a team which should have made the finals (arguably even capable of winning) but could still only win 38% of the games over 5 years.

Michael Foley took over the team after 18 months of Richard Graham's poor efforts (and remember he was here even longer as assistant coach) and a squad that he had little time to influence and a club which was in disarray. The poisoned chalice was that Graham had extended contracts to players who weren't even making the run-on side. With short notice Foley injected as much new blood as was possible.

He took over a club at the same time as a new CEO (when the organisation was totally dysfunctional) and sponsorship had been impacted by FirePower and the start of the deepest mining slump that the state has experienced (which continues) and for the first 2 years of his period the ARU is pleading poor boy - including the de-funding of the academy and no $$s to retain even the Honey Badger. The Force loses it's naming sponsor and the struggle continues.
    Since the FirePower debacle IT'S ALL BEEN ABOUT THE $$s.

Yet neither Sinderberry nor Foley were here when that debacle unfolded.

Yet Michael Foley still manages a 33% playing record and game plans which see us roll the Waratahs regularly and gets wins like SunCorp for the first time in our history. Against teams which have 11-13 current Wallabies in their run-on side where the Force has ONE.

Michael Foley has done more to get home-grown talent into the squad and run-on team than John Mitchell ever did.

This year we have had the game plan to keep the Force withing contact of teams which have blown us away in the final 20 minutes.

That suggests to me that we have a PLAYER ISSUE - NOT A COACHING ISSUE.

It's NOT the coach who tells Rasolea to stop running instead of pinning his ears back and heading for the try line.
    Or his support players to run wide instead of close enough to take a tackle.

It's not the coach who drives total capitulation from 75% of the squad who fail to rise behind a Captain who's on the field busting his gut for every minute of every game.

The efforts of all 8 players off the bench against the Chiefs was insipid at best.

We have a squad, most of which Foley has inherited, who just don't have the TICKER or the smarts to turn a game plan into wins. Yet frustratingly the team show glimmers of hope as when on song they've shown that they can surprise us from time to time.

The other sides aren't sitting still waiting for us to catch up. They too are trying to win more than they lose.

Michael Foley is the coach who has shown confidence in a player such as Ross Haylett-Petty who grows in stature with every playing minute.

It is Michael Foley who has nurtured his older brother into pushing for Wallabies selection.

It is Michael Foley who has shown confidence in a Jermaine Ainsley at let him have a great half a game against a Wallabies Front Row (Brumbies). Jermaine is likely to be a great Prop for the Force.

It was Michael Foley who had the personal input into a K-Bomb such that he too developed into possible Wallabies (or even England) selection. But it was the external $$s which changed that plan.

Michael Foley and Matt Hodgson obviously work well together.
    Is Hodgson going to remain in the mix if Foley is cut-off at the knees?

TO CHANGE THE COACH NOW WOULD JUST CONTINUE THE STUPIDY OF THE PAST THAT WE HAVE ALL HAD TO LIVE WITH.

To change the coach IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE the outcomes in 2016.

To keep the coach until the end of the year MAY give Matt Hodgson, his leadership group and the wider playing group an opportunity to build on their 50-60 minute efforts and turn them into 80 minute efforts and really show the Club which players are worth keeping. IMO, on current form, that's a very short list because most of them go missing too regularly, show no ticker and can't follow the game plan. But I'm only too ready to be surprised and give them at least until the end of the season - because that makes sense after all of the hard yards they've put in since the end of last season.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 27-03-16 at 09:31.

Player
    vCash
    They play like shit. It is the way they play. Fundamental error with a lack of fundamental knowledge.
    THAT IS THE COACH!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah yeah, Tom Fern for Coach

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    All ridiculous bar one, fisher contracted in Europe, Mckenzie maybe if he would come back to oz rugby, McQueen done and dusted, Byrne ex afl predominately skills coach, nucifora - check his u/20's results who also got the sack from brumbies and blues!!!
    You don't enter the inner sanctum of the all blacks as an Australian and stay there that long if you are a fuck wit
    The way he is talked about in NZ coaching circles tells you he is much more than just a skills coach and I do believe he is involved with cheika now
    The way Dan carter and wayne smith and Hansen reguard him is right up there with the best not only at skills level but also tactically

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    You don't enter the inner sanctum of the all blacks as an Australian and stay there that long if you are a fuck wit
    The way he is talked about in NZ coaching circles tells you he is much more than just a skills coach and I do believe he is involved with cheika now
    The way Dan carter and wayne smith and Hansen reguard him is right up there with the best not only at skills level but also tactically
    And Cheika has exactly the same opinion/respect for Michael Foley.

Red Carded
    vCash
    And Cheika has exactly the same opinion/respect for Michael Foley.
    I have no doubt he respects as a human but seriously to try and compare that to an AFL player that has turned the ABs into the best counter attack and defensive kicking side shows he has been around the block a few times
    If WF don't want to pay this fuckwit out the board should give him a paint brush and broom and start refurbishing mcgillvary change rooms then move onto baysie but also give him a Saftey kit for picking up syringes and then onto Cottesloe
    There are no stats Andrew that can save this putz he will never coach again respected as a human but nothing else
    The stats need to be done on how many twf supporters that have supported this man and within 7 days have become trolls or opinionated as I consider myself

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    True but he is predominantly a skills coach. I agree give Him a go anything is better than what we have got atm. Actually Wayne smith ran defence and counter attack from kick and turnover. Byrne would coach kick technique, foster and smith would coach where and why!

vCash
    I have no doubt he respects as a human but seriously to try and compare that to an AFL player that has turned the ABs into the best counter attack and defensive kicking side shows he has been around the block a few times
    You MAY recall that Michael Cheika wanted to have Michael Foley join as Wallabies Forwards Coach for the RWC but Foley (as per Larkham) declined and advised that they had too much to do for their respective clubs.

Suggest you check out what Foley did BEFORE he joined the Waratahs at a very toxic time in their development.

Suggest that you also talk to the WForce players and get their viewpoint on Michael Foley.

I have done both and respectfully suggest that your comments are neither reasonable nor fair.

But you're entitled to your viewpoint. But they're probably better expressed on Crikey, The Project or The Drum.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 27-03-16 at 14:08.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast