Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Mr Foley

vCash
    was gutted to see the way we finished the game and then watched the rebels aussie rugby is so far behind the kiwis do we have an answer

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yet strangely enough we are good enough to reach a world cup grand final!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    The assistants were untried at this level and have failed.
    You could say the same about the assistants under Mitchell actually. Fearn, Mulvihill, Darwin All good blokes but they never actually won much
    Fearn has won a shit load locally and been successful in Japan and whatever teams he enters. Also well respected amongst professional areas, why would Doherty coach with him. apparently just been invited to IRANZ in NZ to coach with mike Brewer Mexted Chris Jack Rodney soiolo, and co. (Checked online) So he must know something surely. but at least these guys they are here and understand what it takes.
    He and mulvihill were successful with nrc and would have learnt a lot about what is good and bad in professional teams. Without Mitchell's noose they may flourish!! Who knows!
    At the moment it is a debacle. At least these guys would create change! Hopefully for the better coz they could not do any worse.
    Change is what will change the way the force play!
    So next week we have the highlanders and possibly another belting and then what! Same old bullshit yeah?
    They look like they have no idea where or what they should be doing.. That is the problem! Coz maybe the coaches don't know how!!!!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    yet strangely enough we are good enough to reach a world cup grand final!
    Mate WC is best 23 against 23. Super rugby is your best 23 players spread over 5 teams which dilutes the talent pool. You just have to watch the Kiwis skills with their passing and quite frankly they shit on us. Its a cultural difference much akin to AFL here where you grown up having a footy in the house. You go out and kick it around with your brother, practice trick shots, crazy passes etc. You either have those innate skills before your ever start organised sport or you don't. Too many Aussies don't because Rugby is not our number 1 or even number 4 sport.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    We have to be realistic. Winning with Nedlands does not make you a Super Rugby coach nor does working as a consultant in Japan. I'm not saying anyone should be dismissed as a future coach but we have to be realistic. Do we know if Foley has lost the change room. Not from what I hear. And I ask again, will sacking a coach now help the side for the rest of the season. Didn't people want him sacked two years ago right about now and then did a quick flip as they nearly made the finals or maybe I'm just a wee bit cynical.

Player
    vCash
    We have to be realistic. Winning with Nedlands does not make you a Super Rugby coach nor does working as a consultant in Japan. I'm not saying anyone should be dismissed as a future coach but we have to be realistic. Do we know if Foley has lost the change room. Not from what I hear. And I ask again, will sacking a coach now help the side for the rest of the season. Didn't people want him sacked two years ago right about now and then did a quick flip as they nearly made the finals or maybe I'm just a wee bit cynical.
    Didn't foley jump from a losing Waratahs to now losing with the force. But Fearn has still experienced a long time in professional teams. he still wins competitions wherever he goes. That's what I see and players like him.
    The change room is interesting as when no one knows what's going on you can't point the finger! Alby would kno tho!

vCash
    We are in a competition where do not compete 😔

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Red Carded
    vCash
    It's not the way win its the way we lose
    As I have said before the AFL has it spit on with the likes of Melbourne (Paul Roos ) GWS (Kevin sheedy)
    Got it wrong with Gold Coast and replaced McKenna not because he is useless the players just would push themselves to the limit for him and replace him with R Eade
    The force is a poison chalice for any catch that is why a seasoned individual needs to be parachuted in
    The likes of fearn and co would be eaten alive
    There should be a succession plan in place to maybe the locals or someone else
    Results are not going to put a seasoned coach with a succession plan in place with the had over at an appropriate time

Player
    vCash
    The likes of fearn and co would be eaten alive.
    What's happening now?!!!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    The likes of fearn and co would be eaten alive.
    What's happening now?!!!
    The mentality of a force supporter is about winning because very few understand the game
    To change the coach and put someone in who is not tried and proven at this level would ruin there reputation and future in trying to make a living from there sport
    A figure head with enough respect and nouse to tidy the franchise up on and off the field is required
    A succession plan to the local hero to follow
    The board needs to go as well
    I have been pushing this for years
    Maybe you need to act with your feet and walk out of the stadium at halftime like the soccer
    Worked for them and gave them a voice and media e soo sure so they could let off more flares

Champion
    vCash
    To change the coach and put someone in who is not tried and proven at this level would ruin there reputation and future in trying to make a living from there sport
    A figure head with enough respect and nouse to tidy the franchise up on and off the field is required

Well said

Champion
    vCash
    Tai was shafted by Stonefish because he was percieved to be a threat as I pointed out several months ago and quite simply is just not up to the mark.
    His strength and conditioning guru whoever the fuck he is can also go as well because the Force 20's I watched today were really out of shape and looked unfit and it flows through to the top although they did show a lot of heart in a tight match.
    It's no coincidence we fall away at the 60 minute mark every week.
    The first half was as good as I have seen the Force play but there is something seriously wrong when they capitulate so easily and what's with Stonefishes post match handshakes every week.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    The mentality of a force supporter is about winning because very few understand the game
    The board needs to go as well
    I have been pushing this for years
    Maybe you need to act with your feet and walk out of the stadium at halftime like the soccer
    Worked for them and gave them a voice and media e soo sure so they could let off more flares
    Imo i think the result tonight needs us long time members to be united and do the walkout to show the management we're fairdinkum! Coming from a unionised background though i wonder how many will have the balls to demand the change? I also have been advocating change at board level. The rot starts at the top it certainly didn't hurt the Dockers when Rick Hart and the rest were politely shown the door.

Player
    vCash

Well said
    Foley was tried and proven apparently and it is clearly not working. Having a so called 'name' is folly. Chris Boyd took over from hurricanes last year who were in disarray after hammets tenure,and coached them to a grand final, previously he wasn't tried and proven but a good Wellington man! Rennie took over the Chiefs (previously an assistant with hurricanes) at super level made changes to the players and won a comp twice, he wasn't tried and proven at super level. Jamie Joseph took over highlanders and struggled, he wasn't tried and proven at super level. Coached Wellington B for awhile then Wellington,
    So you don't know unless you give coaches a go!! Not saying Fearn is the answer but he has at least coached professional players for quite a while now.

vCash
    Who's Stonefish?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast