Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Cheifs v Force in NZ...

vCash
    I live in hope that we can replicate the Glory's impressive second half of the season. I mean, we're almost at the bottom of the barrel
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-2...e-jets/7277922

I was thinking of Yazz's The Only Way is Up, then thought the second verse maybe a bit too prophetic for some..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKADQnjQmc
    But if we should be evicted
    Huh, from our homes,
    We'll just move somewhere else
    And still carry on

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewM; 26-03-16 at 19:47.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Wrong. We need to have some recognised star quality players that the rugby public and the general public have heard of to generate some excitement back in the brand and get the fans back attending games. Who apart from family and friends is going to turn up to a rugby comp one level below International to watch no names run around. You need to earn your spot to make it at this level. I don't care if your WA born or not. If you aren't good enough you don't play.

Rugby WA and the ARU should go all out to get Ewen McKenzie in as a bloody salvage job to turn things around. Plenty of players would like to play under Link and we know he can coach an exciting brand of football .
    Yeah I like that Mckenzie call with coaches that are passionate about local identity.

vCash
    Link is probably still pissed at the ARU after they backed beale and not his staff. He should politely tell the ARU to go fu$k themselves whenever they come knocking.

That's what happens when you have numptys running the joint. You alienate the good people and they leave and the dregs remain.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I didn't see the Hurricanes game, but to me in today's game they seemed to throw in the towel after conceding the try following Cottrell's sin binning. Up to that point they were still in the game. I would never question Hodgo's effort, loyalty or ability, but you wonder if a different sort of captain might have made a difference at that point. Hodgo has always been a leader by example, but maybe they needed something else from their captain, especially when games have started to turn away from them - as in the past two games. After the sin binning there was no heart and too many missed tackles...!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Unless you like being verbally abused, intimidated, spat at and pushed down the stairs when leaving the game....
    Well Allison I think even the most feral supporter would show some sort of empathy to a force supporter after that

vCash
    Ruck Involvement numbers against the Chiefs

Name:  Rucks 1.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  132.6 KB

Name:  Rucks 2.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  106.1 KB

Tackles: Hodgson 15; Stander 8; Cowan 7

Extremely disappointing result.
    Right in the game through half time (C12:10F) and even up until Gus' YC (C19:10F). (Again at 56 minutes)
    Gus' Yellow Card very lazy. Extremely poor discipline from one of the more experienced players at a critical stage of the match.
    No coming back from 3 Tries in 7 minutes before McCalman replaced Gus.
    Set Piece was good but understandably under pressure when a man down.
    Only 10 Handling Errors.
    Only 5 Penalties conceded.
    Gave the Chiefs too much ball into broken play when a man down.
    Would have preferred more focus on ball retention during this period but understandable as Chiefs were getting away with murder at the breakdown. (e.g. tackling players beyond the ball who hadn't even entered the ruck.
    Again we suffered from the non-calls at critical stages which killed momentum. (Tapuai's shirt being held with kick ahead, foot in touch, etc.)
    I would think tiresome for the players as well.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 26-03-16 at 22:25.

Senior Player
    vCash
    My sticker says "I belong in the sea of blue!"

A bit prescient, really.

Because, to be honest, I feel I'm drowning in a sea of blue, blue melancholia.

No initiative to play halfback to speed the game up. Alby too slow.

No idea what to do when we get a line break.

No fitness to chase the up and under. No one following players to look for the offload.

No contestable re-starts.

All already mentioned by others above.

We were given a lesson in face-paced, running, skilful rugby. So many of our players just not at the same standard, not up to scratch. Coleman and the lineout the only bright patch.

What about a Kiwi coach? A back. And he can bring over a dozen young bros as well...

vCash
    Only 10 Handling Errors.

Andrewg they were the "only" good things to come out of that game!
    I feel for Hodgo but I really wonder about the fitness and the rugby nouse of those around him!
    Is it time for a new coach? I'm starting to fall into that camp because what ever is not working!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Hey....the upside....a tour of NZ will be the education in rugby that a lot of these blokes need. They live in a west Australian bubble that isolates them from reality. The bubble just burst. NZ teams in NZ is 'ard. The bright side is the team was competitive in the first half of both drubbings. They competed. The wheels fell off in the last quarter. They will come back a better team

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Hey....the upside....a tour of NZ will be the education in rugby that a lot of these blokes need. They live in a west Australian bubble that isolates them from reality. The bubble just burst. NZ teams in NZ is 'ard. The bright side is the team was competitive in the first half of both drubbings. They competed. The wheels fell off in the last quarter. They will come back a better team
    Blimey! Someone's hacked "Rex's" account!

May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Ruck Involvement numbers against the Chiefs

Name:  Rucks 1.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  132.6 KB

Name:  Rucks 2.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  106.1 KB

Tackles: Hodgson 15; Stander 8; Cowan 7

Extremely disappointing result.
    Right in the game through half time (C12:10F) and even up until Gus' YC (C19:10F). (Again at 56 minutes)
    Gus' Yellow Card very lazy. Extremely poor discipline from one of the more experienced players at a critical stage of the match.
    No coming back from 3 Tries in 7 minutes before McCalman replaced Gus.
    Set Piece was good but understandably under pressure when a man down.
    Only 10 Handling Errors.
    Gave the Chiefs too much ball into broken play when a man down.
    Would have preferred more focus on ball retention during this period but understandable as Chiefs were getting away with murder at the breakdown. (e.g. tackling players beyond the ball who hadn't even entered the ruck.
    Again we suffered from the non-calls at critical stages which killed momentum. (Tapuai's shirt being held with kick ahead, foot in touch, etc.)
    I would think tiresome for the players as well.
    This must mean the game plan is f....d!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    This must mean the game plan is f....d!
    maybe you should read it - and if you dont understand it - have one of the adults explain it to you.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Seriously a three game tour of NZ was anyone expecting a win?? Competitive in both games, taking the game to some of the best teams in the competition. Playing some running rugby that we have all been asking for!! I agree we do lack the talent pool of every other team in the competition but I for one want rugby union to continue in the west and will continue to turn up week in week out to watch the game. I don't think Foley has done a bad job, considering what he took over, there is more local talent on show than ever before, which also addresses a common complaint from the masses!
    There is a disconnect between grass roots rugby and super rugby that needs fixed, that takes strategic thinking, good management, planning and marketing, not necessarily a rugby brain, to really make it work. I am not sure the ARU has this either, rugby union is growing globally and Australia has not kept up with the initiatives, part of this is because the east coast Wallabies have had success so they all pat themselves on the back for a job well done when really there is no real growth plan.
    I do not know what the answer is and it is bigger than the Western Force, it is Australian rugby, we are the weakest conference and that is the root cause that needs fixed, both from bottom up and top down! Changing a coach or not turning up to support your local super rugby team will not fix the real issues but will, short term, kill the game in the west.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I thought they were looking good up to 55-60 minutes, quick offloads, fast pace & line speed, which pressured the Chiefs, but they seem to have this habit of going into cruise mode and lose the plot. Daydreaming at the back of a ruck looking at the ball FFS! So many balls stolen too easily. I thought the Lineouts and scrums were really consistent for a change. Good to see Masirewa finally getting involved, but again no support on line breaks. Then when we get the ball its kicked straight back to the Chiefs FFS! WHO IS TELLING THEM TO KEEP KICKING THE BALL AWAY! Don't know what happens at half time in the shed, cos it's like a completely different team comes out the second half. The looks on their faces was like someone had just died. Is fitness an issue with the team, or is it just attitude?

Senior Player
    vCash
    What can be done to ensure a fairer spread of Wallabies across the Australian conference?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast