Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheifs v Force in NZ...

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    An English friend of mine is trying to persuade me to join him for the Lions tour to NZ next year. Would be there in a heartbeat for the rugby itself but the vile and feral nature of the average Kiwi fan (particularly at Eden Park) is making me think long and hard! Shame :-(
    watched the blues chiefs game at eden park with my boys all wearing force gear and was talked to by numerous supporters about our visit with only positive feedback from them all alison
    you should go and experience a real rugby culture and buy your name sake alison holsts cook book then you can stay at home when the rugbys on cooking scones

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red Carded
    vCash
    An English friend of mine is trying to persuade me to join him for the Lions tour to NZ next year. Would be there in a heartbeat for the rugby itself but the vile and feral nature of the average Kiwi fan (particularly at Eden Park) is making me think long and hard! Shame :-(
    Come out to the Corfield Tavern and watch it on the bigscreen - you might even get to spin the chocolate wheel - I could introduce you to some of my mates - a couple have even still got their teeth

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Alison makes nice scones. And comes from a rugby culture

She's a woman... Can multitask

Trolls OTOH are only good for one thing... sitting under a bridge, smelling the place out

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Alison makes nice scones. And comes from a rugby culture

She's a woman... Can multitask

Trolls OTOH are only good for one thing... sitting under a bridge, smelling the place out
    If Alison can multi task she should spit back
    Nothing like a feral spitting abusive troll.

vCash
    Trolls really aren't worth the waste in energy used to reply, there are more interesting things to do. Move on...........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    ...Nothing like a feral spitting abusive troll.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Definitely do it Ali. We had an awesome time for the World Cup. The only time we had any issues was when we were leaving Eden park after the final, some feral drunk teenagers were having a go.
    We wore Force or Wallabies gear most of the time, and all people wanted to do was talk about rugby and about our trip around NZ

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I had no problems in Hamilton or Pukakoe (where the match was)

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    you probably did,but didn't realise it

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    you probably did,but didn't realise it
    Only problem I had was trying to GTF out of Pukakoe at night time. Main road in was in only. Eventually discovered I had to drive about 10 KMs north or south to get out then head back to freeway..

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Only problem I had was trying to GTF out of Pukakoe at night time. Main road in was in only.
    That's real redneck

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    World Cup hero Donald back for Chiefs

AAP
    March 24, 2016, 12:18 pm

An unlikely 2011 World Cup-winning hero, Stephen Donald is set to play his first match for the injury-hit Chiefs in five years when they meet the Western Force.

The former All Blacks five-eighth has been included on the bench for Saturday's Super Rugby match in Palmerston North as the Australian conference leaders attempt to overcome a huge injury toll and a brutal travel schedule.

Halfback Tawera Kerr-Barlow (head knock) and impressive centre Anton Lienert-Brown (knee) are the latest players ruled out to be ruled out in the wake of the thrilling 30-26 win over the Jaguares in Buenos Aires last weekend.

In all, the Chiefs have 12 players in their casualty ward, among them prop Pauliasi Manu, who suffered a season-ending achilles injury in training on Wednesday, and lock Johan Bardoul, who broke a thumb against the Jaguares.

Donald, 32, made 85 appearances for the franchise before heading overseas after the 2011 World Cup, where he gained a surprise late call up to the All Blacks bench for the final and kicked the decisive goal to beat France at Eden Park.

Coming in to replace Kerr-Barlow, Lienert-Brown and Bardoul has accounted are Brad Weber, Seta Tamanivalu and Taleni Seu.

At tighthead prop, Siate Tokolahi is promoted off the bench for Japan international Hiroshi Yamashita.

Also among the reserves are four newcomers to Super Rugby in prop Siegfried Fisi'ihoi, flanker Sam Henwood, halfback Kayne Hammington and outside back Toni Pulu.

The Chiefs will be grateful to be playing at home after playing in South Africa then making a torturous trip to Buenos Aires before returning to New Zealand this week.

Chiefs: Damian McKenzie, Sam McNicol, Seta Tamanivalu, Charlie Ngatai, James Lowe, Aaron Cruden (co-capt), Brad Weber, Michael Leitch, Sam Cane (co-capt), Tom Sanders, Taleni Seu, Michael Allardice, Siate Tokolahi, Hika Elliot, Mitchell Graham. Res: Rhys Marshall, Atu Moli, Siegfried Fisi'ihoi, James Tucker, Sam Henwood, Kayne Hammington, Stephen Donald, Toni Pulu.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...ck-for-chiefs/

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Veteran
    vCash
    The Western Force have made two changes to the match-day 23 to face the Chiefs at FMG Stadium Waikato, Hamilton on Saturday, 26 March, as the Western Australian side goes on the hunt for their second win of the season.

In the only changes to the team, hooker Heath Tessmann comes into the starting XV along with Brynard Stander who gets the nod at blindside flanker.

Head Coach Michael Foley says the side had learnt some valuable lessons from last week’s loss to the Hurricanes.

“We were disappointed in our performance on Friday night. For the first 60 minutes of the game, we created enough opportunities to take points,” he said. “However, at key times we gave possession away and released pressure too easily. A lot of the lead up work in attack was what we’ve been practicing and came on the back of good set piece and defence.

“Ultimately, we will stay true to the way we want to play and won’t lose sight of what we are trying to achieve, but to take the next step and win those games, will mean being more relentless to finish our work when we have momentum at different times throughout the game.”

Tessmann comes into the starting front-row and will join the familiar pairing of Pek Cowan and Tetera Faulkner. The formidable pairing of Adam Coleman and Ross Haylett-Petty will start in the second row for the third straight week.

In the backrow, Stander comes into the starting line-up at blindside with Matt Hodgson at openside and the versatile Angus Cottrell will look to make an impact moving to No.8.

In an unchanged back line Alby Mathewson and Peter Grant will look to get the Force on the front foot and continue to build their chemistry while Solomoni (Junior) Rasolea and Ben Tapuai again partner in the midfield. Semisi Masirewa and Marcel Brache will man the wings while Dane Haylett-Petty will look to continue his fine form at fullback.

Coming off the bench, Ben McCalman will look to make his impact felt when he comes off the bench while Ryan Louwrens and Albert Nikoro will be keen to make the most of their opportunity after showing some good signs in theirs stints off the bench last week.

2016 Asteron Life Super Rugby – Week Five

Chiefs v Western Force

FMG Stadium Waikato, Hamilton Saturday, 26 March 2016

Kick-off: 2:35PM AWST (Fox Sports)

1. Pekahou Cowan

2. Heath Tessmann

3. Tetera Faulkner

4. Ross Haylett-Petty

5. Adam Coleman

6. Brynard Stander

7. Matt Hodgson (C)

8. Angus Cottrell

9. Alby Mathewson

10. Peter Grant

11. Semisi Masirewa

12. Solomoni (Junior) Rasolea

13. Ben Tapuai

14. Marcel Brache

15. Dane Haylett-Petty

Reserves

16. Chris Heiberg

17. Nathan Charles

18. Jermaine Ainsley

19. Sitiveni (Steve) Mafi

20. Ben McCalman

21. Ryan Louwrens

22. Ian Prior

23. Albert Nikoro

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...d-clash-chiefs

vCash
    My wife and I attended the Highlanders v Force game in Dunedin last year. We were both kitted out in our Blue.

Wearing the colours were obviously very much in the minority but it just added to the good natured banter pre-match.

Subdued acknowledgements during the match as I was a bit vocal as the Force dished it up to the Clan.

After the tight win to the Force almost everybody made comments regarding how much the Force had deserved the win.
    Many people going out of their way to offer the congratulations.

Even the Zoo were full of congratulations.

Don't hesitate Alison - the Kiwis love their rugby and it will be a big occasion at every match.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I was also there for that game and had no problems
    actually it was in 2014

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast