Thread: The rolling maul!

vCash

The rolling maul!

I know there have been changes this year but they seem very hard to see! If you watched last weeks game between the Sharks and Jaguars (I think). Twice the SA team scored from rolling mauls in which the ball was not at the back! The way these mauls have developed into attacking platforms is one thing but if there is no legal way of stopping them something is wrong! To my mind everyone in front of the ball carrier is offside! If some one comes in full tilt hits a guy and he drops down the tackler is penalised for bringing it down! WTF
    Time for the rolling maul to be ditched or ! Any ideas? I've loved it over the years but it now seems that what ever the defending team does is wrong.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Well said..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I totally agree. I'm not sure of how the laws were changing this year, but I remember in the build-up to the Super Rugby season all the talk was of "what will the Brumbies do, now that their main attach weapon has been taken away". Not much evidence of that last night and definitely not much defending teams can do to stop it..!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Time for the rolling maul to be ditched or ! Any ideas? I've loved it over the years but it now seems that what ever the defending team does is wrong.
    ...may as well do away with line outs too if you can't maul it over from them. Drop the flankers too. No need for them if they can't carry behind the maul.

While we're at it. Don't contest scrums. The 9's ( who would then be 7's) always feed the second row and the referees don't have a clue.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ...may as well do away with line outs too if you can't maul it over from them. Drop the flankers too. No need for them if they can't carry behind the maul.

While we're at it. Don't contest scrums. The 9's ( who would then be 7's) always feed the second row and the referees don't have a clue.
    You really do want to convert the world to Mungo!😜

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

Isn't that u8s...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    You really do want to convert the world to Mungo!😜
    Not at all. I only care about what I like, which at the moment includes indoctrinating my grandson into the game they play in heaven. Every one else can please themselves

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scozzie View Post
    I totally agree. I'm not sure of how the laws were changing this year, but I remember in the build-up to the Super Rugby season all the talk was of "what will the Brumbies do, now that their main attach weapon has been taken away". Not much evidence of that last night and definitely not much defending teams can do to stop it..!
    We seemed to cause their maul plenty of issues last night!

Even with their pet Ref

C'mon the

vCash
    But how can you legally beat it/stop it ? And as I said before now that the ball is supposed to be in the hands of the last player the rest are now offside! And does this now get rid of the accidental offside law as maybe he ran into the guy infornt by mistake!
    Sorry being pedantic!
    Can someone please tell me how it can legally be stopped!