Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sterner test looms for Force

Champion
    vCash

Sterner test looms for Force

Good to see DHP and others called in by Cheika

Haylett-Petty, winger Luke Morahan, back-rowers Ben McCalman and Gus Cottrell, second-rower Adam Coleman and prop Tetera Faulkner met Cheika in Brisbane yesterday.

More here

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...western-force/

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great news :-))

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    DHP has been our standout back for the last two seasons, he deserves a spot on the squad at the very least. I certainly rate his line breaking ability up there with Folau.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    DHP has been our standout back for the last two seasons, he deserves a spot on the squad at the very least. I certainly rate his line breaking ability up there with Folau.
    DHP versus all blacks! Hahahahaha!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    Even Marto said DHP was the 2nd best FB in Aus right now!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    I would argue DHP a better actual Full back.
    His defensive play, positioning and exit kicking all better.
    Both are strong ball in hand and leaping for catch. Folau fantastic when running forward on attack in the outside channel.
    Folau is a freak athlete who would be the best sweeper in the world if such a rugby position existed. Between a 13 and 7/5s and a 14 and 3/4s if you will.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Would like both Prior and Louwrens to have been included in that visit.
    Prior has the best 9 delivery in the country - imagine the wallaby backline running onto a ball that hits the receiver out in front where it should be, at full pace. Calm and tougher than a rail spike.
    Louwrens strong, aggressive and sniping. Young and with a huge future.
    Phipps is tested.
    Genia gone, White gone, Burgess gone.
    That leaves Stirzaker as the only other by my count, and he has been ear marked by all Australian rugby forums as it is.

vCash
    the force have played whats in front of them i believe that they can lift to lift to a level to beat the poneyes

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Would like both Prior and Louwrens to have been included in that visit.
    Prior has the best 9 delivery in the country - imagine the wallaby backline running onto a ball that hits the receiver out in front where it should be, at full pace. Calm and tougher than a rail spike.
    Louwrens strong, aggressive and sniping. Young and with a huge future.
    Phipps is tested.
    Genia gone, White gone, Burgess gone.
    That leaves Stirzaker as the only other by my count, and he has been ear marked by all Australian rugby forums as it is.
    So true, Prior has really improved past season. Have often been put off by Fox raving about Folau, but admit he is a natural athlete, just not convinced rugby has a place for him-no one seems to know where he should go. Not really sure Prior is quite there tho. Also the issue with 10s? So we now have a Peter Grant who has hardly had game time, Jono who has proved outstanding (good, calm decision making And good defence! Hallelujah! Bye bye Sias! But now how does Luke fit back into the team? Cannot understand why Louwrens is being overlooked. He & Morohan have been a good combo in games.
    Really hope the Force have saved up for a good performance against the Brumbies, clutching at straws I know, but don't think they wanted to risk too much in the Reds game and played a safe option. Although seeing the new 'game plan' would've been a plus. A replay of their game against the Canes is what I want to see!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    DHP versus all blacks! Hahahahaha!
    Yes, on the same page there. Can catch OK, Can run OK, Defense mmm, I have a few concerns, not sure what the word would be - maybe doughtiness, and I don't mean frippery, more like discombobulation when faced with this sort of thing. Nice chap though.

vCash
    I dunno, he's never failed to make the tackle when needed, sure there have been some get through, but not really through his channel. Very few long range tries, and most of the short range ones close to the ruck.

He's also thrown in some big, jolting hits to shut down plays in both games this year.

Whilst he's not perfect, I don't think anybody is.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    So true, Prior has really improved past season. Have often been put off by Fox raving about Folau, but admit he is a natural athlete, just not convinced rugby has a place for him-no one seems to know where he should go. Not really sure Prior is quite there tho. Also the issue with 10s? So we now have a Peter Grant who has hardly had game time, Jono who has proved outstanding (good, calm decision making And good defence! Hallelujah! Bye bye Sias! But now how does Luke fit back into the team? Cannot understand why Louwrens is being overlooked. He & Morohan have been a good combo in games.
    Really hope the Force have saved up for a good performance against the Brumbies, clutching at straws I know, but don't think they wanted to risk too much in the Reds game and played a safe option. Although seeing the new 'game plan' would've been a plus. A replay of their game against the Canes is what I want to see!
    Long season, we have depth.
    Squad depth, local players, player retention, live super rugby in Perth at a great stadium.
    It's only been 10yrs since it started.

Senior Player
    vCash
    G it would be nice to maybe see those lads like Kane, Ryan etc to get a real shit hot go especially with a reasonably experienced pair of tens that we have. Keep the build going in a forward direction. I just hope we don't lose too many more talented kids to other provinces. It would very easy for these guys to get disheartened and jump ship if not given a red hot go.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Even Marto said DHP was the 2nd best FB in Aus right now!
    Kiss of death right away. How can you take anything Martin says seriously?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    G it would be nice to maybe see those lads like Kane, Ryan etc to get a real shit hot go especially with a reasonably experienced pair of tens that we have. Keep the build going in a forward direction. I just hope we don't lose too many more talented kids to other provinces. It would very easy for these guys to get disheartened and jump ship if not given a red hot go.
    There are only 15 spots on the team, so yes conundrum.
    But those guys are young and will get their opportunities and I look forward to that happening.
    Importantly there is starting to be a bit of a roll through of a production line of the next wave of players pushing through.
    If this means that kids and young players then start to push into teams around Australia and in Europe, then that is excellent as well, as it means another apsect of the big picture is winning.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast