Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Force v Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Dead man walking the mile.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red Carded
    vCash
    what a franchise where you celebrate a win with a discussion on the oppositions coach
    what does he have to do with the pathetic management of the force and there new style of rugby
    you all need a reality check and sort out your own back yard or is it that bigger mess that requires the ridicule of someone else to deflect the trash at the force and make you feel satisfied
    all you weak supporters that call me a troll should look at yourself when commenting on RG as you must have been bullied as a rugby player when you read between the lines it seems you all get your jollies off picking on this mans misfortune
    what will you do next week put a pictures of steven larkam blame marto for his commentary
    Oh no post now post early
    same old shit, cant seem the new game plan, albi to slow, to much kicking ,beaten at the breakdown ,millar gets smashed by brumbies under 20s prop
    harden up enjoy the win forget RG and find a positive like the try in the 80th minute finish as you mean to go on

Senior Player
    vCash
    It's called schadenfreude, sevenmile, and it's our prerogative mate, after being the victim of same for so many years!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    what a franchise where you celebrate a win with a discussion on the oppositions coach
    what does he have to do with the pathetic management of the force and there new style of rugby
    you all need a reality check and sort out your own back yard or is it that bigger mess that requires the ridicule of someone else to deflect the trash at the force and make you feel satisfied
    all you weak supporters that call me a troll should look at yourself when commenting on RG as you must have been bullied as a rugby player when you read between the lines it seems you all get your jollies off picking on this mans misfortune
    what will you do next week put a pictures of steven larkam blame marto for his commentary
    Oh no post now post early
    same old shit, cant seem the new game plan, albi to slow, to much kicking ,beaten at the breakdown ,millar gets smashed by brumbies under 20s prop
    harden up enjoy the win forget RG and find a positive like the try in the 80th minute finish as you mean to go on

.....interesting rollercoaster of emotions there, 7mile! Reads as if you typed that all in one breath.

vCash
    Don't feed the troll. He's "real rugby person" and if you thought that post was a nasty taunting, you ain't heard nothing yet.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    There is a lot of data and analysis about Line Outs (20-35/match)and Scrums (10-20/match) but there are usually 100-200 rucks in any game about which little is known or info available. For the past 18 months I've been trying to address this shortage of information.

I posted these stats as they cover the Western Force forwards.
    Still collecting the data for the Reds (who are missing the efforts of Gill and Thomson at the breakdown).

However, if you get nothing from the data then I suggest simply move on. I readily accept that not everybody is interested in looking at or analysing stats.

But it you'd like to see more then check out:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/rwc...-v-all-blacks/

and

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/rwc...s-v-wallabies/

If you search my ForceFan handle on G&GR you'll find past articles including many on the Reds' ruck efforts.

On this site suggest check out the Force v Rebels thread which includes a data comparison for the Aussie SR sides in Round 1.
    Great stuff andrewg - I do analysis as well, and know what a mountain of work this is. Much appreciated!

Rookie
    vCash
    So this is what it has come to being a WF supporter.... accepting sub mediocrity and spinning it up seeking the merest glimpse of a positive. Yes we won... against a team that should not be playing in the Southern Wheatbelt B grade comp.. if it existed.

What a marvel it is to watch our Uber coach unleash the team "focusing on upping the tempo of its play". If that was uptempo them a highland bagpipe dirge must be disco. Yet again the hype in no way matches the reality and I for one and so fed up of listening to another coach blah blah his way though a press conference and destroy a group of players with his lack of insight and leadership skill.

we have spent money on start players and what has been delivered - Alby - too slow and ponderous, Tapaui - invisible, Grant - not even used, Mafi - predictable, Morahan - who? The only two players that can hold their heads up are DHP and Masirewa, who was hooked by our great tactician after being the only lad who looked like making a break.

The scrum was appaling... again... Millar, for the second week running, prefers to flop to the floor as opposed to scrummage. Last week, the ref allowed the scrum to continue after Millar was chewing the cud as the ball was at the back of the opposition scrum. This week he managed to give away 6 penalties after hinging like some well oiled trap door. And this is the chap that Foley described as a future Wallaby. Bleeding heck, even the 3 yr Old Ainsley managed to stay on his feet... I have read one comment feeling sorry for him coming up against a very experienced front row.... HELLO - this is Super Rugby.. that front row, whilst good, is old and frankly not world class - Lord help us when we face a real team.

Now its not all his fault... the rest of the pack was substandard this week with the all singing and dancing savior of the club, world rugby player of the year and next president of the UN, Coleman, plodding along and trying to bully his way though a frighteningly appalling defensive line with little impact. Charles, as usual led with his head and was poor at the lineout and the usually reliable back row did not have the impact that they usually have.

I know that this seems like a rant.. it is.. but I cannot get over how far expectations have fallen for any of us to be content to accept this standard of tripe dished up as a 5 course degustation by a supposedly 3 Michelin Star chef.... its not even comparable to McDonalds and now is the time for a change. Foley and his team must go - enough already. There are no more excuses.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    RG is gone according to rumour

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    styles and oconnor new coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    I, for one, want Dickie Graham to stay at the Reds for as looong as possible...
    Jinxed it!

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post

The scrum was appaling... again... Millar, for the second week running, prefers to flop to the floor as opposed to scrummage.
    Foley and his team must go - enough already. There are no more excuses.
    You're right. It sounds like a rant.

1. With Faulkner and Van Wyck still weeks away, who would you suggest could have dealt with a front row that schooled NSW last week?
    2. If they all have to go, who would replace them and how would you entice them to Perth?

This is not a piss-take. The facts are what they are.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You're right. It sounds like a rant.

1. With Faulkner and Van Wyck still weeks away, who would you suggest could have dealt with a front row that schooled NSW last week?
    2. If they all have to go, who would replace them and how would you entice them to Perth?

This is not a piss-take. The facts are what they are.
    Sounds Like and Rant and Is a rant - Its not a matter of replacing them Shasta, its the fact that Foley keep blowing smoke up everyone's backside. This chap is the next big thing, this year we are going to play this way, these new signings are what we have been looking for.. blah blah blah, covering for incompetence and a severe lack of ability. How many players and staff have left the club due to his intransigent attitude? Tai left as he had no say as to what happened in the NRC, Zack Holmes left because Foley would not listen to a negotiated position to stay (now kicking butt at La Rochelle who beat Toulon on the weekend) and the list goes on.

BTW Van Wyck is loose head and Heiburg has done a manful job there and Tet is excellent but in reality, if we have such a lack of depth, why has nothing been done.?... again more questions.

Look - I am a dyed in the wool Force fan and have been supporting the team since prior to inception as have so many people on this site but I am gutted to see how low our expectations are when beating the Reds and scoring one try as they were walking off the field seems OKAY to most. Most of us deliver week in week out at the games and we are dished up gruel instead of what we have paid for over the years.... I watched the game on the weekend and was so incensed at the quality of both sides that I needed to vent and vent I have....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    ....and fair enough. I called it a cripple fight during the game. I get frustrated too and for the first time thought seriously of not renewing. But that's not my way and I can see reasons why things are as they are. Some of your points re player retention and depth may be on the mark. Still class players don't seem to want to come to Perth - the system does little to help either.

Player
    vCash
    You say how it is. I watched the brumbies vs Tahs game and it was light years ahead of the force vs reds game which was rubbish.

Foley is like Graham, so far out of his depth.

But what can you expected, we went and hired a coach who was sacked from the Tahs because he couldn't get a squad like that with all their talent playing well. Really shows the boards inhibitions.

The Brumbies are going to bring the Force crashing down on Friday.

I can fault the effort of the players out there, it's obvious they give there all for the jersey, we are just terribly coached.

So this is what it has come to being a WF supporter.... accepting sub mediocrity and spinning it up seeking the merest glimpse of a positive. Yes we won... against a team that should not be playing in the Southern Wheatbelt B grade comp.. if it existed.

What a marvel it is to watch our Uber coach unleash the team "focusing on upping the tempo of its play". If that was uptempo them a highland bagpipe dirge must be disco. Yet again the hype in no way matches the reality and I for one and so fed up of listening to another coach blah blah his way though a press conference and destroy a group of players with his lack of insight and leadership skill.

we have spent money on start players and what has been delivered - Alby - too slow and ponderous, Tapaui - invisible, Grant - not even used, Mafi - predictable, Morahan - who? The only two players that can hold their heads up are DHP and Masirewa, who was hooked by our great tactician after being the only lad who looked like making a break.

The scrum was appaling... again... Millar, for the second week running, prefers to flop to the floor as opposed to scrummage. Last week, the ref allowed the scrum to continue after Millar was chewing the cud as the ball was at the back of the opposition scrum. This week he managed to give away 6 penalties after hinging like some well oiled trap door. And this is the chap that Foley described as a future Wallaby. Bleeding heck, even the 3 yr Old Ainsley managed to stay on his feet... I have read one comment feeling sorry for him coming up against a very experienced front row.... HELLO - this is Super Rugby.. that front row, whilst good, is old and frankly not world class - Lord help us when we face a real team.

Now its not all his fault... the rest of the pack was substandard this week with the all singing and dancing savior of the club, world rugby player of the year and next president of the UN, Coleman, plodding along and trying to bully his way though a frighteningly appalling defensive line with little impact. Charles, as usual led with his head and was poor at the lineout and the usually reliable back row did not have the impact that they usually have.

I know that this seems like a rant.. it is.. but I cannot get over how far expectations have fallen for any of us to be content to accept this standard of tripe dished up as a 5 course degustation by a supposedly 3 Michelin Star chef.... its not even comparable to McDonalds and now is the time for a change. Foley and his team must go - enough already. There are no more excuses.

vCash
    Sounds Like and Rant and Is a rant
    So there Shasta!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast