Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Force vs Rebels

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Just knocked up a quick and dirty team list page. Some info may be slightly outdated as it's pulled together based on info in the Player Profiles ..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Player
    vCash
    The Western Force enter 2016 with a sense of renewed optimism following their disastrous 10th Anniversary season which provided the Sea of Blue with as much to celebrate as a diagnosis of haemorrhoids. 2015 truly was our ‘Annus Horriblis’.

After an offseason of much soul searching and honest introspection, the team took responsibility for failing to fire, and resolved to ditch the grind out style and aimless kicking so much a part in recent years. Force fans hadn’t seen as many balls go down on a field since Tom Brady and ‘deflategate’!

A shake up of the roster has seen the departure of some notables including Sias Ebersohn, the maligned poster boy for the woes of the kicking game, tall timber Sam Wykes and Wilhelm Steenkamp as well as cult hero Nick “Honey Badger” Cummins whose return from a stint in Japan with the Red Sparks provided less fire than a Samsung washing machine.

A swathe of ‘old’ new talent has been brought in to help re-energize the game plan. Like the Canadian Mounties the Force finally got their man with Peter Grant lured to Perthfontein to fulfil a role as both mentor and a playing 10. He will share time at the position with Jono Lance, Super Rugby’s human pinball, having bounced out of the Reds and Warratahs, but finally gets a chance to shine with the Force. His preseason form has stirred optimism and he could be “the man” to fire this attack.

Reasons for Optimism
    It starts and ends with Matt Hodgson. The physical and spiritual leader, his presence infiltrates all aspects of the Force culture and fuels the team that extra 10%.kind of like the early years of Firepower! His motor shows no signs of slowing at this point.

Adam Coleman, the man mountain’s stocks are on the rise shown by his inclusion in the Wallabies WC training squad. He is injury free, niggle free and ready to lock down the Force lineout. Look for him to throw his weight around this year.

Steve Mafi – for many fans the standout player for 2015. Able to play lock or flanker he showed the subtly of a Tongan ballerina with his hard running, pivoting through opponents rather than around them. His right arm will be ‘en pointe’ in 2016 delivering the ‘don’t argue’.

Dane Haylett Petty – safe under the high ball, with a big boot and a flair for the counter attack. He can get the team downtown, on time, faster than FedEx. He showed flashes of true class in 2015 and will look to add consistency this year.

Semisi Masiwera – exciting new Fijian signing who has shown flash in the NPC with his speed and an ability to beat defenders. He’ll prove harder to take down than George Pell.

Ben McCalman – the big dog is the meat and potatoes of the team. Need a couple of tough metres, he’ll get it for you. He’s on a slow roast for a return against the Brumbies in Round 3.

Kyle Godwin back in his preferred position at 12 where he showed promise in his early years. Has the vision and running game to open up the attack and with new signing Ben Tapuai could form a devastating centre combination.

Also keep an eye on speedy winger Luke Morahan as he could benefit the most from the Force’s new throw it around philosophy. With Lance, Godwin and Taps opening things up, Mozza could be streaking down the sideline more often than Zac Guilford after a bender in a Rarotonga bar (the old Zac that is).

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Moono74; 26-02-16 at 14:31.

Champion
    vCash
    So hoping for a win... I don't want to read/watch all the negative crap that will start should they lose week one. Go the Force.

Player
    vCash
    Game Day woooohoooo! Looks like a scorcher but the beers will be cold. Tahs v Red on before as well, what a Saturday!

vCash
    Pretty classy locking pairing, they could really be something great.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Game Day woooohoooo! Looks like a scorcher but the beers will be cold. Tahs v Red on before as well, what a Saturday!
    In theory the beers will be cold you mean?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    In theory the beers will be cold you mean?
    My beers have been cold so far this arvo.

vCash
    In transit with the rug rats in blue. Looking forwards to an A game and some positive momentum to start the season. Plenty of talk. Talk is cheap. At least we have some backs that can catch and a pack that doesn't have Wykes in it. Hope springs eternal. Hoping not to be travelling home with a just saw the Force look on my face. Time to deliver after 10 years of shite. Lets get it on

The Baby Faced Assasin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    In transit with the rug rats in blue.
    Good stuff. Hopefully we'll make the semis before those rugrats can drive back down Forest Highway with the ol man full of piss in the back. Dead set.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Good stuff. Hopefully we'll make the semis before those rugrats can drive back down Forest Highway with the ol man full of piss in the back. Dead set.
    I think the kids of today say LOL
    That'll do me

The Baby Faced Assasin

vCash
    Watching on my very poor satellite feed in london on a grey and gloomy day.
    Perth looks pretty good on telly.

Come on the Force!

vCash
    Good try Force.
    Come on now!
    Lance and Haylett-Petty playing well.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Can someone please whack me over the ears when the new game plan comes out!

vCash
    I like how they are trying to keep the ball alive.

I don't like their decision-making when trying to keep the ball alive.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Fast tempo, so far, means getting turned over lots. But worth keeping on with.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast