Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Force Beat Dragons By Eight Points

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Force Beat Dragons By Eight Points

I was there today to watch the Force take on and defeat by 8 points a put together Dragons outfit which boasted amongst its members four Palmyra players, none of which played above second grade level last season.

I was left with a lasting impression.

The Force appear headed for a season we won't forget.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well that can be taken one of two ways... what was your lasting impression of the second half, fulvio?

vCash
    I believe the Force to be a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, as Winston Churchill might have said had he watched them play.

vCash
    The Hurricanes must be in deep shit then. If trail form is relevant.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I think sometimes you end up playing to the level of your opposition. This is the second year we have played these guys and I wonder how much benefit the team gets from playing a mediocre team. I would rather they had played two hard games against Super rugby teams to prepare them for the first round.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I believe the Force to be a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, as Winston Churchill might have said had he watched them play.
    Sorry Fulvio, but since I've never seen you write anything positive about the Force i think your quoting of Winston Churchill is facetious.

Regarding the game, in the second half did anyone pay attention to the numbers on the jerseys? In the first half The force put a fist XV on and controlled the game. Second half it was the 20+ jerseys and they were trying different things. In fact if you heard the difference in chatter between the half's indicates a level of familiarity in the first half, not so much in the second.

But of course the Force cant win without people saying its negative. If you take the time to speak to Foley and the team, you'll find they can see a lot more of the areas to focus on then us.

Personally with Lance at 10 and louwrens at 9 it will be a great year to watch the force.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    In all the pages of dross that have appeared on this site over the ten years or so that I have been a contributor, there is not even one post, DazloT, in which I have commented on or been critical of the Force players, their coach, their game plan, their methods, or their support staff.

Please forgive me if I don't gush over every game, or tribally worship every player like a love struck teenager.
    I have always kept my own counsel about the Force, and unlike some, have never descended into vituperation and abuse at or over every and any coach who has failed to deliver, or every and any player who has moved on.

My post above is factual in every respect. You are entitled to your own opinion and interpretation, just as I am, but not to your own facts, whether they be about the game, or about me. To invite introspection of the team's performance is not treason, as much as some posters may take it that way.

My views of the administration of the code in this state, something of which I have a little knowledge and experience, are another matter.

I was unaware however that a prerequisite of being able to comment here was to surrender any right to call a spade a spade, and to hold up to scrutiny, and yes, ridicule, some administrative decisions which have been harmful and contemptuous of the game and of those who continue to contribute to it at grass root levels.

Regrettably, I can't promise to be mindful or circumspect of your sensitivities on those issues in the future.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    If you look at the total canes squad it would be a third string side that played the force
    Take the long season ahead the canes would be planning well ahead and would be feeling a lot more confident than the force would be who haven't ever been out of the shit
    The problem with critique from force supporters is they can only look for negatives to create a positive outcome
    If you have followed the canes from the start they have been a team that has missed a lot of opportunities but have always entertained never had any excuses and always supported local talent
    I wait for your negative comment to create a positive for yourself and fellow supporters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    I wait for your negative comment to create a positive for yourself and fellow supporters

Thanks for the lecture wise one. I hope you're in a comfy chair.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    RUGBY RUGBY RUGBY RUGBY!!!

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    If you look at the total canes squad it would be a third string side that played the force
    That is optimistic for the Hurricanes at best. 7 of the forwards that started against the Force also started against the Blues. The Canes really only have Dane Coles and Ardie Savea to look forward to returning after Vito came back. We were missing Hodgson, McCalman and Faulkner. I think Broadhurst is injured. Ben May might have made a better starter but otherwise the Canes forwards were close to full strength. Second string backs though.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    You're on a hiding to nothing playing a team like the Force played yesterday. If they had won by a mile, it would have been a case of the opposition being too easy, and now because it was close they'll be damned for not having put them away by more points. It was only a pre-season friendly to look at combinations and different plays and moves. I thought they played some nice rugby in the first half, but let the opposition into the game. Quite a lot of dropped / spilled ball from the Force though, and they seemed to give a lot of penalties away in the second half as well.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Once the Sunwolves are settled it would be great to play them in a few pre-seasons. I know they'll already play a few in Singapore but that might make a good middle territory. Or Hong Kong? Flight time is the same as NZ but with fewer time zones.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The first problem with that post is suggesting that trial form might, in some way, be relevant.

Following on from my worried post last week about an easy win over the 'Canes introducing complacency, there's two ways to react to the game against the dragons.
    1 Thank god they had a close scoreline to snap them out of their reverie
    2 that's getting closer to what we expect, struggling to manage a club team.

Personally, I'm optimistic enough to go with number 1, since the Force have always had brain problems of this type, hopefully I'm right and they start the season with a good game against the rebels.

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    I thought Adam Coleman(apart from 1 kick off take) had a quite dynamic first quarter. If he can convert that form to super matches for 80 minutes each week, I think we have a star in the making.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast