Thread: Android TV Box

vCash

Android TV Box

If I get an Android TV box, connect up to Google TV and ditch Foxtel, will I still be able to watch the rugby on FoxSports2 via Google TV??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    All I've seen is that you can download the Foxtel GO app to your Andoid TV box, which you would require a subscription to Foxtel to operate.

So I would guess no, but I assume there are others nerdier types out there who are more familiar with the technology.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    when I first came behind enemy lines I didn't have fox, and streamed all the games (and a bunch of other sport). So if you ditch fox that could be an option - especially if you have a smart tv and can access the Internet directly from it

vCash
    Thanks guys :-)

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    All I've seen is that you can download the Foxtel GO app to your Andoid TV box, which you would require a subscription to Foxtel to operate.
    That is because Fox basically owns Super Rugby. But on-line rights are a big threat to Murdoch don't worry. Optus has taken the EPL off them. The NRL forced them to eat a bit of humble pie and come running back to the negotiating table after Murdoch's recent bravado. Even his "preferred sport", AFL, will be weighing their options before too many more years go by. The Foxsports cupboard will look pretty bare if the main attraction left is Super Rugby, let's be honest.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    There are 999 different ways to watch Super Rugby, Only one of them is legal, with a subscription from Foxtel.

Other options are of very poor quality - tiny resolution and awful sound quality.

If you wish to look at those option - I am happy to point you in that direction

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That is because Fox basically owns Super Rugby. But on-line rights are a big threat to Murdoch don't worry. Optus has taken the EPL off them. The NRL forced them to eat a bit of humble pie and come running back to the negotiating table after Murdoch's recent bravado. Even his "preferred sport", AFL, will be weighing their options before too many more years go by. The Foxsports cupboard will look pretty bare if the main attraction left is Super Rugby, let's be honest.
    Agree 100% even if I think the NRL rushed the Pay TV componant of the deal in the end.

With alot of people already flocking to streaming options such as Netflix and Stan and leaving Foxtel in their droves Foxtel will be forced to pay overs if they want to keep content for their sports packages.

I don't think the A-League and Super Rugby will be enough to keep people subscribed to Fox if the NRL and the AFL went elsewhere or started producing their own content as was mooted a year or so back.