Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Cortana isn't available in aus at the moment.
    Am happy for it to stay that way because it's a massive data mining scheme anyway.
    Cortana came with the last update I installed about a month back - I'm not using, sure everyone is watching everything you do, but Cortana is just so blatant about it ...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Cortana came with the last update I installed about a month back - I'm not using, sure everyone is watching everything you do, but Cortana is just so blatant about it ...
    Cortana is not supported - yet, but it is ready to kick in when ever you hit the search for/search windows space. I've turned it off as an option when searching online - as it pretty much says its going to provide information to that meddling trio: Poindexter, the Master Cylinder, and Commodore Schmidlapp. Yep - the same guys who found the WMDs in Iraq

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Yeah this is my thinking as well.
    They're going to get my data anyway. But at least I can think I'm making them work for it.

Coincidentally this is my issue with android as well. The super rugby app wants permission to access my photos and microphone for an update.
    - I'm sorry but what the fuck does an app I read rugby news & follow games I'm not watching want with my photos and microphone!?!?!?
    (God I miss my iPad!!! But it's easier to upload books & movies on the 10.1)

But I digress... Back on topic; if you haven't, you should Upgrade to Windows 10. Because
    A) it's better than 7 and fixes the absolute clusterf**k that was 8.
    B) it's (currently) free
    C) you can restore back to your current one if you don't like it.

Jedi - possibly use a libraries WIFI? or work's? Another option might be to bump your cap up for the month if that's the only way you can download it? So you don't get smashed in excess usage fees & just cop a higher bill for one month. Because the 3G+ estimate would be the bare bones; and then there is all the updates to add on after you have the initial release running. I *think* it'd be closer to 10, could be more, I didn't take notice.
    I'd say bring your laptop here. But it's a bit of a commute to use up some of my cap. (I'm still trying to hit my 1TB limit in a month. New Xbox one & Xbox game updates are giving it a workout so far this month!)

Last edited by jono; 04-01-16 at 23:40.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Unlike google, chrome, android, Facebook, twitter and just about everything else we use.....
    Apple, Facebook and Twitter have an opt out for a lot more data mining than anything Google does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Unlike google, chrome, android, Facebook, twitter and just about everything else we use.....
    You got that right Gigs. There's no doubt that MS is nowhere near as bad as Google. I wonder why you all don't get Cortana? Maybe she doesn't understand your accent yet.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Larry,I see that John Mitchell is the new coach of The US team
    dear me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Larry,I see that John Mitchell is the new coach of The US team dear me
    Wow..I did not see that. Maybe coach will let me have his old avatar! Here's one response to the announcement from Ruby USA site This is a backwards step for USA rugby. Awful decision, there are good reasons why Mitchell was removed from previous coaching jobs (All Blacks, Western Force springs to mind) and why South Africa didn't want him back coaching their teams in Super 15. Good luck to the Eagles, you will need it with Mitchell at the helm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Wow..I did not see that. Maybe coach will let me have his old avatar! Here's one response to the announcement from Ruby USA site This is a backwards step for USA rugby. Awful decision, there are good reasons why Mitchell was removed from previous coaching jobs (All Blacks, Western Force springs to mind) and why South Africa didn't want him back coaching their teams in Super 15. Good luck to the Eagles, you will need it with Mitchell at the helm.
    backwards in rugby, stock market and gun freedom?

shit you guys have had a tough week so far :/

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Cortana is not supported - yet, but it is ready to kick in when ever you hit the search for/search windows space. I've turned it off as an option when searching online - as it pretty much says its going to provide information to that meddling trio: Poindexter, the Master Cylinder, and Commodore Schmidlapp. Yep - the same guys who found the WMDs in Iraq

Definitely have it on my PC, can talk to it or type in stuff and she does my bidding

Windows 1511 build 10586.3
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I'm not sure it's all that bad; from what I recall Mitchell did a pretty good job here of identifying talented youngsters and bringing them through (Pocock and JO'C spring to mind), and we weren't that bad in 2007 - 2009 (won 19, drew 2, lost 18); definitely mid-table.

What I don't think Mitchell is good at is managing players with egos as he can't take not being the top dog (he seemed to get on with Giteau for a while, but possibly because Giteau was the undisputed star in our backs); therefore he couldn't manage a Super Rugby team or major international side, but a minor international side could benefit from his guidance for a while.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'm not sure it's all that bad; from what I recall Mitchell did a pretty good job here of identifying talented youngsters and bringing them through (Pocock and JO'C spring to mind),
    What he was very good at was identifying young back row forwards with the same mongrel Mitchell displayed in his playing days. As well as Bam, he developed McCalman, Brown, Hodgson & Co. We haven't played finals yet but have consistently been the Australian benchmark in that department since. Makes you wonder how Fardy slipped the net.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Makes you wonder how Fardy slipped the net.
    somebody thought Fards was a lock

C'mon the

vCash
    Anyhoo, back to topic. This thread jogged the memory enough to think;"hang on I don"t think W7 has had an update for a while?" Shock horror - 9th Sep 2015

Set for "Notify but let me decide which to install". Asked it to check. Did that for about an hour with no result and gave up. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    smash it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Anyhoo, back to topic. This thread jogged the memory enough to think;"hang on I don"t think W7 has had an update for a while?" Shock horror - 9th Sep 2015

Set for "Notify but let me decide which to install". Asked it to check. Did that for about an hour with no result and gave up. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Upgrade to windows 8?

C'mon the

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast