Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FIVE IN ONE

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

FIVE IN ONE

I looked at the RugbyWA site today for the first time in months.

Apparently there is now a Five Year Plan in place ("the Plan")'

From what I can make out the Plan consists of doing nothing, except repeat last season's format for the next 12 months, relegating the non Premier clubs to their own special completion, where presumably it is the intention they will wither and die and nobody will notice, appoint a couple of development officers with no particular purpose in mind other than to spend the extra financial largess being extended by the ARU, and oh yes, to make a dramatic and inspiring difference by increasing the age of colts from under 19's to under 20's, a superb initiative which takes the competition back to where it was a few years ago, before the last brilliant initiative of reducing the Colts age from under 20's to under 19's.

I read and reread the RugbyWA missive, hoping to learn of the proposals for the next four years (you, know a five year plan is a plan or proposal for five years, not just 12 months) but alas, nothing.

True, there was some eloquent, if uninformative, bombast and aggrandising praise for the unspecified purpose and eventual achievement of the grand plan from the worthy Mr. Sinderberry, but other than that, I remained no better informed, and certainly none the wiser, of what the detail, purpose or aim of the plan is, or indeed if there exists any such detail, purpose or aim.

Given the depth of insight, insider knowledge and general omniscience of many of the contributors here, maybe someone can enlighten me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Don't be silly Fulvio!
    People don't come to this site to be informed or enlightened.
    They come here to kick RugbyWA as much as possible while lamenting the fact that they are trying to do something.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep, that answers all the questions and shuts me up for sure.

vCash
    I don't have answers for you Fulvio.
    I play no part in rugby in WA other than being a supporter of the Force.
    I have don't have any insider information, don't' have any rumours, don't have any gossip, don't have any facts and don't care.
    Shut up or don't! I really don't care.
    My comment wasn't directed at you alone but at the majority of people who post on this website with nothing but vitriol at RugbyWA, without anything positive to say or solutions to be offered.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Does that post mean sides with a 5th grade should be prepared for it to wander around separate to their other sides?

vCash
    I had a look at the RugbyWA website and it's a 5 year plan with no detail past 2016 and will be reconsidered at the end of 2016. Sounds like a one year plan and then they'll make the rest up later.

Have they locked away a finals format for 3rd grade and below or will they make that up midway through next season as well?

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    To try and be fair, the article doesn't present the five year plan. It simply outlines that the competition structure for 2016 is part of the five year plan.
    Knowing what the five year plan is would be helpful though. Having the plan as a part of the website would be a good move. It would allow for some public "buy in" and would also lead to being more accountable to the public.
    I have come to the conclusion that some of the poor decisions that have been made in the past are because there has been no clear direction for the code. We know what we want but are not sure how to get there. That and a bit of Cinderella Syndrome.

vCash
    I too was amazed at myopic plan ... it appears to be a statement of intent to all that RWA have decided that's that for now and we'll deal with the rest later - like the security of an ageing player on a rolling one year contract.

Some issues need resolving in their plan that will remain with the incumbent structure, primarily the club revenue from home games still not able to be maximised. Competitiveness in the leagues outside of the golden corridor clubs - notwithstanding the credit to JB in their first season.

With aspirational clubs striving to promote their worth with objectives like playing prem rugby in N years ... the RWA structure simply ignores the fact that some are serious. The premiership is 10 clubs strong with senior numbers and skill sets dwindling from my view of some games last season, so why not cut it to 8 now and bolster the championship, making it more competitive and low and behold there's a structure for promotion/ relegation.

We need to promote competitiveness, promote the fact that the national team just played in a RWC Final and inspire players to stay in the game with targets, performance levels and god forbid a battle for promotion.

Make the U20's ... there's no national U19s anyway !!!! a Friday night under lights game or even Sundays ... just make it a comp to accommodate players whatever becomes necessary to make it a competition for youngsters

Add a knockout cup for clubs like the old previous cup, add silverware to reinforce some kind of competitiveness ...

This is what we need to see in a 5 year plan ... not the same actions that will inevitable give the same results! An Einstein reference.

If RWA want to invite me to share ideas and planning, here I am. Trying to give solutions, not knock any clubs.

But I'm going to show up in Floreat - lets go to a clubhouse to discuss it.

BTW ... best lunch last season was the roast beef n gravy roll at Bayswater.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    I don't have answers for you Fulvio.
    I play no part in rugby in WA other than being a supporter of the Force.
    I have don't have any insider information, don't' have any rumours, don't have any gossip, don't have any facts and don't care.
    Shut up or don't! I really don't care.
    My comment wasn't directed at you alone but at the majority of people who post on this website with nothing but vitriol at RugbyWA, without anything positive to say or solutions to be offered.
    Yes Sevenmile is back my fellow trolls
    I will soon be uptodate with all local news after spending the last 6 weeks enjoying a rugby feast
    This will not take long as this group would have done nothing of any credence in my absence
    What's the new community rugby officer up to ?......

Now Mr Dog without community rugby you would have no force to support so maybe you should care and take note of the dissolution amongst a majority of those posting and knocking this group of under achievers

Rookie
    vCash
    So with under 19s potentially being raised to under 20s - will there be a return to under 16s and under 18s? ( in 2015 under 16s and 17s were combined and then went up to under 19s) - it seems a large age gap to go from under 17s to under 20s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Now Mr Dog without community rugby you would have no force to support so maybe you should care and take note of the dissolution amongst a majority of those posting and knocking this group of under achievers
    Way to ignore every other post in the thread to rag out on Dog for criticizing you (and others) for posting vitriol without solutions.

In the same breath you post vitriol and no solutions.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Knowing what the five year plan is would be helpful though. Having the plan as a part of the website would be a good move. It would allow for some public "buy in" and would also lead to being more accountable to the public.
    Agreed.

It sets benchmarks for RugbyWA to meet as far as stakeholders are concerend and lets face it how hard is it for RugbyWA to attach PDF of the plan to the article.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Not hard to do, just takes some guts to do it.

Do the people who have put up their hands to lead the game, live by the qualities that the game wishes to be known for? courage, honesty, fair play, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    To try and be fair, the article doesn't present the five year plan. It simply outlines that the competition structure for 2016 is part of the five year plan.
    Knowing what the five year plan is would be helpful though.
    That is the 5 year plan- if it works in year one, do it for the next 4. That's marketin that is, thats a bisness plan right there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohepa View Post
    So with under 19s potentially being raised to under 20s - will there be a return to under 16s and under 18s? ( in 2015 under 16s and 17s were combined and then went up to under 19s) - it seems a large age gap to go from under 17s to under 20s
    Hides the massive player loss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast