Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Australia vs Scotland - RWC Quarter Final

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Let the Scots whine and bitch. Who cares. We won they didn't.
    We scored 5 tries. They got a load of lucky penalties and their farking blind side flanker relaxed his bind and played like a 4th front rower all night boring in on Sio. Good luck next tournament you dribblers. There is no place in professional sport for sympathy. I give them none. Phone someone who cares...we are playing Argentina
    GOLD REX ABSOLUTE GOLD

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    A remarkable post that's wrong in just four respects:

1) The linesman said it was a goal, he didn't rule it out.
    2) Therefore, if technology had confirmed that the ball had crossed the line, it would prove the linesman was correct.
    3) The way you've written it, it was a goal scored by West Germany but not given. In fact it was a goal by England. Look at the shield on the chest of the goalkeeper - the West German Eagle, not the English Three Lions.
    4) The disputed goal was not, as some people think, an equaliser for England, late in the game. England went 2-1 up and Germany scored the late equaliser (not without some dispute itself). The disputed goal put England 3-2 up, and they scored a second in extra time anyway to win 4-2.
    so just like Joubert, the TMO, World Rugger, Gavin Hastings and Greig Laidlaw

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    How quickly we forget

The France coach, Marc Lièvremont, refused to blame the referee, Craig Joubert, for the one-point defeat by the All Blacks, just as his opposite number, Graham Henry, declined to finger Wayne Barnes for his team's elimination at the hands of Les Bleus in the 2007 quarter-final.

The France captain, Thierry Dusautoir, queried a number of decisions with Joubert and was particularly incensed when, after play had been allowed to continue for nearly two minutes while the fly-half Morgan Parra was receiving treatment for a head injury, Joubert called a halt while Aaron Cruden received lengthy treatment after twisting a knee.

Lièvremont said he had made a pact with himself after meeting Joubert two days before the game that, no matter what happened, he would not criticise the referee or make accusations against him in defeat.

The France scrum-half, Dimitri Yachvili, had no such qualms. "The referee was under a lot of pressure," he said. "He did not want us to win. That said, I think New Zealand deserved their win because they are the best team in the world. They have shown that throughout the tournament."

Dusautoir was questioning Joubert from the opening minutes when France were penalised at a scrum even though the All Blacks prop Owen Franks had dropped to his knees, and when Richie McCaw forced a vital turnover four minutes from time, the France captain turned to the touch judge Nigel Owens insisting that the New Zealand captain had been offside.

"I am very disappointed with the result but I do not feel like criticising the referee," said Dusautoir. "He is one of the best in the world and we did not do enough to get the vital penalty we needed at the end."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...referee-france

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Yeah I've got no idea why World Rugby would push Joubert under the bus to appease a minnow of Rugby.

vCash
    because world rugby is based in Dublin?
    they want to keep the neighbours happy.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9