Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Australia vs Scotland - RWC Quarter Final

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Who would be a ref??? and who would be a coach..???
    Indeed........or a supporter for that matter...!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Scotland could have backed themselves a little more and taken a kick to the corner for at attempt at 7 points instead of playing english jonny wilkinson rugby.

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Well hopefully this performance means that Scotland is starting to 'punch upwards' instead of 'downwards', which could only be a good thing for the game moving forward!
    Let's not forget about Scotland's new policy of searching the Super Rugby ranks for anyone with any possible links to Scotland. That has certainly lifted them up a notch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Let's not forget about Scotland's new policy of searching the Super Rugby ranks for anyone with any possible links to Scotland. That has certainly lifted them up a notch.
    Pity one of them got carded in one of the most diabolical decisions of the tournament so far. I rarely comment on referee decisions but Joubert's surender of authority in that one was pathetic.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I don't think you can aim this one purely at Scotland though. There are a lot of other countries that have included "foreigners" in their team, and they're benefiting from it - just look at Japan. It's good to see the gap closing between the underdogs and super-powers of rugby....!

In my opinion, rugby is as much a business as a sport nowadays, and countries ruling bodies are measured on success and increasing player numbers across the board, as well as other things. Countries like Scotland need to look for ways of generating success on the field given that they don't have the playing numbers, or in the case of other countries the rugby heritage.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I feel for the Scots but if we had a kicker we would have been another 6 pts in front!
    Interesting that when the chips were down Cheika didn't send Cooper on to save the day!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I feel for the Scots but if we had a kicker we would have been another 6 pts in front!
    Interesting that when the chips were down Cheika didn't send Cooper on to save the day!
    True, but it must be good for Foley's confidence that he nailed the one that mattered. And I don't think the situation was ever desperate enough to need Cooper on the pitch, was it...??

vCash
    Scotland were unlucky, but we can take a lot of confidence going into the 6 Nations. COME ON

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scozzie View Post
    True, but it must be good for Foley's confidence that he nailed the one that mattered. And I don't think the situation was ever desperate enough to need Cooper on the pitch, was it...??
    No. Simmons and Slipper was enough...

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Who would be a ref??? and who would be a coach..???
    oooh - oooh - over here (waves hands over his head)- I'll do it! I'll do the NZ v RSA semi to warm up for the final if you like. Only I don't expect to be eligible to ref the final, dammit!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scozzie View Post
    I don't think you can aim this one purely at Scotland though. There are a lot of other countries that have included "foreigners" in their team, and they're benefiting from it - just look at Japan. It's good to see the gap closing between the underdogs and super-powers of rugby....!

In my opinion, rugby is as much a business as a sport nowadays, and countries ruling bodies are measured on success and increasing player numbers across the board, as well as other things. Countries like Scotland need to look for ways of generating success on the field given that they don't have the playing numbers, or in the case of other countries the rugby heritage.
    As mentioned before only the Argentinian team are all born in Argentina for RWC 2015.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    They deserve it Scozzie, they played well!

Apart from the dodgy yellow card
    I can't get this one - it was pretty much overlap - there was no attempt at an interception - it was cynical, negative, and I gave him a very big boo - Joubert gave him a yellow - what's wrong wi' that. Pisses me off more is that two tip tacklers got away with it, and the only explanation I got was - "it's a World Cup QFinal, Australia will beat them anyway".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I think he went to the well once too often there, never again. Anyway it's good to see Beale, Cooper, Mitchell pulling their heads in at last. Mitchell has been pretty good, Beale and Cooper OK, no odd aberrations - wonder why?

vCash
    I get the second half of that one Ralto, but the first half? His palm was up, his hand moved up and he went for the ball pretty much immediately after touching it.

Sure he was going for the million to one intercept knowing that it would be a knock on if he didn't catch it, but he didnt deliberately knock it down IMHO.

I wouldn't complain about the penalty, but to card him over it I think it would have to be pretty obvious and that one was debatable at best.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Scotland could have backed themselves a little more and taken a kick to the corner for at attempt at 7 points instead of playing english jonny wilkinson rugby.
    Nailed it, if Scotland and especially Wales had made decisions to run a little more who knows what might have been. Wales' kicking at times was absolutely bloody irritating, especially that guy doing the Johnny Parkinson at every penalty.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast