Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Wallabies star Michael Hooper cited over ‘no arm’ clean out against England

  1. #16
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,259
    vCash
    5458000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Mike Brown has big sooky lala on twitter about Hooper here

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    “I stopped waiting for the light at the end of tunnel and lit that bitch up myself!”

  2. #17
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,333
    vCash
    2474000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    In one way, if Hooper had been carded it would have been the high point of the competition, (if not life), for Brown. In an era where the fly-half has taken the kicking duties, English fullbacks have excelled in grasping at thin air, and performing "free-form installations", representing speed bumps. Brown has done less, at last check he hadn't followed most of his predecessors, and qualified as a doctor. Unfortunately for Hooper, Brown happened to be "fannying"about at the breakdown, and Hooper took exception. As a result Brown has a chance of overtaking Dusty Hare, and Jonathon Webb as Englands "hardest" fullback.
    Yes, but if Hooper had lead with his arms, rather than his shoulders it wouldn't even be a penalty. Mike Brown would then be whingeing about nothing, rather than whingeing with some semblance of substance.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  3. #18
    Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Brabham
    Posts
    224
    vCash
    5000000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    As I recall it was another bullshit citing designed specifically to appease a media response to a fairly innocuous act which was no more than a penalty offence.
    Agree 100%, still can't believe it is a suspension.

    We will see if this is applied consistently across the rest of the world cup.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #19
    Veteran chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chinatown, Roe St
    Posts
    2,660
    vCash
    5342000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    In one way, if Hooper had been carded it would have been the high point of the competition, (if not life), for Brown. In an era where the fly-half has taken the kicking duties, English fullbacks have excelled in grasping at thin air, and performing "free-form installations", representing speed bumps. Brown has done less, at last check he hadn't followed most of his predecessors, and qualified as a doctor. Unfortunately for Hooper, Brown happened to be "fannying"about at the breakdown, and Hooper took exception. As a result Brown has a chance of overtaking Dusty Hare, and Jonathon Webb as Englands "hardest" fullback.
    You win the internets with that comment, Ralto! Jon Callard and his stitched-up face salute you!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

    Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

  5. #20
    Veteran Contributor hertryk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    4,881
    vCash
    5000000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    Agree 100%, still can't believe it is a suspension.

    We will see if this is applied consistently across the rest of the world cup.
    Jannie du Plessis was yellow carded for same offence, and no hearing.. have I missed something?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #21
    Veteran Contributor JediKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Perth (West Leederville)
    Posts
    4,708
    vCash
    5014000
    Dry July! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Jannie du Plessis was yellow carded for same offence, and no hearing.. have I missed something?
    In this case the giving of the yellow card would be deemed to have dealt with the offence. Hooper wasn't therefore dealt with on the pitch.

    Later on, Farrell was carded for taking out Giteau (without the ball & with minimal arm use) at the same time as Burgess tried to rip Hooper's head off. There's been some comment about Burgess being due a card for that offence and he most probably would have been had Farrell not got in there first!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #22
    Veteran beige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,515
    vCash
    5000000
    Not the only suspension people are unhappy with - Tuilagi out for 5 weeks: http://www.rugbydump.com/2015/10/465...panese-tackler

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #23
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,333
    vCash
    2474000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Not the only suspension people are unhappy with - Tuilagi out for 5 weeks: http://www.rugbydump.com/2015/10/465...panese-tackler
    That decision makes the hooper call look sane.

    if Tuilangi gets five weeks for that, what happens to all the fullbacks who deliberately lead with the knees when taking the high ball?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  9. #24
    Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Christmas Island
    Posts
    5,856
    vCash
    5044000
    TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Runner Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Jannie du Plessis was yellow carded for same offence, and no hearing.. have I missed something?
    Jannie is a dickhead but his yellow was pretty soft. He'd been warned about cleanouts but there wasn't much in it. Hoopers cleanout was pretty reckless. On the video it actually looks like Hooper put his hand on Brown's shoulder before leading with his shoulder. He should have seen yellow in the game. In the absence of this one week is fair. He probably got his suspension reduced because Mike Brown is also a dickhead.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

  10. #25
    Veteran beige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,515
    vCash
    5000000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    That decision makes the hooper call look sane.

    if Tuilangi gets five weeks for that, what happens to all the fullbacks who deliberately lead with the knees when taking the high ball?
    Ask Mike Brown!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #26
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,333
    vCash
    2474000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Ask Mike Brown!
    OH MY GOD!!!! I can't imagine the twitter rant that I would be in for if I did!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  12. #27
    Veteran Contributor hertryk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    4,881
    vCash
    5000000
    Off Topic: Not much on the site at the moment..is everyone trying to catch up on sleep in preparation for the weekend game/s

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #28
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,528
    vCash
    5000000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! MO-vember Donator The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    OH MY GOD!!!! I can't imagine the twitter rant that I would be in for if I did!
    Would be worth it! Especially when all the English fans jump on it as well

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #29
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    12,707
    vCash
    5498000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    OH MY GOD!!!! I can't imagine the twitter rant that I would be in for if I did!
    "Twitter Rant"

    Maybe Elf can explain that one for me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  15. #30
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,528
    vCash
    5000000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! MO-vember Donator The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    "Twitter Rant"

    Maybe Elf can explain that one for me.
    Brown basically lost his shit via Twitter and had a massive tantrum 140 characters at a time

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Michael Hooper cited over alleged 'punch'
    By MI5_Dog in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 03-08-15, 08:38
  2. Michael Hooper involved in Incident
    By valzc in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-01-15, 17:34
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-06-14, 08:43
  4. Michael Hooper
    By Alison in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-11-12, 19:17
  5. Michael Hooper
    By NTT in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-08-12, 14:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •