Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brumbies to sign super-boot Nick Jooste to Super Rugby contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I think that Joost has done the best thing for his development. The Force cannot provide the expertise that he requires and the Brumbies have some of the best. He will also get to play against a better standard of player on a regular basis, which he will never get in WA.
    Well, seeing as the Brumbies and Force play against the same teams, the only point of difference is the if he plays for the Brumbies he can play against the Force, but if he plays for the Force he will be reduced to playing against the Brumbies?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Senior Player
    vCash
    I thought that was a club competition comment.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Doesn't that just highlight a assume problem in the force set up where a young players moves because of a lack of quality coaching.

A lack of a real artack/backs coach is a massive blunder for the force which has and will continue to cost us big time.
    Don't reckon, I reckon if he does go to the brumbies, it will be more for direct flyhalf positional tutelage under Larkham.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Don't reckon, I reckon if he does go to the brumbies, it will be more for direct flyhalf positional tutelage under Larkham.
    IO reckon he is going as he is getting to join a super rugby team, and not an academy.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    One hundred percent correct Palitu.The deal he was offered by the Force wouldn't have been enough to pay for a beer and a pie after the match coached by somebody whose name I have no idea.
    Bernie get's on the blower and can stump up a full contract.
    No brainer.
    Good luck to the young man.
    More young guns moving on as well from what I hear.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    One hundred percent correct Palitu.The deal he was offered by the Force wouldn't have been enough to pay for a beer and a pie after the match coached by somebody whose name I have no idea.
    Bernie get's on the blower and can stump up a full contract.
    No brainer.
    Good luck to the young man.
    More young guns moving on as well from what I hear.
    you know what? i actually dont have too much of a problem with that. if we are getting a number of West Aussies into the professional teams. and there will be some that will come back to perth as stars. It is growing the game in perth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    you know what? i actually dont have too much of a problem with that. if we are getting a number of West Aussies into the professional teams. and there will be some that will come back to perth as stars. It is growing the game in perth.
    It is true that it is good to see that local talents are emerging but surely Rugby WA and the Force set up should work harder to keep these talents here as I cant see them coming back as 'Stars' if we keep on going the way that we have in the last 10 years. There is simply no attraction except to shine in a team because a fair amount of the players are below average Super Rugby players.

I have never seen this kid play but from what I saw on youtube of his long range kicking and his size for an 18 year old proper coaching will definitely give him all the right opportunities to become a very good super rugby player and unfortunately from what I hear, we don't seem to have a proper structure in place to motivate him to stay in Perth.

Player
    vCash
    Some interesting view points from Brett McKay at The Roar, in the comments sections.
    http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/10/01...und-7-preview/

vCash
    Even a freezing shit-hole like Canberra has more appeal to a young bloke than staying in Perth - says a lot about the Force in my opinion ...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eel View Post
    Even a freezing shit-hole like Canberra has more appeal to a young bloke than staying in Perth - says a lot about the Force in my opinion ...
    no - a contract...

EDIT - just read that Force probably offered him a contract, but Bernie, Lealafano et al were the bargaining chips. Fair enough too.

vCash
    if our infrastucture is so far behind the other aussie teams after 10 years in the comp that we cant keep our own then the future look promising

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    if our infrastucture is so far behind the other aussie teams after 10 years in the comp that we cant keep our own then the future look promising
    what's the light rail project got to do with this?

vCash
    It's a worry if the local youngsters are starting to chase opportunities over east again like happened during the RG era.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    It's a worry if the local youngsters are starting to chase opportunities over east again like happened during the RG era.
    I know a maybe harping on, but are people honestly surprised or worried that a young 5/8 went to another team as it was coached by one of the best Australia has ever had?

Mole hills people, mole hills.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    You would hope that the Brumbies kept the ARU and the Force in the loop and told them they were approaching the young guy before they did. You would also hope that Foley after realising that the Force can't offer the young guy the same kind of coaching ratified it for the sake of the player's development.
    I wouldn't pay much attention to Brett McKay's ramblings because he has been misinformed from what I hear.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast