Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth Spirit v Melbourne Rising Sat 26th SEP 3.30pm

vCash

Perth Spirit v Melbourne Rising Sat 26th SEP 3.30pm

Round 6 of the NRC kicks off this week for Perth Spirit at 3.30pm this Saturday at McGillivray taking on Melbourne Rising and for the first time in a while the weather is forecast to be fine and sunny and perfect for some running rugby.

Despite all the gloom and doom about Spirits recent results their position on the table is equivalent to this point last year when with results going their way could still make the 4 and as everyone says, anything can happen and did in the finals.

Last year it was Melbourne who was taking all the points at the top of the table leaving the rest to fight it out for places. This year Brisbane City are doing the same with a settled side.

And speaking of settled, who will be in the Spirit side? Who knows? But did you know that in 2014 there was no player started every game for the Spirit? While every other NRC side had at least 1 player start every game with Melbourne Rising having 8 start every game for the year. Didn’t help them too much in the finals though.

Prediction: Spirit to score 60+ points and restrict Rising to 3 trys less and pick up the bonus point and continue the rumble into the finals.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed Sauces View Post
    Round 6 of the NRC kicks off this week for Perth Spirit at 3.30pm this Saturday at McGillivray taking on Melbourne Rising and for the first time in a while the weather is forecast to be fine and sunny and perfect for some running rugby.

Despite all the gloom and doom about Spirits recent results their position on the table is equivalent to this point last year when with results going their way could still make the 4 and as everyone says, anything can happen and did in the finals.

Last year it was Melbourne who was taking all the points at the top of the table leaving the rest to fight it out for places. This year Brisbane City are doing the same with a settled side.

And speaking of settled, who will be in the Spirit side? Who knows? But did you know that in 2014 there was no player started every game for the Spirit? While every other NRC side had at least 1 player start every game with Melbourne Rising having 8 start every game for the year. Didn’t help them too much in the finals though.

Prediction: Spirit to score 60+ points and restrict Rising to 3 trys less and pick up the bonus point and continue the rumble into the finals.
    What you said!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    How good is Brothers Malonga Konelio going!!?? I knew he was good but he's taken his game to another level in the NRC

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    this is what this comp is all about,giving club players exposure to the next level

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ben hur View Post
    How good is Brothers Malonga Konelio going!!?? I knew he was good but he's taken his game to another level in the NRC
    I have to concur, for a guy who was pretty good in prems, he has really upped it in NRC. Bit more creativity either side of him, and things really start to look up. Needs a few pre-season sessions at hog's breath.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    this is what this comp is all about,giving club players exposure to the next level
    The local boys seam to be playing better than the force players!

vCash
    Our strongest team to date has been named for the match:

Cotrell, Rosolea and Faulkner back

Cannot wait to watch from the hill on Saturday arvo

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Rookie
    vCash
    I first saw Konelio playing against the Stars(I think) at home here. I wasn't too sure of what I thought I was seeing was for real. Nobody else mentioned him after the game, so it convinced me that I was seeing things that I wanted. Now that somebody else did notice then I don't feel wrong in praising him.
    I couldn't believe that one of our centres in the first half was beating opposition defenders with a swerve or a step. What happened to running straight and getting smashed? I found it funny when, in the second half he finished a great sweeping move with an "in and away" and scored a try, only then to be immediately dragged. Cheeky showoff. Imagine having talent and the confidence to use it . The hierarchy wasn't standing for that- get orf. As you can see , I too have been impressed by his play.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Don't know if I share your confidence on the size of the victory. To me this looks the match of the round; Spirit by 4 points.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    By David Berrie on Thu 24th September 15 in Perth Spirit, team announcement, Melbourne Rising, NRC, Buildcorp NRC, NRC

The Perth Spirit has been bolstered by the return of Western Force players Angus Cottrell, Solomoni Junior Rasolea and Tetera Faulkner for the Round Six clash with the Melbourne Rising at McGillivray Oval on Saturday.

The Spirit head into the game with confidence after a big bonus point win against Queensland Country in Rockhampton last weekend, which saw the men from the West go over for eight tries.

Wallaby prop Tetera Faulkner comes in and strengthens the front row alongside captain Heath Tessmann and will look to show his experience against a big Rising forward pack.

Ross Haylett-Petty comes back into the fold after missing the Country game and once again pairs up with Cottesloe teammate Adrian Hall.

Vice-captain Angus Cottrell, leads an inform back trow into the match with Kane Koteka and UWA’s Richard Hardwick either side of him at the back of the pack.

Ryan Louwrens slips back into the team, with Ian Prior giving him support off the bench after an outstanding game last week where he broke the Buildcorp National Rugby Championship (NRC) record, scoring 29 points including eight conversions from as many attempts.

Fijian flyer Solomoni Junior Rasolea is back in the 13 jersey, pairing up with Force teammate Kyle Godwin.

Wanneroo’s Byron Hutchinson, will make his run-on debut for the Perth Spirit at fullback after an impressive performance off the bench in Rockhampton last Saturday.

Energetic back rower Al Rovira earns his spot on the bench, the Associates centurion will be eager to get on and replicate his stunning performance from the semi-final against the Rising last season.

Kalamunda winger Faamanatu Apineru is set to make his Buildcorp NRC debut off the bench, after leading the try scoring in this year’s Pindan Premier Grade with 21 tries in 17 matches.

Spirit head coach Tai McIsaac, says it’s very important that they take the momentum from the Queensland Country game into the Rising match.

“We need to go at the Rising with the same attitude and aggression that we did with Queensland,” he said. “The performance we put in in the first half was exceptional and the boys know, that’s what we expect every week.”

“Having Gus, Tet and Junior coming back in is great and they will give us everything they have. We know the Rising has again been one of the front runners this season and is putting up a strong team, but I think we match them pretty well across the park.”

“I’m really looking forward to this match, it should be a great game to watch and with the weather finally in our favour we’re hoping for a big crowd on the hill.”

2015 Buildcorp National Rugby Championship – Week Six

Perth Spirit v Melbourne Rising
    McGillivray Oval, Mt Claremont
    Saturday, 26 September 2015
    Kick-off 3:30pm

1. Chris Heiberg
    Perth Bayswater
    2. Heath Tessmann (C)
    Nedlands
    3. Tetera Faulkner
    Wanneroo
    4. Adrian Hall
    Cottesloe
    5. Ross Haylett-Petty
    Cottesloe
    6. Kane Koteka
    Wests Scarborough
    7 Richard Hardwick
    UWA
    8. Angus Cottrell
    Associates
    9. Ryan Louwrens
    Cottesloe
    10. Luke Burton
    UWA
    11. Brad Lacey
    Wests Scarborough
    12. Kyle Godwin
    Associates
    13. Solomoni Rasolea
    Cottesloe
    14. Maalonga Konelio
    Joondalup
    15. Byron Hutchinson
    Wanneroo
    Reserves

16. Anaru Rangi
    Nedlands
    17. Francois van Wyk
    UWA
    3. Jermaine Ainsley
    Nedlands
    19. Riley Winter
    Wests Scarborough
    20. Alex Rovira
    Associates
    21. Ian Prior
    Nedlands
    22. Faamanatu Apineru
    Kalamunda
    23. Daley Harper
    Kalamunda
    - See more at: http://www.rugbywa.com.au/article/co....yAO8hhKh.dpuf

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Melbourne Rising vs. Perth Spirit, NRC Round Six, Saturday 26th September 2015:

1. Cruze Ah-Nau (Footscray & Rebels, 10 Melbourne Rising caps)

2. Pat Leafa (Box Hill & Rebels, 13 Melbourne Rising caps)

3. Duncan Chubb (Southern Districts (NSW), 4 Melbourne Rising caps)

4. Sam Jeffries (Melbourne Uni & Rebels, 12 Melbourne Rising caps)

5. Luke Jones (Moorabbin & Rebels, 10 Melbourne Rising caps)

6. Jordy Reid (Melbourne Unicorns & Rebels, 4 Melbourne Rising caps)

7. Scott Fuglistaller (Moorabbin & Rebels, 4 Melbourne Rising caps) (Captain)

8. Lopeti Timani (Footscray & Rebels, 10 Melbourne Rising caps)

9. Ben Meehan (Box Hill & Rebels, 7 Melbourne Rising caps)

10. Jack Debreczeni (Endeavour Hills & Rebels, 13 Melbourne Rising caps)

11. Stacey Ili (Melbourne Uni, 3 Melbourne Rising caps)

12. Lloyd Johansson (Harlequin, 13 Melbourne Rising caps)

13. Dom Shipperley (Melbourne Uni & Rebels, 2 Melbourne Rising cap)

14. Tom English (Melbourne Uni & Rebels, 10 Melbourne Rising caps)

15. Jonah Placid (Melbourne Uni & Rebels, 11 Melbourne Rising caps)

16. Mitch Andrews (Melbourne Unicorns, 2 Melbourne Rising caps)

17. Fereti Sa’aga (Melbourne Uni, 6 Melbourne Rising caps)

18. Tom Moloney (Brothers (QLD), 2 Melbourne Rising caps)

19. Steve Cummins (Harlequin & Rebels, 4 Melbourne Rising caps)

20. Colby Fainga’a (Footscray & Rebels, 4 Melbourne Rising caps)

21. Maradona Farao (Harlequin, 3 Melbourne Rising caps)

22. Sione Tuipulotu (Southern Districts, 4 Melbourne Rising caps)

23. Justin Marsters (Harlequin, 2 Melbourne Rising caps)

Senior Player
    vCash
    Decent lineups. This will be the match of the round IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    Decent lineups. This will be the match of the round IMO.
    Went from Sydney to Perth - QF569 tonight, Rising team was on the plane - interesting.

vCash
    I thought there was some rule that limited the number of super rugby contracted players?

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Rays leading Vikings early.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Went from Sydney to Perth - QF569 tonight, Rising team was on the plane - interesting.
    Any insights on this mob?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast