Champion
    vCash

Jono Lance " Bring on Grant and the 10 shirt is mine!"

Very good buy, sounds like he up for a fight and perfect for the team

Playing for the Eagles as well

http://www.cnru.com.au/news-details.php?nid=643

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It would be awesome to have two good 10's competing over the position for a change.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    1 good 10
    That's all I've ever wanted
    Didn't think it was much to ask for
    Then I started following the

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Doesn't bode so well for Burton and Joost though...wonder if we will be able to keep them?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Doesn't bode so well for Burton and Joost though...wonder if we will be able to keep them?
    If you look at it from a conveyor belt design it's a good move.
    Which is what I think the Force and RugbyWA have wanted to -, and only in the last couple of seasons been - able to create.
    A 5-10yr present/future player/depth approach.

vCash
    On the contrary, the reason that Peter Grant is coming to Perth is to mentor the youngsters like Burton and Jooste and bring them up to Super 15 level.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Joost perhaps, but I would imagine Burton will be increasingly looking for game time now.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Joost perhaps, but I would imagine Burton will be increasingly looking for game time now.
    He is still only 22 next year. He needs to be patient. Injuries will come at some point and he will get a chance at 10/12/15.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    He is still only 22 next year. He needs to be patient. Injuries will come at some point and he will get a chance at 10/12/15.
    Burtos 2yrs younger than I thought he was. Never wait for injuries, prove yourself the best.

vCash
    I'm not sure that anybody at force HQ are looking at Jono Lance as a credible first opti N at 10 right now.....he was signed before Peter Grant who is a marquee, and as much a 10 as anybody if Lance was a credible option in the coaches eyes, Grant wouldn't have the job.

Personally, I think Burto is the bench 10, with (if I have my way) a steadily increasing workload throughout Grant's contract until Burto is the first choice and Grant is on the bench. jooste factors in that mix somewhere as the junior, learning the skills of the game and getting his chances in a couple of years. Jono Lance is the utility back/injury cover.

This all hinges on form and injuries with virtually anything being possible from the whole thing going exactly how I described it to all three of grant, burton and Lamce falling over before a minute is played, Jooste turning to water and the force sending out an sos to Some Shite shield journeyman who didn't score a contract at super level.

(You always have to factor something like that in with the Force Flyhalves)

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm not sure that anybody at force HQ are looking at Jono Lance as a credible first opti N at 10 right now.....he was signed before Peter Grant who is a marquee, and as much a 10 as anybody if Lance was a credible option in the coaches eyes, Grant wouldn't have the job.

Personally, I think Burto is the bench 10, with (if I have my way) a steadily increasing workload throughout Grant's contract until Burto is the first choice and Grant is on the bench. jooste factors in that mix somewhere as the junior, learning the skills of the game and getting his chances in a couple of years. Jono Lance is the utility back/injury cover.

This all hinges on form and injuries with virtually anything being possible from the whole thing going exactly how I described it to all three of grant, burton and Lamce falling over before a minute is played, Jooste turning to water and the force sending out an sos to Some Shite shield journeyman who didn't score a contract at super level.

(You always have to factor something like that in with the Force Flyhalves)
    Jooste boot looks like it could win some games, but he looks skinny.

needs some more time on the tins.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    On the contrary, the reason that Peter Grant is coming to Perth is to mentor the youngsters like Burton and Jooste and bring them up to Super 15 level.
    There is no way grant would sign to be a mentor. Promises would have been made and he will have clear first shot at 10..... For better or worse. That's how the force use there marquee look at steenkamp..... Always got playing time when he was the worst lock in the squad and little more then a grafter. They will play the money. Lance is playing well at 10 but it's a massive step up from nrc to super ten. Which he has little experience at

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by forcefan44 View Post
    That's how the force use there marquee look at steenkamp..... Always got playing time when he was the worst lock in the squad and little more then a grafter
    I'm not sure many on here will agree with that. THere is the vocal contingent who award that honour to Sam Wykes, but there is also a number who were calling for Steenkamp to get more game time this year. I would think that contradicts both the "he got time" point AND the "worst lock in the squad" point.

I'm not saying he was a superstar, and I can't say that losing him for Peter Grant is a disaster in my eyes, but we had some pretty poor performances from the locks across the board this year.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Jooste boot looks like it could win some games, but he looks skinny.

needs some more time on the tins.
    Palitu any pics of you at 18 available?
    If Joost is manage properly and WARU get it right itll be great for us but the WARU have been know to FU before!

May the FORCE be with you!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Palitu any pics of you at 18 available?
    If Joost is manage properly and WARU get it right itll be great for us but the WARU have been know to FU before!
    you can have the pics at 30 and i'd still be skinnier than him now... What i mean is that he needs some time to grow into his body before he can be considered as the first or second choice fly half.

Lets get him on the books, so that the Force can manage his development.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast