Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Green and Gold Rugby help

Rookie
    vCash

Green and Gold Rugby help

Hi all.

Let me start by saying that I asked Darren as to whether I could start this thread and he was very supportive.

I am from Green and Gold Rugby and we try to be a really good source for Australian rugby information. One of the areas we've discussed of late is that our WA content has dried up a little. We've had some good contributors over the years, and still do have a few but, as is the case for these type of volunteer endeavors, life gets in the way some time. We are really keen to represent the whole country but it's even reached the stage whereby we don't even have a regular contributor for the Spirit games in the NRC, and that's the only team where we don't have such.

So discussing it with some of the WA Rugby fans on GAGR it was suggested that we should reach out to this community. Basically we are looking for anyone who is interested in writing articles for us on the happenings in WA Rugby. So for the immediate future we'd love someone who could cover the rest of the Spirit games for us (basically just do a match review of their remaining home matches). Obviously we want someone (or a few people perhaps) to cover the Force games next year as well. In the end the opportunity is there for any rugby comment, opinion, analysis etc. If you have an idea or an itch to write something, than we think GAGR is a pretty decent place to get it across.

Basically the content is driven by what the writer is interested in be it schools, sevens, international - whatever. But we know we have a gap in WA Rugby and would love to fix it so that the site can provide a bit more balance to the content we create now.

The ARU and the Super Rugby teams (including the Force) have always been very supportive in providing media accreditation etc, if needed.

Obviously the articles can be posted here too, and if you want to include TWF in your 'author' bio, then go for your life.

Happy to receive any feedback or answer questions below, or if you are interested please just send me a Private Message.

Cheers.

Reg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Congratulations for "reaching out" on this. We seem to be a parochial lot here in WA, but there is no doubt about the passion many people on this site have for the game and WA rugby. Personally I hope you get what you are asking for with quality contribution from some of the more engaged people on this site. Well done, lets hope it works and coverage of rugby becomes more nationally balanced.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I give it a look every now and again. But it's worse than here sometimes

Rookie
    vCash
    Jono, are you referring to the forum or the main page?

The forum is pretty different and not too different to hear (but probably with more parochialism from the different teams). My initial post was more related to the main page and story content, not the forum.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Reg,
    you have to realise that this forum tends to be a tad less PC than GAGR.In fact trolling seems to be the "new normal",but most of it done with good humour.
    Hopefully you will find somebody keen enough to do these reports.
    Expect some interesting replies!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well I for one applaud Reg's effort to reach out.

It's been years that we've been ragging on GAGR for being too Qld and NSW centric, but the instant they try to do something about it he gets hit with all the old comments.

I hope you're successful Reg, I'm happy to help where I can, but (as most here will attest) my musings are long on opinion and short on fact!

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Well I for one applaud Reg's effort to reach out.

It's been years that we've been ragging on GAGR for being too Qld and NSW centric, but the instant they try to do something about it he gets hit with all the old comments.

I hope you're successful Reg, I'm happy to help where I can, but (as most here will attest) my musings are long on opinion and short on fact!
    you sound perfectly qualified!

Rookie
    vCash
    I'd like to nominate Whatsdoin

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    over qualified!

vCash
    GBeard has a good turn of phrase and done a few pieces else were!
    I'm sure Westie can give a good account of local rugby too.

May the FORCE be with you!

Rookie
    vCash
    Ok, so the Spirit are hosting the Rising this weekend.

Anyone interested to do a review?

We also provide the official man of the match to the live stream team and come up with match 3-2-1 to go to the ARU for the overall NRC Player of the Year award.

Cheers

vCash
    I nominate the Andys: AndyS to give a running commentary and AndyG to provide statistical back-up!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Its interesting that GreenandGoldRugby has come to us for assistance for their WA content.

In years passed to the only time the Western Force was mentioned was when the GAGR Staff writer for the Waratahs, Reds or Brumbies was writing a review and or a preview to one of their easy win matches. Either way we were the whippingboy with zero opportunity for defense.

And should the vocal minority request some balanced reporting either publicly or privately to GAGR himself there has always been very little interest.

Makes me wonder what has changed. A WA based sponsor perhaps?

Or am I just being cynical.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Its interesting that GreenandGoldRugby has come to us for assistance for their WA content.

In years passed to the only time the Western Force was mentioned was when the GAGR Staff writer for the Waratahs, Reds or Brumbies was writing a review and or a preview to one of their easy win matches. Either way we were the whippingboy with zero opportunity for defense.

And should the vocal minority request some balanced reporting either publicly or privately to GAGR himself there has always been very little interest.

you're being cynical and so much more probably isn't appropriate for me to state just here.

As I've said at the top. The place is driven by volunteers. It's basically up to a writer to write what they want. Isn't it the old piece of advise given the budding writers - Write what you love?" I am a Reds fan so I write about the Reds, predominately. I love the NRC so am doing my best to try to drive that too. Wallabies obviously get a look in too.

We've struggled to get WA fans on board to write, make of that what you will, but it means we don't get the WA content. I have legitimately come here to find pro-WA fans who may want to do their bit to drive a bit of WA rugby content, but still can't find anyone.

We've had a number of WA contributors over the years, but they've moved on to other things.

To be honest the way things are going, if we don't find someone it looks like, as you suggest, the only mention the Force are going to get is when the other states play them.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post

I would dispute that entirely. Matt (MR GAGR as you call him) is always after new content. What he was probably saying is if YOU want this 'balanced' content then YOU provide.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast