Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Spirit vs Perth Stars

vCash
    What???

I was expecting to have to defend that statement against the logical and reasonable assertion that it completely ignores the local development pathway and is a recipe for short-term fool's gold.

Where does RG fit in?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    sorry Gigs ,misunderstood your post

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    righto cowboy,stack the team with super 15 players.
    win the comp.
    then what?
    Leading with your chin a bit there BG - someone might suggest not coming last in the SR might be a worthwhile starting point, perhaps learning that you can't even win the NRC without possession.

Champion
    vCash
    The match day squads were picked a long time back. Each player was told which game they would be playing and if on the bench then at what stage of the match they would be injected. Injury would be the only thing to change this irrespective of match day form.
    It was also decided that after such a disastrous Super campaign that all stops were to be pulled out to try and win the NRC because the Force membership is expected and with good reason to be at an all time low next season.
    There is a vast majority of good rugby men down at HQ and they too are all now wondering how best to depower Foley and change his methods which are clearly not working. Before anyone climbs into me for being a negative bastard I'd suggest you find out the real truth.
    Time for the board to show some kahuna's and make the calls that need to be fucken made and made now.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    The match day squads were picked a long time back. Each player was told which game they would be playing and if on the bench then at what stage of the match they would be injected. Injury would be the only thing to change this irrespective of match day form.
    It was also decided that after such a disastrous Super campaign that all stops were to be pulled out to try and win the NRC because the Force membership is expected and with good reason to be at an all time low next season.
    There is a vast majority of good rugby men down at HQ and they too are all now wondering how best to depower Foley and change his methods which are clearly not working. Before anyone climbs into me for being a negative bastard I'd suggest you find out the real truth.
    Time for the board to show some kahuna's and make the calls that need to be fucken made and made now.
    Hear Hear,
    I have heard exactly the same through a current player. Teams were up before competition started. Winning the NRC was paramount for morale and members.
    Foley is under pressure from the board! And so he should be. Board cannot afford to pay him out

vCash
    Didn't they just sign him for three years?

That would suggest at least a little bit of mismanagement.

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Didn't they just sign him for three years?

That would suggest at least a little bit of mismanagement.
    True!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    righto cowboy,stack the team with super 15 players.
    win the comp.
    then what?
    It doesn't necessarily have to be all super rugby players, but a settled starting team is generally considered a good sign for a team.
    How can you possibly believe that you are really trying to win the competition while disregarding form and success by picking all the teams and substitutions before the competition starts?

The only research I get to do is this website. What I write is only my opinion be it good bad or ugly, it's not that important.

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 08-09-15 at 07:48. Reason: quotes

Veteran
    vCash
    I agree with keeping a consistent team. We talked about it last season, let the boys make combinations, and take the competition seriously. A starting XV picked, then tweaked through the season.

If they dont pick a 'team', no one will seriously follow the team, and become supporters!

vCash
    If they are just going to keep trying out things and people and it's all been decided pre season ( re westie) they arnt give the punters value for money! I'm very disappointed.
    Westie normally knows what he's talking about and doesn't post rumours without specifying.

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Completely agree. Glad to hear that some of them have not drunk the kool aid and have their eyes wide open.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    If they are just going to keep trying out things and people and it's all been decided pre season ( re westie) they arnt give the punters value for money! I'm very disappointed.
    Westie normally knows what he's talking about and doesn't post rumours without specifying.
    Westies man is 100% correct , all players knew prior to season what minutes they would get and when they would get them. Injury is the only variable that might change this - form is irrevelant. Even more scary is taipan as coach has no influence, the player rostering is directed by foley.

So wouldn't be surprised if Taipan goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wjm View Post
    Westies man is 100% correct , all players knew prior to season what minutes they would get and when they would get them. Injury is the only variable that might change this - form is irrevelant. Even more scary is taipan as coach has no influence, the player rostering is directed by foley.

So wouldn't be surprised if Taipan goes.
    I'm not just disappointed I'm furken pissed off then! I've been placing money with bookies thinking the Spirit were trying to win games and the title.
    I can't effing believe it!

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    did they have this policy last season?--or is this a new (so called) initiative?

vCash
    Please folks take a deep breathe and let logic apply.

The Force players are one of the most travelled of the Super 15 sides and bearing in mind player welfare they were going to again this year be the less travelled of the players and likley to be included in the home matches.

Most of the club players hold down jobs as well as play rugby and advance warning for their employers and themselves would have been one of the considerations when putting a team together, also no matter how well they were playing could the commit eight weeks to the team.

This comp has always been about giving as many club players a chance to put their hands up for higher honours not winning although that would be nice.

This comp was to give more time to Burton and Koteka, but injuries have brought Jooste on earlier than expected but with year 12 exams under way shortly he cannot commit full time, so not sure about being told when players will come on play is fair maybe which week they were likley to get a go.

Brad Lacey had a chance for two weeks and did not show, yet Daley and Onehunga took their opportunities last week and were noticed.

This comp is for the greater good of the Future of the Force and not the here and now.

I will be on the hill again this week shouting for the boys irrespective who is picked.

Tai I am behind you and your team, go the Spirit

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast