Thread: WA junior finals - exciting talent

Apprentice
    vCash

WA junior finals - exciting talent

Exciting games in the next two weeks for all junior teams - with one particular U15 team into the grand final being undefeated for the past 10-11yrs what a massive achievement to club , team and the coach who has coached them from the start. This same team produced 14 regional players and nine junior gold cup players who were part of the team that won the national comp this year.

So much talent in our juniors in WA - how do we support and develop these boys as we have been losing many out of state and overseas????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Yes a very talented well coached side that have some big units and very classy backs. Having been an opposition coach and having copped some serious serious beatings over the years from this side I always admired the size and talent they had at their disposal.
    It's a bit sad when players like C P at 1st 5 who will be a professional player within 4 years is heading back to Wellington to complete his studies.Massive loss.
    What has rung true and what I would tell my lads after receiving another 100 point demo job is the big guys doing all the damage 3 or 4 years ago will just be another cab off the rank around about now which is the way it has panned out.
    Some just haven't kicked on the way I thought they would for whatever reason and that's not being a negative bastard it's just what I have observed. Maybe being such big units meant it all came a bit too easy and they weren't challenged to work as hard as they could have.
    Maybe they should have all been put up in the 17's Gold division and they could all have easily handled that because when they win the 15's comp by 60 odd they probably have wasted a crucial year in their development.
    On another note I am loving the WAJRU's flat out refusal to grant any players any kind of dispensation regardless of circumstances whatsoever to stop teams loading up come finals time. Way it should be, no grey areas, black and white, simple. Take note seniors.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I've always thought the big kids in junior rugby were generally done a disservice by having it too easy. So many of them don't seem to develop the ticker that their smaller counterparts do. Eventually puberty kicks in and they all tend to grow into bodies that are roughly the same size.....at that point, the strains of being the smallest kid on the park show themselves as being the bravest bloke out there, and generally the same size.

If the little ones stick it out through the tough years, they generally kick on pretty well, the bigger ones get found out later, after spending several years being the best kid in the team. Some of them stay, and turn into bloody good players, but many stagnate or leave.

I don't reckon the numbers of kids who don't cope differ that much, but the little ones, like my bloke, lose interest at 12s or 13s, the bigger ones do it at 17s, where it's more noticeable.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    You decide Big kids being big kids, thugs or poorly coached, this is u14 rugby and we trying to break necks, have a look at the link,
    at 3 mins, 5 mins & 9 mins
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hqyx5dtSyc

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    not a good look

Apprentice
    vCash
    dang , not a good look at all ! Young lad needs educating on proper technique on tackling - wow

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah, it seems like whoever edited that video was showing it off too.

Veteran
    vCash
    should have been a straight red card.

vCash
    I agree. I don't think it can be put down to poor technique, it was just dangerous play.

Champion
    vCash
    Didn't think it was appropriate to comment on 14 year old's until this info came to light. It's not the first time the player that tried to bounce the Bros players head into the ground has appeared before the judiciary this season. He received a mammoth 4 week suspension as did the spear tackle player. Both incidents were classified as mid range. Wonder what you have to do for something to be classified as high range.
    That's what you get from players that play both codes.
    Thought Southern Lions looked very organised and professional last weekend with big supporter numbers and bet they would be not too impressed with the actions of just a few thugs that undo all the good work. Piss them off

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Both incidents were classified as mid range. Wonder what you have to do for something to be classified as high range.
    The victim walked away didn't he?

C'mon the