Thread: How does selection into WA rep teams really work

vCash

How does selection into WA rep teams really work

Can anyone shine some light on the process of rep selection in WA I know Juniors are run in dictator style where the coaches put names forward and one person decides who is in and who not but what about The NRC does the same process apply there as well

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    either you get selected, or you don't
    simple really

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    either you get selected, or you don't
    simple really
    Shit I'm glad you cleared that up, I was just about to start studying some encyclopaedias

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Can anyone shine some light on the process of rep selection in WA I know Juniors are run in dictator style where the coaches put names forward and one person decides who is in and who not but what about The NRC does the same process apply there as well
    I see a lot of talent at Britannia every Saturday but don't see the same talent at the trials
    I think it is left up to the players to register and try out
    As they get to U 16-17 level it seems the novelty has worn off and this is reflecting in the U 19 level
    Junior rugby pays enough to rugby wa to run the comp and run the development program but seem to take an easy option on and off the field
    There needs to be more selectors picking the talent more talented development offices and a system that wants our talented players to look for higher honours and encourage them to stay in the game at all levels
    The good people are out there they just need to be asked not told and when they question those above with constructive criticism they should not be seen as disruptive and moved to the side
    There is enough talent there at Britannia to have a successful WF side if those above knew what they are looking at

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 22-08-15 at 08:59. Reason: quotes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    I see a lot of talent at Britannia every Saturday but don't see the same talent at the trials
    I have a question. If players need to register to get into the trials, why don't their capable and knowledgeable coaches encourage them to do so? Surely that would solve the problem where the wrong players are represented at the trials?

I know that's the way I'd play it. The top couple of players in my team would be automatically encouraged to trial, along with anybody I thought was in the top four or five in the competition.

Now if registrations into the trials were limited, or only open to certain individuals, or controlled by another body, that would be a different story, but if players can register themselves, then surely a portion of the blame falls upon the players and their immediate advisors.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    As they get to U 16-17 level it seems the novelty has worn off and this is reflecting in the U 19 level
    Junior rugby pays enough to rugby wa to run the comp and run the development program but seem to take an easy option on and off the field
    There needs to be more selectors picking the talent more talented development offices and a system that wants our talented players to look for higher honours and encourage them to stay in the game at all levels
    The good people are out there they just need to be asked not told and when they question those above with constructive criticism they should not be seen as disruptive and moved to the side
    There is enough talent there at Britannia to have a successful WF side if those above knew what they are looking at
    You missed the point my friend! Hes asking about NRC not juniors but thanks for playing! Sad to see more RugbyWA bashing from an ill informed post. Do your research people dont just have a whinge about something you might think is true.

All the games from 19s to 1st grade are videotaped by LMSC and sent to RugbyWA. Players are identified from these videotapes and from the coaches and selectors watching club games then are invited from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haters View Post
    All the games from 19s to 1st grade are videotaped by LMSC and sent to RugbyWA.
    Correct me if I've misunderstood, but are you saying that LMSC has a unit that records every game every round 19s to Premier Grade?

vCash
    Yes. LMSC is at every fixture to film U/19, 2nd & Prem. They provide the ref with a mike.
    Each club and each ref can have a copy of the game by simply giving the LMSC dude a thumb drive to copy it to. RugbyWA gets a copy of each game as well too also.

Being a ref who is sometimes allocated such games, I find it incredibly useful. I'd have thought that all coaches also find it useful.

I expect anyone of importance could suggest to the coaching folk to look out for certain players in either grade and they can do that for from the comfort of their bunker at HQ