Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 new initiatives from the ARU

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    IN the late 80's and for the majority of the 90's Tim Horan and Jason Little where THE Centre pairing in World Rugby.

If you are going to have a trophy named after 2 Australian Players Horan and Little are a good a combination I can think of.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Managed to catch the Greater Sydney Rams v NSW Country on Fox streaming, happy with the quality and commentary, large improvement on lasts years non-televised games.

Both Sexton and Jono Lance played. Sexton nothing out of the ordinary but Jono Lance looked very composed made some nice runs at the line, decent passing and kicking game and solid in defence.

Look forward to having both over this way, especially Jono at it seems like he will add a bit of starch and nuance to the backline.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    Isn't that the same format as the Ranfurly Shield in NZ
    Pretty much. But the Ranfurly Shield holds well over a hundred years of tradition. That tradition has morphed into just as meaningful a contest in the professional era. I remember the Stags holding it for a good stretch a couple of seasons ago and it was a real big deal.

Anything to give the NRC some of the same is a good thing and you have to start somewhere, I suppose. But a trophy named for a couple of Queenslanders, as great a center pairing as they were, is probably not gonna cut it, unfortunately.

The Kiwi trophy was named for the Governor General who donated it. The "Peter Cosgrove Shield" could have quite a nice ring to it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    It doesn't matter what you call it Shasta, the shield will only gain status by the passion with which the teams fight for it.......that remains to be seen, but Melbourne putting it on offer for an away game was a good start. What needs to happen is for the thing to change hands three or four times this season and probably end up in the hands of a team which everybody acknowledges was one of the best teams, but preferably not the pennant winner.

(That way, the pennant winner wants to rip it off the bastard who is holding it and the holder uses it to show how they are better than the pennant winner)

Honestly, you could do it with a pile of dog shit, as long as you can convince the teams to fight for it.

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2