Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2015 SEASON REVIEW MEETING

Apprentice
    vCash

2015 SEASON REVIEW MEETING

I have a heard a premier club president has arranged a meeting of clubs at RWA to discuss the competition and the way forward
    Obviously a key part of the way forward is the Colts competition but he has failed to invite two of the clubs that had Colts teams this year because they are not premier grade clubs - I am sure that Mandurah and Bunbury will be pleased to know their opinions don't count according to the Chair of the meeting

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Think you will find it was only Prem clubs invited but I do agree it should involve all those with an interest in metro rugby and be an open forum where everyone can present their opinion.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Rockingham-Mandurah Premier Club. Looking at tables and couple of team sheets Rocky Champ As would be on par with Joondalup top side last year (2nd grade) they've gone ok this season and a rocky-mandurah club would also have far more depth than jbros.

Last edited by Buck; 12-08-15 at 20:10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Rockingham-Mandurah Premier Club. Looking at tables and couple of team sheets Rocky Champ As would be on par with Joondalup top side last year (2nd grade) they've gone ok this season and a rocky-mandurah club would also have far more depth than jbros.
    Yeah, if you could get them into the same room!

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Giggs is right if they could sit down and sort it out would be great for local rugby .we need a 1st grade team down that way.2 mandurah boys will line up for neddies 1st grade this weekend and both are only 19.more of these talented kids will either move to other 1st grade clubs or be lost to the game

vCash
    Bally, I haven't been close to rocko for nearly eight years and it was ugly then.

I think the stink over Kwinana has settled down but the Mandurah thing just keeps hanging on. In reality with the number of players down this way that have a good run with juniors and then take of to prems clubs, let's just say if the three clubs could get on speaking terms and hold onto that talent, they'd not repeat the performances of Rocko in their latter prems years, that is a virtual guarantee.

It's obvious that Rugby WA aren't interested in healing the rift....and hearing the rumour mill about why Prems was pulled from Rocko, if half of that is correct I guess you can't blame them too much....but their responsibility is to grow the game and that corridor is chock-full of New Zealanders and South Africans who have been treated so shabbily by the organisation that they wouldn't dream of supporting the Force (and in that, I'm not just talking about Rocko rugby club members)

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    judging by some of the young talent coming through at Rocky i reckon they could be back into Premier grade in 2 years time and have good depth in 2's and 19's .

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Bally, I haven't been close to rocko for nearly eight years and it was ugly then.

I think the stink over Kwinana has settled down but the Mandurah thing just keeps hanging on. In reality with the number of players down this way that have a good run with juniors and then take of to prems clubs, let's just say if the three clubs could get on speaking terms and hold onto that talent, they'd not repeat the performances of Rocko in their latter prems years, that is a virtual guarantee.

It's obvious that Rugby WA aren't interested in healing the rift....and hearing the rumour mill about why Prems was pulled from Rocko, if half of that is correct I guess you can't blame them too much....but their responsibility is to grow the game and that corridor is chock-full of New Zealanders and South Africans who have been treated so shabbily by the organisation that they wouldn't dream of supporting the Force (and in that, I'm not just talking about Rocko rugby club members)
    How is it RugbyWA's problem to heal the rift between Rocky, Mandurah and Kwinana? The rift was caused by individuals within these clubs who then decided to take the course of action to form other clubs. Never did RugbyWA say to these clubs 'hey, how abouts you all have a big shit fight and tear one club apart and then go and form two other rugby clubs'. Its ludicrous to assume that this situation was caused by any one other than the people at Rocky at the time. RugbyWA is there to facilitate the competition, not be intimately involved in petty intraclub squabbles. Rockinghams problems were caused by Rockingham. Namely moving 20kms away from their traditional player base, moving in next door to the league club who bought out any decent player they had and losing their most financial backer or 'sugar daddy'. Mandurah is too far away from Rocky anyway to ever consider merging with Rocky. Kwinana is barely hanging on as a club.
    Mandurah will most likely be the club from these 3 to attain Premier grade status in the future.
    As for Kiwis and Saffas not supporting the Force because of Rugbywa is another ludicrous assumption. These kids are free to support whoever they choose to support. Its called freedom of choice. The one thing RugbyWA can be blamed for with these kids is bringing professional rugby to Perth and all the opportunities that go with it.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    How is it RugbyWA's problem to heal the rift between Rocky, Mandurah and Kwinana? The rift was caused by individuals within these clubs who then decided to take the course of action to form other clubs. Never did RugbyWA say to these clubs 'hey, how abouts you all have a big shit fight and tear one club apart and then go and form two other rugby clubs'. Its ludicrous to assume that this situation was caused by any one other than the people at Rocky at the time. RugbyWA is there to facilitate the competition, not be intimately involved in petty intraclub squabbles. Rockinghams problems were caused by Rockingham. Namely moving 20kms away from their traditional player base, moving in next door to the league club who bought out any decent player they had and losing their most financial backer or 'sugar daddy'. Mandurah is too far away from Rocky anyway to ever consider merging with Rocky. Kwinana is barely hanging on as a club.
    Mandurah will most likely be the club from these 3 to attain Premier grade status in the future.
    As for Kiwis and Saffas not supporting the Force because of Rugbywa is another ludicrous assumption. These kids are free to support whoever they choose to support. Its called freedom of choice. The one thing RugbyWA can be blamed for with these kids is bringing professional rugby to Perth and all the opportunities that go with it.
    What an outburst
    I don't see anyone from rocky complaining except a dickhead called gigs who hasn't been involved in the club for some years but guesses the chickens are falling from the sky
    Gigs tends to comment on a lot of posts and then finished by saying I'm not sure I haven't been involved in rugby for a long time
    Calls ballys post bias but says I'm haven't seen prem games for a while so don't know because rocky aren't involved
    Then says it's been eight years since I was at rocky
    No wonder the club split if it was full off idiots like gigs
    Gigs you are entitled to be opinionated but if you post for the sake of posting fuck off

Rookie
    vCash
    Kalahard
    No one from rocky has posted here asking for rugby wa to step in and heal the wounds of past
    From what I have seen the club is rolling along and people are enjoying themselves but still struggle as most clubs do occasionally with volunteers but there seems to be a core group really enjoying themselves and getting on with it
    At your next crac meeting ask Hansie why he no longer posts as this is not a forum for crac members to throw stones at glass windows

Champion
    vCash
    Pretty ordinary post re Gigs comments Insider. Not really any need for that shit.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Na westie, he's right. I'm only posting old information.

Good to hear that the people at rocky are enjoying their rugby. Maybe the feelings have moved on

C'mon the

vCash
    As a season review, this thread seem not as helpful as some might have imagined.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    No I agree it is not RWAs job to get involved in individual spats but it is there job to develop rugby which leaves a lot to be desired
    It is not rocky or mandurahs problem to have perms sides but it is RWAs problem to grow the game
    The crac a full of no hopers who have no vision no desire or real passion for the game
    They only feather there own nest at the expense of getting a real plan together to develop the game

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    No I agree it is not RWAs job to get involved in individual spats but it is there job to develop rugby which leaves a lot to be desired
    It is not rocky or mandurahs problem to have perms sides but it is RWAs problem to grow the game
    The crac a full of no hopers who have no vision no desire or real passion for the game
    They only feather there own nest at the expense of getting a real plan together to develop the game
    It would be nice if you can share with us punters, examples of these alleged goings on at RWA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast