Thread: Into the finals

Champion
    vCash

Into the finals

Well, once again we have topsy turvy results. Wanneroo beat Uni (deservedly) and so on.
    BUT which club didn't play its full Premier Grade side - albeit it two players - to make sure another club didn't make the finals.
    Sound like rumours and sauces from Growden doesn't it. Except it's true

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Cant agree with that. Clubs due to the draw to accommodate the NRC have played 14 weeks in a row with the 2 byes coming in the first 4 weeks of the season. The top 3 clubs were playing finals 6 weeks ago so they will have tried to give as many of their top liners as possible a well earned break.
    Your conspiracy theory which would have involved the Kala -Cott match and keeping Uni out didn't work out anyway because everyone including myself would have thought they would pick up 5 comp points against the Dogs anyway.
    Kala rested more than 2 players as well and by my calculations was more like 6.
    Heard there was some action in the front row for Kala

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    I can understand players being rested if they have slight injury niggles, but to rest them to keep them fresh seems to me to be going a bit too far. I would have thought a week off playing before going into the finals could have the opposite effect.
    Time will tell I suppose.

Champion
    vCash
    All the dodgy stuff going on involves reserve grade where the prem teams who weren't playing finals were qualifying players down.
    A club we played a few weeks back rolled 4 players out in reserve grade and subbed them off 1 minute in and then did the same in 1st grade.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Not smart, as a former player I would have been pissed off if it was me. It's pretty easy to qualify players during the season and not panic in the last few rounds.

Player
    vCash
    Kala rested 5 players ( your sources are good westie!) not to keep uni out but to give game time to younger guys and rest the older ones.
    Lookout if they turn up this week.
    Last years we tried to buy a team and it turned into a bloody mess this year looks like they got it right.
    Soaks and the best in the business at getting there boys into 2nds for finals

Rookie
    vCash
    Have to admit which ever way the weekend went, I would not want to face either UWA or Cott in the finals as they just seem to lift for them.
    Could be in for an interesting weekend. Love the fact someone has finally seen sense and rewarded 1 and 2 on the ladder.
    Neddies will be stinging from the semi final ambush last year, should be a belter.
    Wests Kala will probably be as physical as we have seen for a few years. Heres hoping the beers are cold and the burgers are top shelf.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    All the dodgy stuff going on involves reserve grade where the prem teams who weren't playing finals were qualifying players down.
    A club we played a few weeks back rolled 4 players out in reserve grade and subbed them off 1 minute in and then did the same in 1st grade.
    That certainly seems more logical in my mind.

1 Qualify players to play finals in whatever grades that have a chance
    2 Put the firsts into reserves if there's a close game which you need to win to make finals

I can't figure how resting players works to keep another team out of the finals unless you're playing the team which will replace them, surely then a win is what's required to be sure. Would you really want to throw a game coming into the finals series, since momentum is so important in this game.

That's why I reckon beating the ABs on Saturday (whilst giving us all an amazing feeling for a week) might not have been the best news for our World Cup chances, because our momentum might be peaking too far out of the elimination stages, but New Zealand has a chance to build it up again.

Same would apply with Prems wouldn't it?

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Kala rested 5 players ( your sources are good westie!)
    C'mon Buck you knew that before today, they almost always are.