Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Perth Spirit 2015 Squad

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Although all the games are being played there, my understanding is that compromise was that all profits will be split amongst the clubs. It does not stay with Uni in full. It was well proven last year that there were very small attendances at the minor venues but plenty at McGillivray. I guess you could have a small share of a reasonable profit with games hosted at McGillivray or you can have 100% of sweet F A and host them at minor venues? The decision is made commercially, not emotionally, and this way everyone but Uni is equally upset about the decision.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Why the hell do we have to go and watch all games at Uni of all places It is a shit venue the change rooms is shit for the players and Uni are making huge money out of it on every occasion, Why dont RugbyWA put it out there and give all clubs the opportunity to come up with a plan and a promise of $30 000 per game ( same as what uni will be earning for each game)
    Fact of the matter is they got 1,000-1,500 more spectators at McGillivray than they did at the other two venues last year. If we see a similar drop in numbers over the 4 games this year you might have a case but until then it's hard to argue against Uni as a venue.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Any confirmation on the capt'n, folks?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Do club players get any remuneration for playing in this comp?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsdoin View Post
    Do club players get any remuneration for playing in this comp?
    Why? Does one of them owe you beer money?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham105 View Post
    Any confirmation on the capt'n, folks?
    Rory was captain (one of them?) last season. I'm not sure about making him captain - I'd rather use someone like Alcock or Cottrell, who could be vice-captain for the Force

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Why? Does one of them owe you beer money?
    Nah, but contracted players should be buying a beer for club players as there will be a few that are better than them!
    Now that is embarrassing!
    Shall we start with the' prancing horse' tighthead/waterboy from Cottosloe. What an embarrasement to the professional ranks that is!
    Club coaches are better than the spirit coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    Wanneroo complaining about shitty changerooms.... gaaaarmon.. stick your head in that shit hole you call a visitors changeroom...
    Wanneroo visitor change rooms is better than most clubs home team change rooms so not to sure what you are on about plus there are 2 visitor change rooms for visiting teams at Wanneroo

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Wanneroo visitor change rooms is better than most clubs home team change rooms so not to sure what you are on about plus there are 2 visitor change rooms for visiting teams at Wanneroo
    They've built swish new big ones haven't they?

Rookie
    vCash
    Nah, but contracted players should be buying a beer for club players as there will be a few that are better than them!
    Now that is embarrassing!
    Shall we start with the' prancing horse' tighthead/waterboy from Cottosloe. What an embarrasement to the professional ranks that is!
    Club coaches are better than the spirit coaches.
    At first I thought that you were amusing in a brainless sort of way, now it is obvious that you are just a hater. What is the real problem. Kid not making the state team? aligned with a club not doing to well? Ohhhhh you are a club coach and are bitter that some one as inpet as the Force Chap Tai Mc Doodad has taken your designated spot as ex coach of the Ballarat Numbats under 16s.

Try and be constructive (as in criticism) or at least back up your comments with some form of well constructed raison d'etre for your stated position - we do value your comments on this forum...... well maybe but its worth a shot.

(NB: expected response - ****ing *** head ****.) - go on... surprise us.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    At first I thought that you were amusing in a brainless sort of way, now it is obvious that you are just a hater. What is the real problem. Kid not making the state team? aligned with a club not doing to well? Ohhhhh you are a club coach and are bitter that some one as inpet as the Force Chap Tai Mc Doodad has taken your designated spot as ex coach of the Ballarat Numbats under 16s.

Try and be constructive (as in criticism) or at least back up your comments with some form of well constructed raison d'etre for your stated position - we do value your comments on this forum...... well maybe but its worth a shot.

(NB: expected response - ****ing *** head ****.) - go on... surprise us.
    None of the above!

Rookie
    vCash
    I asked earlier in this thread about the Perth Spirit winger Sevuloni Mocenacagi. My ability with a computer is at best limited. All I can find out is he is 195 cm &108 kg and he has been in the Fijian 7's squad. I can't find any footage of him actually playing for Fiji though. If he hasn't actually played for Fiji, is he eligiable to take Mitch Scott's place? Can someone help me please?
    Imagine my disappointment when I asked earlier about him, all I got to read about was a load of blokes slagging each other off about which club had the dirtiest dunnies and how unfair it was UWA got to sell more pies from their tuck shop during the NRC

Rookie
    vCash
    None of the above!
    Speechless??? Well if it is none of the above, how about some solid reasoning behind the rants. You slag of an incumbent offering no alternative. You moan about the coaching as sub standard yelling that club coaches are better.. if so then who? I would like you to carry on your criticism as it is healthy to challenge what is passed to us lower down the food chain the as a fait accompli but there must be well thought out alternatives suggested otherwise it just appears to me as another disgruntled armchair troll critic and those we have in abundance here and on most rugby forums. Have a crack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    I asked earlier in this thread about the Perth Spirit winger Sevuloni Mocenacagi. My ability with a computer is at best limited. All I can find out is he is 195 cm &108 kg and he has been in the Fijian 7's squad. I can't find any footage of him actually playing for Fiji though. If he hasn't actually played for Fiji, is he eligiable to take Mitch Scott's place?
    Not having followed up on Mocenacagi specifically I can help with the IRB process for determining eligibility.
    If he's played for Fiji 15s, he's not eligible to take Mitch's place as he will be a marquee and we needed to get rid of Willy to bring in Peter Grant.
    Each country also nominates a second team which is counted as international representation and would have a similar impact on his contracting. I haven't been able to find which team Fiji use for tht instance, but 7s would seem to be a good fit......Does anybody know if that's the case.

If he doesn't qualify as being a marquee it's actually better news for us. He might have been a resident in Australia for three years which makes him automatically eligible to sign a regular contract for the force under residency rules. If he hasn't spent the last three consecutive years in Australia, he might qualify as a development contract which (I think) is what Mitch Scott was on.

That's the tangled web as I understand it anyway! Of course there is also the inevitable possibility that there is some unpublished "Waratah rule" which will allow them to stop us contracting him if they don't want him when we've developed him into a decent player or something like that.

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Regardless of what a nation's second senior side is, if you play 7s for the national team (e.g. Fiji) in a recognised national even (i.e. World Series 7s) you are ineligible for anywhere else. As far as I can see from googling his name plus World Series he hasn't been capped and therefore is eligible. He would come up in a team sheet in an IRB event I would have thought.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast