Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PINDAN PREMIER GRADE PREVIEW: ROUND 17

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Faulkner did not get moved.
    You sure you were watching the right game?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvUnleashed View Post
    You sure you were watching the right game?
    Yep. The Force scrum went round a couple of times but not Faulkner's side. As I said the referee seemed to have no idea about what was going on but fair play to Kala for getting away with it.

Champion
    vCash
    Kala scrum has monstered all before it. Pushover tries v Pally and v Soaks with only 7 forwards shows its a scrum not to be underestimated. Big Beau King walks through any scrum, best prop in the comp. Wont get picked for higher levels though, force too in love with the cott powderpuff. Not surprising seeing as coach is ex NZ maori tighthead with over 250 pro games experience.

Champion
    vCash
    We shall see in 2 weeks won't we and who can keep it going for 80 minutes and who can't.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Kala scrum has monstered all before it. Pushover tries v Pally and v Soaks with only 7 forwards shows its a scrum not to be underestimated. Big Beau King walks through any scrum, best prop in the comp. Wont get picked for higher levels though, force too in love with the cott powderpuff. Not surprising seeing as coach is ex NZ maori tighthead with over 250 pro games experience.
    obviously a chap who has played wing all his life and no idea about scrumming - Beau King - flat track bully with the mobility of a small piece of gaffa tape stuck to a large rock - classic prop.... NOT

Rookie
    vCash
    In all honesty - Kala's backline has been great during the season but please.. the pack is wanting - a couple of large lads or lard lads and that's it - they have not won many scrums baring faking penalties all season - whoever meets them in the finals will hopefully focus on spanking the hill tribes in the forwards like most people have done all season.

Player
    vCash
    We've had a pretty good season apart from the disaster in round 1 vs Joondalup the sacking of Paul King is IMO what turned the side around.

Last edited by Buck; 04-08-15 at 12:09.

Rookie
    vCash
    Kala must be doing something right if they are third in the competition and not had a single force player to call on the entire season.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    obviously a chap who has played wing all his life and no idea about scrumming - Beau King - flat track bully with the mobility of a small piece of gaffa tape stuck to a large rock - classic prop.... NOT
    I been in more scrums than you've had hot dinners mate. Go back to when Kala played Pally at Pally early this season. Beau picked Joe Savage up and walked him over the try line for a pushover try and we all know the love thrown Joes way. As i said Kala scrum is best in the comp case closed.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    In all honesty - Kala's backline has been great during the season but please.. the pack is wanting - a couple of large lads or lard lads and that's it - they have not won many scrums baring faking penalties all season - whoever meets them in the finals will hopefully focus on spanking the hill tribes in the forwards like most people have done all season.
    Bet you wouldn't call them lard lads to their face. Good old keyboard warriors.

vCash
    Fight Fight Fight Fight

(well epithets at twenty paces at least!)

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Action Hardcore would be able to give us the inside word on the Kala front row from what I hear

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 06-08-15 at 04:17.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I been in more scrums than you've had hot dinners mate. Go back to when Kala played Pally at Pally early this season. Beau picked Joe Savage up and walked him over the try line for a pushover try and we all know the love thrown Joes way. As i said Kala scrum is best in the comp case closed.

Got a strong tip on one of the Kala pick to pick up the PGH this year (getting in early).

Rookie
    vCash
    I love your enthusiasm but really - I have two things in my favor, a microwave and an oven... hot dinners everywhere. As for Beau King, in all honesty, I have only seem Kala play twice this season and the ex Te Puke Sport chap has not stood out which surprises me considering he seems to be a combo of Castrogiovani, the Franks Brothers, Sekopi Kepu and the 1972 Pontypool front row. As for picking Joe Savage up and running over the line.... hmmm not technically legal.

I am sure as a former boot boy for the pack your vast knowledge of scrummaging technique and the subtleties of an eight man shove allow you to realise that one man does not make a pack. take Tetra on the weekend... the delightful cry of "your man got torn new bits on the weekend" just goes to show that no matter how good a forward you are, if you are surrounded by others that are not up to the task, you can only do so much. Powederpuffs etc included.

Anyway - back to Kala. they deserve to be where they are and with the dynamic backline they have, they have a great crack at winning the comp... but if someone puts consistent pressure on their scrum and non existent lineout, there are at least 5 blockes that will be blowing like typhoon Soudelor after 20 mins but with less effect. Good luck to all in the finals.

Rookie
    vCash
    I much prefer soft fruit at 10 paces.. not sure I can throw epithets that far and BTW aren't they an endangered species... especially on the twf site... shame to waste them

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast