Thread: Quade Cooper reacts to scathing article from New Zealand rugby writer Chris Rattue

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Quade Cooper reacts to scathing article from New Zealand rugby writer Chris Rattue

Jamie Pandaram in Mendoza
    The Daily Telegraph
    July 27, 2015 7:42AM

THIS is the column by a New Zealand writer that is understood to have fired up Quade Cooper and led to the Wallabies playmaker posting his explosive Tweet.

NZ Herald rugby writer Chris Rattue wrote a scathing piece about Cooper last week, saying the Wallabies were no chance of winning the World Cup as long as he kept getting selected.

The opening lines of the column read: “Go on Michael Cheika. Dare you. Keep picking Quade Cooper as the Wallabies’ World Cup linchpin.

“Cooper is as crazy as ever and will lose more games than he wins for the Wallabies.

“Coach Cheika is playing with fire in World Cup year, relying on the nutty No10 to guide the ship.”

Cooper wrote on Twitter at 4.30am.

While Cooper would not reveal exactly what he had read to rile him, the Daily Telegraph understands that he read Rattue’s piece while out celebrating Australia’s win over Argentina in Mendoza with teammates.

“There was some online criticism directed at me personally,” Cooper said.

“I’m disappointed in that but I’m human, I’ve got feelings. That’s it.

“I’ve never been one to read into media but this one time it caught my eye.

“I’m disappointed in myself for getting trapped in that. At the end of the day, I’m in a professional environment and it got to me this one time.”

Cheika said Cooper would not face any disciplinary measures after deleting the Tweet and making a public apology.

The incredible episode sets up a tense showdown with the All Blacks in a fortnight.

Rattue and other Kiwi scribes are convinced Cooper is a liability and an easy target for the All Blacks.

Cooper has ugly history playing against New Zealand, his place of birth.

Run-ins on the field with All Blacks skipper Richie McCaw made him “Public enemy No. 1” — as the NZ Herald framed it in a front page piece at the 2011 World Cup, which the Kiwis hosted.

Cooper was roundly jeered by Kiwi crowds during the tournament, particularly in the semi-final loss against the All Blacks during which he performed poorly.

Both Kiwi and Aussie fans made Cooper the butt of criticism and jokes following the tournament, and he has been lumped with the blame for most defeats suffered by the Wallabies ever since.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/qu...-1227458144149

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    If you want the big bucks, you gotta take the rough that goes with it.

In any case, why does a guy as fragile as Cooper read anything that's written about him after a crap performance?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby