Thursday, 18 June 2015

Saturday, 20 June, 2015
    Kick-off times:
    First Grade: 3.30pm
    Reserve Grade: 1.50pm
    Under 19: 12.30pm

By Fraser Smith

Match of the Round: Nedlands (2) v Kalamunda (4) at The Foreshore, Nedlands
    Round Two: Nedlands 18 defeated Kalamunda 13 at Hartfield Park, Forrestfield.

The Foreshore will play host to an intriguing top four clash when Nedlands defend the RugbyWA Cup against Kalamunda this weekend in the Pindan Premier Grade Match of the Round.

‘Neddies’ continued their brilliant run of victories with a 30-point triumph over Wanneroo last round, 44-14, taking their streak to nine consecutive wins. Nedlands’ backline strength was again on display in Round 10, running in seven tries, including Michael Ruru’s tenth of the season.

‘Kala’ remain in fourth spot despite a heavy defeat at the hands of Wests Scarborough in Round 10 going down, 37-10. With Cottesloe snapping at their heals just two points back, the Bulls will be keen to contain Nedlands’ fire power and hand them their first defeat since the opening round of the season.

Nedlands: 1. Joseph Ritchie, 2. Anaru Rangi, 3. Jermaine Ainsley, 4. Danny Hartwell, 5. Michael Egan, 6. Andries Van Der Westhuizen, 7. Shane Hemi, 8. Tevin Ferris, 9. Michael Ruru, 10. Jese Toto, 11. Kauri Cudd, 12. Davis Tavita, 13. Juan Pretorius, 14. Liam van der Westhuizen, 15. Dylan van Dieman.
    Kalamunda: 1. Aaron Minnet, 2. Mark Royal, 3. Roy Kuka, 4. Matthew Dessauvagie, 5. Nikau Rangiwhetu (c), 6. Russell Burgess (c), 7. Lukas Birch, 8. Leo Auvaa, 9. Ryan Black, 10. Preston Elama, 11. Faamanatu Apineru, 12. Tama Makamaka, 13. J'None Tuitavake, 14. Douglas Cordadine, 15. Daley Harper.

Associates (3) v Wanneroo (9) at Allen Park, Swanbourne
    Round Two: Associates 62 defeated Wanneroo 7 at Kingsway Reserve, Landsdale

Associates will look to continue their excellent attacking form and further establish their place in the four when they host ninth-place Wanneroo.

‘Soaks’ have been in dominant form in recent weeks, posting three consecutive victories to sit comfortably in third position on the ladder. The Swanbourne club has notched up a four-try bonus point in their last three matches, including seven tries in last round’s 32-point rout of Perth Bayswater, 47-15.

Wanneroo heads into Round 11 keen on redeeming themselves after a 30-point loss to Nedlands in Round 10, 44-14. The Roodogs showed promise in the middle stages of the 2015 Pindan Premier Grade season in challenging some of the competition’s top sides. Wanneroo will look to lock down in defence in hope causing an upset in enemy territory.

Associates: 1. John Ogilvie, 2. Tabbie Du Plessis, 3. Andy Lawrence, 4. Matt Leary, 5. Ben Hales, 6. Dean Taylor-Menzies/Jack Webster, 7. Michael Polastri, 8. Al Rovira, 9. Justin Turner, 10. Hugh Norcross, 11. Christian Fini, 12. Altus Momsen, 13. HP Momsen, 14. Tevita Sifa, 15. Casper Nell.
    Wanneroo: 1. Goliath Nikora, 2. Scott Cornell, 3. Andre Roux, 4. Adam Candy, 5. Bradley Campbell, 6. Sylvo Iro, 7. Benjamin Stimson, 8. Nathan Iro, 9. Bryce Watkins, 10. Kyle Bowie, 11. Jarred Rees, 12. Andrew King, 13. Marcel Blackie, 14. Aiden Guenole, 15. Cerri Cummings.

Cottesloe (5) v Palmyra (6) at Harvey Field, Cottesloe
    Round Two: Cottesloe 17 defeated Palmyra 3 at Tompkins Park, Applecross.

Cottesloe will look crack back into the top four when they play host to Palmyra at Harvey Field this weekend.

‘Cott’ are finally back on the winner’s list thanks to a nine-point victory over UWA in Round 10, 31-22, after five consecutive losses. The Gulls appeared to reclaim some of their early season form against ‘Uni’, running in four tries, a feat they had not managed since Round Four. Sitting just two points outside the four, the Gulls will be eager to string two wins together for a chance to climb the ladder.

Palmyra tasted victory for the first time in three weeks with a 10-point victory over Joondalup last round, 23-13. ‘Paly’ currently sit in sixth position and could set themselves up for a push towards the top four with a victory on Saturday.

Cottesloe: 1. John Monk, 2. Urbain Lawrence, 3. Oliver Hoskins, 4. Damien Carley, 5. Kieran Stringer 6. Adrian Hall, Angus Duckett, 8. Jarrett Budworth, 9. Charl Nieuwenhuis, 10. Antini Brown, 11. Nili Afeaki, 12. Tobias Hoskins, 13. Sam Parker, 14. Kelvin Smith, 15. Sean Martin
    Palmyra: 1. Joe Savage (c), 2. Zinzan Ranfield-Kake, 3. Hamoira Tioke, 4. James Simpson, 5. Phil O’Connor, 6. Josh Everett, 7. Gavin Armstrong, 8. Onehunga Havilli, 9. Isaac Marriner, 10. Sam Jurisich, 11. Tommy Foster, 12. Ramon Davis, 13. Vinnie Booiman, 14. Nick Els, 15. Tutere Waenga.

Joondalup (8) v Perth Bayswater (10) at HBF Arena Sportsplex, Joondalup
    Round Two: Joondalup 47 defeated Perth Bayswater 6 at Pat O’Hara Reserve, Morley.

Joondalup will aim to return to form when they take on Perth Bayswater at HBF Arena Sportsplex.

The Brothers are winless in their last three starts, most recently going down to Palmyra, 23-13. After a promising start to the season many has dropped to eighth on the ladder in recent weeks. With plenty of rugby left to play this season Joondalup will attack this week with the hope of climbing back up the ladder.

Perth Bayswater remain winless in 2015 after going down to second place Nedlands, 44-14. Despite a lack of results so far this season, ‘Baysie’ are putting in strong efforts week-to-week and are eyeing off an upset against Joondalup.

Joondalup: 1. TBA, 2. Lleywllyn Lottering, 3. Laione Mulikihaamea, 4. Matthew Hall, 5. Ryan Williams, 6. Matthew Holland, 7. Max Fryer, 8. Adam Wallis, 9. Johann Louw, 10. Carlos Waretini, 11. Michael Connolly, 12. James Wepener, 13. Maalonga Konelio, 14.Tamati Young, 15. Lui Guivalu.
    Perth Bayswater: 1. Neil Boland, 2. Ben Buist, 3. Adam Grant, 4. Ngaruhe Jones, 5. Joel Winterburn, 6. Douglas Grey-Hull, 7. Jake Buist, 8. James Elaschewsky, 9. Troy Mete, 10. Ollie Clements, 11. Reuben Haile, 12. Kolia Konelio, 13. Wayde Bryant, 14. Carlos Flutey-Clarke, 15. Wayne Thompson.

UWA (7) v Wests Scarborough (1) at McGillivray Oval, Mt Claremont
    Round Two: Wests Scarborough 23 defeated UWA 22 at Bennett Park, Doubleview.

Wests Scarborough will once again defend their unblemished record in 2015 when they travel to McGillivray Oval to take on UWA.

The Boars were at their attacking best in Round 10, putting in a dominant performance to run over the top of Kalamunda, 37-10. Wests ran in four tries to claim their sixth bonus point of the season and maintain a two-point lead over Nedlands.

UWA will be keen to bounce back in Round 11 after an eight-point loss to Cottesloe last week. Consistency continues to be an issue for UWA this season with flashes of brilliance marred by some costly errors. ‘Uni’ know they can match it with competitions best after going down to Wests by just a single point in their last meeting and will be confident they can cause an upset in front of their home crowd.

UWA: 1. Nevin Mills 2. Jason Vassilly, 3. Jacob Gianoli, 4. Tim Carslaw, 5. Brent Murphy , 6. Tala Moli, 7. Cian O'Connor, 8. Richard Hardwick, 9. Ethan Carlisle, 10. Ryan de Franck, 11. Christian Joubert , 12. Clay Uyen, 13. Ben Taylor, 14. Mike Lees. 15. Billy Hayes.
    Wests Scarborough: 1. Chris Kidd, 2. Conrad Houkamau, 3. Dylan Crawford, 4. Matthew Obrien, 5. Hayden Anderson, 6. DJ Ferris, 7. Keith Andrews, 8. Lorenzo Devilliars, 9. Michael Marshall 10. AJ Alatimu 11. Jayden Devorms, 12. Saula Fifita, 13. Sheldon Tarawa, 14. Jordan Luke, 15. Jrome Lennaed-Tekanawa.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Thought I would wait until the teams were announced. But decided what was the point, teams named before Thursday bear little resemblance to the sides who run on to the field Saturday.
    So here goes.
    Nedlands - Kalamunda. Rightly the game of the round, Nedlands to classy for Kalamunda who will "fight' right to the end.
    Associates - Wanneroo. Soaks no contest.
    Cottesloe - Palmyra. Close and I don't really care. Palmyra to win.
    Joondalup - Perth Bayswater. Joondalup to win being far to organised for PB and will lift for their coach.
    Wests Scarborough - UWA. Wests

Player
    vCash
    Probably should have realised Super season is over for WF (pro rugby) groupies so postings slow to a crawl. If you are not into grassroots rugby then you are not a true rugby supporter.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I put this is another forum as it seemed apprpriate at the time but
    "Was going to take a trip over to Allen Park but glad I didn't having watched that game Highlanders) - except it would have been great to watch Soaks get knocked over by the Dogs."
    So as I didn't see it anyone with any info on what happened. Feel really pleased for Gibbo. As I said somehwere else I reckon IMHO he is probably the best coach in local rugby - with all respects to the others who have more cattle at their disposal.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Roodogs rolled soaks!! Good job

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    I put this is another forum as it seemed apprpriate at the time but
    "Was going to take a trip over to Allen Park but glad I didn't having watched that game Highlanders) - except it would have been great to watch Soaks get knocked over by the Dogs."
    So as I didn't see it anyone with any info on what happened. Feel really pleased for Gibbo. As I said somehwere else I reckon IMHO he is probably the best coach in local rugby - with all respects to the others who have more cattle at their disposal.
    Sorry wholetruth but I recently watched roodogs and there 3 or 4 English accents that were very audible plus a few bros' that had some age and experience. There was an 18 yr old centre I was informed. But to suggest the 1st grade team is home grown is way off the mark. Wanneroo do their fair share of recruiting don't worry about that!

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsdoin View Post
    Sorry wholetruth but I recently watched roodogs and there 3 or 4 English accents that were very audible plus a few bros' that had some age and experience. There was an 18 yr old centre I was informed. But to suggest the 1st grade team is home grown is way off the mark. Wanneroo do their fair share of recruiting don't worry about that!

Wanneroo recruited 4 players this year. 2 went to Nedlands. 1 bailed and went back to NZ just before round one. The 4th has 2 older brothers playing prems.

Of the 15 Roo Dogs that started against Soaks, 9 of these were juniors that Gibbo coached in U20s a couple of years ago (2 of them have English accents) 3 have made their way up from 3rd grade. 2 are the older Iro brothers. Whilst this group is still a way off, they are starting to realise their potential and maybe in a few years time The Roo Dogs won't have to recruit and risk losing them to other clubs....... maybe

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsdoin View Post
    Whatsdoin
    just for the record, 9 of these were juniors that played in U20s under gibbo and a total of 11 of the 19 boys that took the paddock on Saturday against Soaks were from our junior ranks of the past few years. A few boys are still eligible to play U19. Not many if any club can claim that in WA.
    The bro's you are referring to are big club men and have been around for a long time actually the vise President and his 2 brothers are among those bro's playing. The English accent is of Ceri he has been with the club as long as I have been there.
    Well done to all of the Senior committee, well done Gibbo for persisting and supporting the committee on this pathway. Well done to the boys for stepping up and make this happen.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Hopefully Ceri, being Welsh, won't be offended. For those who like trivia, he also played for the British Army and Welsh Guards teams.

Player
    vCash
    i didnt give the roodogs a hope in hell of doing this well this year especially with joondalup getting promoted i thought a few would of jumped ship and gone up there but none did( half of baysie did instead) which speaks volumes of the culture at wanneroo, up the roodogs

vCash
    An English accent in the Northern suburbs?

What is the world coming to?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johntheref View Post
    Hopefully Ceri, being Welsh, won't be offended. For those who like trivia, he also played for the British Army and Welsh Guards teams.
    haha yea apologies to me it all sounds the same maybe I should have said British LOL

Champion
    vCash
    Whatsdoin you've lobbed in here,talked a bit of shit, bagged a few people out and posted downright lies all in the space of a few weeks. Posting the gospel truth around here is extremely optional but just don't get caught out.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Posting the gospel truth around here is extremely optional but just don't get caught out.
    Words from the master

C'mon the