Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wallabies Train On Squad Confirmed - 5 Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Farcical ... if true, this can't be right. Mumm had a storming season with Exeter Chiefs who finished just outside the top 4 in England, but still play in the second tier Eurpean competition. He was captaining them as well, he's a huge asset with form over & above anything that Messrs Horwill & Simmon can produce.

Cheeeeka wants him for the tahs, then he can't, so doesn't want him for the wallabies when the first squads are always 45+ players ?
    You're not allowed to praise NSW players on this forum

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    You're not allowed to praise NSW players on this forum
    Wrong! He also bagged two Reds so it's OK.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Nah shasta cardinal sin praising NSW players. Banish thee heathen!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Wrong! He also bagged two Reds so it's OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Nah shasta cardinal sin praising NSW players. Banish thee heathen!
    Rough call, there's a little good and a little bad here!

Nobody's a saint

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Happy to see the Force players who made the squad, hopefully they'll hang on in there and make the actual world cup squad, but time will tell.

I feel for Cheese. I wish he had a better season, actually if I'm wishing for things, I wish the Force had a better season.

But really, it's different with other guys who didn't make it. This will most likely be the only world cup he'll be able to play in. Fair fcks to him if he's still playing at this level he is now in four years time when he's 30.
    It's difficult, whether he admits it or not, to compete with other players, and the older he gets the more his CF will deteriorate, sadly that's just the way the disease works.

He's up against difficult odds regardless, even now, when Cheika was looking at putting that squad together and it was between him and the other hookers like Fainga. If it's a close call, why risk bring Charles, especially if there's not much in it. Going over to England, changing climate, effects of air quality etc. you just don't know how it will effect him.

Now he would most likely be fine, 95% of the time he is fine, he's like any of the other players but the odd time, he is effected by it. Cheika was with the Tahs when Cheese was effected by it and collapsed after the match.
    With such limited places, it's a big call to make. Now they'd obviously never admit it, but it probably played a factor in his exclusion.
    Now obviously if his form was good enough, he'd be going, regardless, it's just a pity that it's not.

So I really feel for him. Hopefully, by some miracle he'll get called up, but I doubt it.

Player
    vCash
    Surprised Lopeti Timani wasn't included from the Rebels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    Surprised Lopeti Timani wasn't included from the Rebels.
    Same. I reckon cheika could have gave him a run at either 6 or 8 and could cover lock at a pinch. Also surprised Inman didn't get a tap on the shoulder.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    No Brumbies or NSW players are in that training squad yet. Expect them to be added as they bow out of the title race.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    Same. I reckon cheika could have gave him a run at either 6 or 8 and could cover lock at a pinch. Also surprised Inman didn't get a tap on the shoulder.
    Timani has a great running game, makes tackles (Misses 1.4 per game), makes lots of ruck clean outs and scores a try almost every game.

BUT

1. He does not win Line Outs - averages 0.3 LOW per game (most Locks average >4, No6 or No 8 make at least 1, McMahon 2 & Fardy 3, Higgers 2.5, Schatz 5)

2. He makes 3 x the Handling Errors of others - ~3 per 80 minutes. An Error - Makes 1.1 Handling Errors per game.

3. He makes only 0.2 Turn Overs per 80 minutes. Expect a lot more from a 6 or 8. (Fardy and McCalman close to 1 TOW per 80 min.

But he's only 24 so he's got plenty of time to address these aspects of his game.
    He would be better playing 6 or 8, and may well do after Higgers moves on, but not this year.

Last edited by andrewg; 18-06-15 at 00:13.

vCash
    Agree with all that andrewg just think because of his size he seems a good option at 6. Looked so much better as a loosie than when he played at lock for the Rebels (as did Mafi).

I Personally like McMahon but he needs an extra 10 kgs and 5-10cm for him to be effective the way international tests are played. Don't think Fardy runs at the line enough for cheika's liking. Cheika favours the big boppers and I guess Timani can mature in time into an effective 6 as you say.

Have also seen enough of pocock this super rugby season to give the 'pooper' scenario a go and we would not be missing out on anything.

Could also run Mcmahon, McCalman and Hooper and go for quick reycling of the ball and run the opposition piggies ragged and play to our obvious strength (speed) in the backrow. Cant see that happening with cheika as coach though.

food for thought. Roll on RWC2015!

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reb90 View Post
    it was between him and the other hookers like Fainga. If it's a close call, why risk bring Charles
    because Faingaa plays rugby as well as aged Brie

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2