Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies Train On Squad Confirmed - 5 Force

Senior Player
    vCash

Wallabies Train On Squad Confirmed - 5 Force

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsArt...-on-Squad.aspx

With the Melbourne Rebels, Queensland Reds and Western Force’s Asteron Life Super Rugby campaigns coming to end, Qantas Wallabies Head Coach Michael Chieka has named a preliminary train-on squad for the opening round of The Rugby Championship on July 18 against South Africa in Brisbane.

Selected players will assemble in Brisbane from Monday 22 June and train out of Ballymore, before their first official camp on July 5 in Caloundra on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.

Additional players from the Brumbies and NSW Waratahs will be confirmed at the end of their respective Super Rugby seasons.

The Preliminary Qantas Wallabies Train-on Squad* for The Rugby Championship is:

MELBOURNE REBELS
    Paul Alo-Emile^
    Scott Higginbotham
    Luke Jones
    Sean McMahon
    Toby Smith^

QUEENSLAND REDS
    Quade Cooper
    Saia Fainga’a
    Will Genia
    Liam Gill
    James Hanson
    James Horwill
    Greg Holmes
    Karmichael Hunt^
    Samu Kerevi^
    James O’Connor
    Rob Simmons
    James Slipper

WESTERN FORCE
    Adam Coleman^
    Nick Cummins
    Tetera Faulkner
    Ben McCalman
    Matt Hodgson

*Brumbies and NSW Waratahs players excluded

^Uncapped

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    By the time they add the 23 Tahs and half a dozen Brumbies..the squad will be huge!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Cannot see how Karmichael Hunt gets a run - he has been average in my opinion. Also surprised the Badger got a run - personally I wouldn't have picked either of them on form (as much as I like Nick and his attitude)
    Even more so with O'connor - has done bugger all since returning (probably the least deserving of the lot on form)
    Good to see Hanson in there, he has had a great year, the Rebels have made a smart recruitment getting him, probably the form rake in Australia at the moment - pity Cheese has had such a quiet year.
    Also excellent to see Adam Coleman in the group, let's hope it helps him develop further

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Macattack; 14-06-15 at 19:22.

vCash
    Squad to be thinned out lots methinks.
    Chekis wilk just start with everyone & then go smaller - like every other coach is doing

vCash
    Great to see Paulie Alo Emile in there

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Adam Coleman
    Samu Kerevi
    Future of the Wallabies

Paul Alo-Emile
    Sad to see him go otherwise he would be with the other two. Perhaps a cap to ensure he can't play against us in Blue.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    As others have stated, watch these numbers get cut as the other two teams drop out of the comp.

Frankly, I'm amazed anybody from the Force other than Benny Mac is there, so I'll take the overload of fragile Reds with the same pinch of salt.

Wait until they name the touring party, that's when we can start crowing.

On the other hand, each of these players now give themselves the opportunity to prove their worth on the training paddock.
    I genuinely think Adam has the measure of Horwill and Simmons, and he seems to play as a different animal than Luke Jones....I'd suggest there's room for both of them in the squad, but it depends how much room is left after Cheika picks Skelton, Dennis, Fardy, Arnold, and whoever rides the pine for the Tahs!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I think The Badger will get a chance in RC to show if he still has it when playing in a team of stars, if he "doesn't cut the mustard" then, he can start his fishing tour while the RWC is on.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I think The Badger will get a chance in RC to show if he still has it when playing in a team of stars, if he "doesn't cut the mustard" then, he can start his fishing tour while the RWC is on.
    Fishing for whitebait

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    As others have stated, watch these numbers get cut as the other two teams drop out of the comp.

Frankly, I'm amazed anybody from the Force other than Benny Mac is there, so I'll take the overload of fragile Reds with the same pinch of salt.

On the other hand, each of these players now give themselves the opportunity to prove their worth on the training paddock.
    I genuinely think Adam has the measure of Horwill and Simmons, and he seems to play as a different animal than Luke Jones....I'd suggest there's room for both of them in the squad, but it depends how much room is left after Cheika picks Skelton, Dennis, Fardy, Arnold, and whoever rides the pine for the Tahs!
    And also include Mumms in the picture as cheiks will some howget him in to....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

!
    Speaking about fishing trips; just suss out the Mungos and start getting some practice right away.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A SANZAR technicality is set to deny returning lock Dean Mumm the chance to play in this year’s World Cup.

Mumm has played three games for the Waratahs since rejoining the side from English club Exeter, but any player signed midway from overseas must play four Super Rugby games to be eligible for the finals.

The Tahs have a shortage of depth at lock but the Waratahs’ bid to have the rule bent for Mumm has failed, and coach Michael Cheika, who is also coach of the Wallabies, says the inability of Mumm to play in the finals means he won’t consider him for the Wallabies campaign later this year.
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1227399247623

vCash
    Chiekamate!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    A SANZAR technicality is set to deny returning lock Dean Mumm the chance to play in this year’s World Cup.

Mumm has played three games for the Waratahs since rejoining the side from English club Exeter, but any player signed midway from overseas must play four Super Rugby games to be eligible for the finals.

The Tahs have a shortage of depth at lock but the Waratahs’ bid to have the rule bent for Mumm has failed, and coach Michael Cheika, who is also coach of the Wallabies, says the inability of Mumm to play in the finals means he won’t consider him for the Wallabies campaign later this year.
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1227399247623
    The way I read it is that he is not eligible for Super Rugby Finals because of a SANZAR rule and Chieka has just said "for now" he won't consider him for RWC. It does not say that because he has not played the four Super Rugby games he is not eligible for RWC, it is just Chieka making his own judgement call on that, his hand is not forced on that one.......watch this space I say.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post

Michael Cheika, who is also coach of the Wallabies, says the inability of Mumm to play in the finals means he won’t consider him for the Wallabies campaign later this year.
    Farcical ... if true, this can't be right. Mumm had a storming season with Exeter Chiefs who finished just outside the top 4 in England, but still play in the second tier Eurpean competition. He was captaining them as well, he's a huge asset with form over & above anything that Messrs Horwill & Simmon can produce.

Cheeeeka wants him for the tahs, then he can't, so doesn't want him for the wallabies when the first squads are always 45+ players ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast