Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: force v rebels

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    14 point play there by Brache!!
    poor bloke still doesn't have a try to his name, but he definitely earnt that one!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good article in Saturday's West mentioning how ARU throw massive funds at Tahs and Reds whereas Force only get $100,00 and money for community rugby. Nice to finally have it published in the news for a change, just what we all know. Might remind people how hard it is to compete in acquiring personnel with no money. Bring on a level playing field ARU!

vCash
    well... didn't that last game sum up the season - struggled to watch it all the way through; & we won!?!?!

vCash
    fuck it was cold.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Matt Hodgson was saying on his FB that he had been credited with his personal best 36 tackles.
    Yep 36 tackles for the match and he was ranked in top 40 tacklers for the entire season yet he only played half the games. A true work horse

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    congrats to both Matt and Chris making fox's team of the week.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1227400675875

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Here's what I don't understand:

Foley was quoted pre-game that the players had license to express themselves. Or something like that. Now I struggled to watch the game, but the bits I saw didn't show anything like that. Marcie anticipating a pass and intercepting it while hot on defence, while very specky, doesn't comply with directive. If you're expressing yourselves, you get the ball to The Badger. Unless you're Godwin, who has been expressing himself all season and NOT passing the ball to The Badger, nor anyone else really...

Also, what do we suppose Inman said when hand-shaking post match? Quite a few of the lads reacted, didn't they?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I thought Will Steenkamp was very restrained from not snotting him.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Here's what I don't understand:

Foley was quoted pre-game that the players had license to express themselves. Or something like that. Now I struggled to watch the game, but the bits I saw didn't show anything like that. Marcie anticipating a pass and intercepting it while hot on defence, while very specky, doesn't comply with directive. If you're expressing yourselves, you get the ball to The Badger. Unless you're Godwin, who has been expressing himself all season and NOT passing the ball to The Badger, nor anyone else really...

Also, what do we suppose Inman said when hand-shaking post match? Quite a few of the lads reacted, didn't they?
    I finished watching it today. Some of our decision making was bad and the kicking the ball away when we were on attack very frustrating but we barely had the chance to play in that second half. The Rebels had all the ball. We very rarely had possession on their half. I only counted about 3 occasions.

I kind of what it means to tell players to express themselves. I feel like the kind of expression we are looking for requires coaching. Coaching players to present themselves to take the ball in motion. Coaching players to turn in contact to get the offload off. Coaching players to anticipate the offload. I'd have liked to see the Force mix up the kicking options with some mid range contestable kicks out of territory (like Sheehan and Badger used to pull off). Throw some unpredictability into the mix.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I finished watching it today. Some of our decision making was bad and the kicking the ball away when we were on attack very frustrating but we barely had the chance to play in that second half. The Rebels had all the ball. We very rarely had possession on their half. I only counted about 3 occasions.

I kind of what it means to tell players to express themselves. I feel like the kind of expression we are looking for requires coaching. Coaching players to present themselves to take the ball in motion. Coaching players to turn in contact to get the offload off. Coaching players to anticipate the offload. I'd have liked to see the Force mix up the kicking options with some mid range contestable kicks out of territory (like Sheehan and Badger used to pull off). Throw some unpredictability into the mix.

"Requires Coaching" pretty much sums up the team this year.

vCash
    Very pleasing to see both Chris Heiberg and Matt Hodgson get selected in the FoxSports Rugby Team of the Week for their efforts against the Rebels.

Mighty effort by Chris Heiberg in his first run-on match.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1227400675875

1. Chris Heiberg (Force) – In his first Super Rugby start Heiberg made a statement leading every other prop with the most runs (11), run metres (42) and tackles (16) in Week 18.

7. Matt Hodgson (Force) – Tackled himself to a standstill as the Force held out the Rebels time and time again; Hodgson finished the match with the most tackles in a Super Rugby game since 2011 making 32 tackles and missing just two.
    (Fox's stats are always different from everybody elses. Seems that his tackles were at least 29, maybe 32 and possibly 36)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8