Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: force v rebels

vCash
    Some Defence Figures:

Matt Hodgson: 29 Tackles, 4 Missed - 88%; 50 Rucks (29 Attack/21 Defence)

I asked who was going to stand-up for McCalmaman.
    It was Gus at the Rucks but we missed Ben's ball carries.
    Angus Cottrell: 15 Tackles, 0 Missed - 100%; 41 Rucks (24 Attack/17 Defence).

Chris Alcock (55 min): 8 Tackles at 100%; 30 Rucks (19 Attack/11 Defence)

Kyle Godwin: 15 Tackles, 1 Missed - 94%; 16 Rucks.

Chris Heiberg: 16 Tackles, 1 Missed - 94%; 15 Rucks

Marcel Brache (66min): 14 Tackles at 100%.

Couple of mistakes/poor decisions killed momentum going forward.
    Strong period of pressure and good play before Heiberg didn't make the grass.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Two big notables for me in the game last night were that our 2014 defence returned and Hodgo was a McCaw-like pest at the breakdown, constantly playing on the edge and slowing down their ball. As usual he had a very big impact on the game (what a legend).
    Good to end a very disappointing season with a win.

PS, also very impressed with Heiberg's effort - he definitely will have won some supporters amongst the sea of blue last night

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Heiberg was great! And he's a complete gentleman off the field as well. Hope he stays with us :-))

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Two big notables for me in the game last night were that our 2014 defence returned and Hodgo was a McCaw-like pest at the breakdown, constantly playing on the edge and slowing down their ball. As usual he had a very big impact on the game (what a legend). Good to end a very disappointing season with a win. PS, also very impressed with Heiberg's effort - he definitely will have won some supporters amongst the sea of blue last night
    Also thought Brache had another excellent game - great attitude. You even see him running into the forwards to gee them up when they have a win at scrum time/hold player up in maul etc.

I had to wipe my eyes to check I was actually seeing straight at one stage. One of our wingers pinning their ears back and having a run! Granted - they don't get much ball to play with. He may be a turnstile in defense sometimes, but on offence he usually beats defenders and is a great finisher. Please can we have a new backs coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    No-one's complaining about the ref this week :>
    Actually, I thought the ref was doing whatever he could to get the Rebels over the line yesterday, only for them to miss their kicks! However, this view *may* have been affected by alcohol.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    No-one's complaining about the ref this week :>
    Oh, don't get us wrong he was shit....but we don't complain when it splatters both teams evenly.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Oh, don't get us wrong he was shit....but we don't complain when it splatters both teams evenly.
    My comment was a direct response to the "try" that he ruled for the Force

vCash
    My comment was a direct response to the "try" that he ruled for the Force
    What was wrong with Morahan's try?

If you are talking about Heidburg's try, then that was the TMO, and I agree that the TMO couldn't see the ball being grounded. Whether it was grounded or not doesn't matter if the officials can't see it.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    I'd have Mitch Inman back playing for us in the centres. You can never have enough "Mitch's" in your team...........I think we have one hidden on our roster somewhere!
    No we don't

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Watch the hand shakes at the end of tge game. I dont think Mitch wòuld be flavour of the month with Force team mates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    And Karma came back for the Reds with Bryant- hallelujah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Watch the hand shakes at the end of tge game. I dont think Mitch wòuld be flavour of the month with Force team mates.
    There would be some hazing that's for sure

vCash
    The battle of the Forward Packs - but especially of the Back Rows.
    Some impressive work rates from both teams.
    Rebels had 65% Possession & 65 Territory. Rebs stats weighted towards supporting ball carriers.
    Fantastic Defensive effort by our lads.

Attachment 3862

Attachment 3863

Attachment 3864

[Attachment 3865

Last edited by andrewg; 14-06-15 at 21:46.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Friday, 12 June 2015

FORCE FINISHES SEASON WITH VICTORY OVER REBELS

The Western Force has finished its 2015 Asteron Life Super Rugby season with a 13-11 victory over the Melbourne Rebels at AAMI Park tonight.

In a farewell to club stalwarts Sam Wykes and Patrick Dellit, the Force built the victory on the back of a tough and tenacious defensive effort, and held a slim 6-3 half-time lead following a try-less first half.

While the two sides swapped five-pointers in the second term – to wingers Luke Morahan and Telusa Veainu – it was Zack Holmes’ conversion from out wide, in an unblemished goal-kicking display, that ultimately proved the difference.

The Force’s try against the run of play, when amidst sustained pressure from the Rebels inside the Force’s quarter, Marcel Brache raced out of the line to intercept a pass and put speedster Morahan away to score.

The Western Australian club finishes the season with three wins, two against reigning champions, the NSW Waratahs, and tonight’s victory over the Reblels.

Tickets for the 2015 Nathan Sharpe Medal Dinner will go on sale to the general public on Friday, 12 June. Click here for more details on the Nathan Sharpe Medal Dinner.

WHAT THEY SAID… Michael Foley, Western Force Head Coach
    “It was a lot of guts shown by the team. The Rebels have had a season similar to what we had last year and they were on a roll. They had some very good wins here and coming into the game you’re well aware that they’re trying to make their home a fortress. It was an important game for them with Scotty [Higginbotham] finishing up and having been such an instrumental player for them over the last couple of years and I’m just incredibly proud of our guys. It’s been a tough year on the back of what was a good year last year. Fighting to the end and coming up with the win was very important to us.”

2015 Asteron Life Super Rugby – Week 18
    Friday, 12 June 2015 at AAMI Park, Melbourne Kick-off: 7.40pm (local)/5.40pm (AWST) Crowd: 9,653

Western Force 13 (Luke Morahan try; Zack Holmes 1/1 conversion, 2/2 penalty goals) defeated Melbourne Rebels 11 (Telusa Veainu try; Mike Harris 0/1 conversion, 2/4 penalty goals, 0/1 drop goals)

Half time: Western Force 6-3
    Yellow Cards: Nil
    Red Cards: Nil
    Referee: Andrew Lees

WESTERN FORCE
    Western Force: 1. Chris Heiberg, 2. Nathan Charles, 3. Tetera Faulkner, 4. Sam Wykes, 5. Steve Mafi, 6. Chris Alcock, 7. Matt Hodgson (c), 8. Angus Cottrell, 9. Alby Mathewson, 10. Zack Holmes, 11. Nick Cummins, 12. Kyle Godwin, 13. Marcel Brache, 14. Luke Morahan, 15. Dane Haylett-Petty.

Reserves: 16. Heath Tessmann, 17. Oliver Hoskins, 18. Guy Millar, 19. Wilhelm Steenkamp, 20. Brynard Stander, 21. Ryan Louwrens, 22. Luke Burton, 23. Patrick Dellit.

Head Coach: Michael Foley

MELBOURNE REBELS
    Melbourne Rebels: 1. Toby Smith, 2. Pat Leafa, 3. Paul Alo-Emile, 4. Luke Jones, 5. Lopeti Timani, 6. Sean McMahon, 7. Colby Fainga’a, 8. Scott Higginbotham, 9. Nic Stirzaker, 10. Jack Debreczeni, 11. Cam Crawford, 12. Mitch Inman, 13. Tom English, 14. Bryce Hegarty, 15. Mike Harris.

Reserves: 16. Tom Sexton, 17. Cruze Ah-Nau, 18. Tim Metcher, 19. Sam Jeffries, 20. Scott Fuglistaller, 21. Jordy Reid, 22. Ben Meehan, 23. Telusa Veainu.

Head Coach: Tony McGahan

BY THE CLOCK
    Min Score
    2 Colby Faingaa is penalised for not releasing the player. Zack Holmes kicks the penalty goal. 0-3
    15 Matt Hodgson is penalised for not rolling away at the ruck. Mike Harris opens the scoring for the home side. 3-3
    18 Faingaa is penalised for playing the ball off his feet. Holmes adds his second penalty. 3-6
    27 Flanker Angus Cottrell is caught for not joining the maul correctly. Harris pushes the penalty attempt to the right. 3-6
    31 Cam Crawford bursts onto an inside ball from a scrum inside his own half. From the next phase, Crawford is again into the action to cross adjacent to the posts. However, TMO Peter Marshall denies the try, ruling that Tom English has impeded Kyle Godwin in the lead-up to the try. 3-6
    HALF TIME 3-6
    51 After having all the early running of the second half, the Rebels draw a penalty inside the Force quarter when Tetera Faulkner is ruled to have intentionally wheeled the scrum. Harris kicks the penalty. 6-6
    63 The Force scrum is penalised for collapsing. Harris slips during his approach to the penalty attempt, pushing it to the right. 6-6
    66 Following a sustained build-up by the Rebels, Marcel Brache intercepts the ball inside his 22m and links with Luke Morahan, who races away to score. Holmes converts from out wide. 6-13
    71 From a lineout on the 22m line, Crawford comes into the line off his blind wing to creates the overlap and allow Telusa Veainu to slide over in the corner. Harris misses the conversion attempt from the sideline. 11-13
    79 Harris pushes a last-ditch drop goal attempt to the right of the posts. 11-13
    FULL TIME 11-13

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Matt Hodgson was saying on his FB that he had been credited with his personal best 36 tackles.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast