Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Force v Brumbies Round 17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    How can anybody of sound mind select Wykes over Mafi unless he is carrying an injury??
    I think that there must be a niggle.

Despite his couple of good runs, his ruck involvement against the Reds was about 50% of his normal.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    only 3 i think are worth making an effort to keep.
    Badger
    Koteka
    Brache

the rest havent made a good enough effort or have had limited opportunities to shine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    actually it just dawned on me that it is Wykes last ever home game so this might be the reason
    Foley sat Sheehan on the pine and wouldn't give him a minute of game time in his last match from memory, I wouldn't say Foley is overly sentimental, he thinks Wykes is our best option at Lock for the game.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    only 3 i think are worth making an effort to keep.
    It is an interesting one. I had high hopes for Zack Holmes, but there seems to be something gone on there. I hope it isn't another case like Brock James where he is seen as not fitting into the game-plan, when it is perhaps that which should be examined. If he is going to go though, it is probably Q'ld most in need of another option at 10 (assuming Cooper flits).
    I certainly agree on Kane Koteka and Marcel Brache - I'd keep both for sure assuming they want to stay. For Koteka in particular, I'd also say there probably isn't a better place to learn backrow play than here.
    I'd also keep Tessman as well, unless there is a clearly better player available that we haven't heard about. I think he's always done everything we've required of him without any fuss and you have to respect that.
    Nick is always welcome but I'm not sure commuting is sustainable and I doubt we'll see him next year. It would be good to see him back once he's done overseas, but we can worry about that when it comes up. In the meantime, I hope we have a successor identified.
    As for the other two, I am ambivalent. I think they are both good players and our game-plan probably doesn't do them any favours when it comes to showing what they have got. So I'd be worried that judgement of a "better" replacement would only be based on defence, which will only compound our purely defensive mindset and attacking toothlessness. That said, as it is I'm not sure they offer anything much more than some of our developing options so you could question the value we get for the money spent.

vCash
    Kane Koteka is part of the Future Force program I doubt he is going anywhere, he only had a contact due to the number of games he played in.

Still learning and will be with us for a long while I suspect.

Sias probably still nursing the hammering from the weekend therefore the other changes.

Wykes deserves a start for his last match and as he was Foley's captain pick while Hodgo was out not surprised by that selection.

On training on Monday Scott and Lacey were with the rehab group so I suspect thaey are carrying injuries.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I'd love to see Koteka and Holmes develop further as WA players. Brache should consider a move to Europe and playing for the USA, it's certainly a possible career option for him, especially as it's a pathway to test rugby and the world cup

Dellit is always a conundrum for me. I can't see the value in retaining him as a bench guy, but I still think of how good he was in the centres a couple of seasons ago, and I wonder whether new coaching staff or gameplan revisions could get him back to that form again next season?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    On training on Monday Scott and Lacey were with the rehab group so I suspect they are carrying injuries.
    Crushed souls from lack of opportunity I suspect!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Dellit is always a conundrum for me. I can't see the value in retaining him as a bench guy, but I still think of how good he was in the centres a couple of seasons ago, and I wonder whether new coaching staff or gameplan revisions could get him back to that form again next season?
    At 192 cm if he could put on another 6 or 7kg he could be a real line breaker. He's listed at 100kg at the moment. Needs to do something to reinvent himself.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    going to have to miss this,flying out at sparrows on Saturday-so have given our passes to friends.This ensures the Force will have every chance!

vCash
    I better put a fiver on the Brumbies at the TAB, to ensure a Force victory.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    If we can win the Tahs once at home and once here.. anything is possible
    I admire your optimism Hertryk. I'm still rebuilding mine. Hopefully I will have my Game voice tomorrow too

vCash
    don't wanna be a bitch but....
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    “As a team – players and staff – we’re very determined to finish our home season with a strong performance in front of our supporters ,” he said.
    Is this the same determination with which they managed to avoid the wooden spoon last week?

C'mon the

vCash
    How is Steve mafi not starting? If he's fit then has to start surely

Senior Player
    vCash
    If Holmes is playing just because Sias is injured, then that's a real shame. I would have liked to have seen more of Zack. We need to hang on to Burton. I rate the kid.

Player
    vCash
    Good to see Zack back starting, I hope the game plan is one which will let him use his talents. Paddy is too good a player to be on the sidelines for a whole season, Steve Mafi unlucky not to start but will make an impact off the bench. I hope the game is still in the balance when he comes on probably around 50 minutes. Burton has shown plenty of courage but is too small and continues to try and run over much bigger players from 1st phase.
    Still don't trust Foley's game plan and sack the backs and defence coach. I'll contribute to their fares back to SA

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast