Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Force have pride on the line in Australian derbies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Puddle of Blue?
    Yeah, I thought it was optimistic too!

My biggest issue is the seeming acceptance amongst the playing group that we are just going to get rogered more often than not.

that's the part of this whole sorry disaster of a season which makes me wonder whether ten years is enough. If they went down kicking screaming and biting rather than fading gracefully into the night I would probably not be on this knife edge.

I can say though that it will take some massive news or an superhuman turn around to convince me that it isn't better to just turn up and buy a couple of tickets at the gate when I don't have anything better to do. I'm thinking of the moment that Giteau and Mitchell's signings were announced, I was running to the mailbox to find my membership renewal.......OK it didn't work out as well as it promised, but the announcement was big enough to save a lot of memberships.

I'm thinking they need to sign an awesome coach....Clive Woodward or Graham Henry big.

Maybe we could have a play at John Connolly, he seems to be some sort of miracle worker, and he's pulled Richard Graham's arse out of the fire at Qld, so probably put himself out of a job!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was optimistic too!

My biggest issue is the seeming acceptance amongst the playing group that we are just going to get rogered more often than not.

that's the part of this whole sorry disaster of a season which makes me wonder whether ten years is enough. If they went down kicking screaming and biting rather than fading gracefully into the night I would probably not be on this knife edge.

I can say though that it will take some massive news or an superhuman turn around to convince me that it isn't better to just turn up and buy a couple of tickets at the gate when I don't have anything better to do. I'm thinking of the moment that Giteau and Mitchell's signings were announced, I was running to the mailbox to find my membership renewal.......OK it didn't work out as well as it promised, but the announcement was big enough to save a lot of memberships.

I'm thinking they need to sign an awesome coach....Clive Woodward or Graham Henry big.

Maybe we could have a play at John Connolly, he seems to be some sort of miracle worker, and he's pulled Richard Graham's arse out of the fire at Qld, so probably put himself out of a job!
    This is what I believe too. Spend big on a coach that will demand excellence.

If the coach thinks we are beaten before we start you can only expect crap outcomes. I don't expect miracles but I do expect to see our best effort. I do not believe that we are seeing that at the moment.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    said that his players are not up to standard. Were the same players not up to standard last season? Way to support them and show unity mate. It's them not me all over it.
    Not a good look, even if it is close to the truth. If Ackerman acted that way the Lions (JoBurg) would not be playing the level they have this season - the squads are very similar, the differences are the Lions in attack (teachable), and the general development of the squad since they were "relegated" the other year. Attacking open rugby - whoever turns up - very entertaining. He may have signed his own notice with this comment.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2