Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pindan Premier Round 7

Champion
    vCash

Pindan Premier Round 7

Cott v Neddies
    The Neddies juggernaught is gaining momentum and I expect them to get home just.
    Paddy Dellit must have either eaten a large slice of humble pie or been given a large slice out of Richards wallet to be welcomed back into the fold after telling the hierarchy he no longer wanted to play club rugby 2 weeks ago.
    Cott will miss Force hooker Robbie Abel after getting himself suspended for 5 weeks for the overnight youtube sensation incident that went viral.Will be disappointed in himself because he is one helluva nice guy and I mean that.
    The leaked E-mail that everyone read regarding Mitchell Scott and the Cott enticement machine will add a bit more spice to the game.
    Tip Neddies by 8
    Soaks v Wests
    Another close one where Wests have finally discovered how to win the tight ones and will get home.
    There is a perception that Soaks tight 5 are a bit cream puff like and if you whack in our mob that's a lot of diary product to be on the field at any one time.
    Wests welcome back angry Anderson into the midfield after a 14 month injury layoff and will be the first time he plays with younger even angrier bro Hayden Anderson, Zack Holmes better choose the correct channel to run down wisely otherwise he'll be receiving a going away present he won't enjoy.
    Tip Wests by 12
    Paly v Kala
    Don't buy the injury crisis thing the Paly faithful are throwing out but still expect the Kala backline to have too many guns today. Will be an exciting game with both teams intent on spreading the ball. The Kala loose forwards will play a big part in the result and the Kala no 8 is the biggest player I have ever seen in Perth.
    Any team with Joe Savage leading them around the track is not to be underestimated but I think Kala today.
    Tip Kala by 4
    Scarfies v Bros
    The Bros have had a very good start to their prem debut, ambushed everyone and have massively overachieved and today it all comes crashing down.
    Uni will put them to the sword after realising that they need to play for the full 80 this week and when they get that running game roll on led by one of the best halfbacks in town Ethan Carlisle they will dominate. Will be awkward round the dinner table this week at the Carlisle's.
    It's now or never for Uni and I expect them to pick up 15 comp points in the next 3 games to end the first round to mount a finals bid.
    No disrespect to Bros but depth will be another issue to deal with as the season progresses.
    Tip Scarfies by 16
    Dogs v Baysie
    Dogs will continue on their winning ways because quite simply they are a lot better team than recent results indicate.
    Baysie by all accounts have turned the corner which for anyone with any kind of interest in club rugby will welcome.
    To keep PG Hampshire winner and lunchbox legend Dylan Timu out of his favoured 1st 5 role means the new recruit must be a handy type. Will be close but Dogs at home will be too good.
    Tip Dogs by 12
    Just an observation but can we please have assistant referees that understand and will call offside's please. It's getting worse and all it does is frustrate players and spectators. I have not bagged an official[I do it in person] in over 1100 posts but it needs to get sorted.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 23-05-15 at 07:26.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    OK I'll bite, what email?
    My picks. Neddies, Wests, Paly, Uni and Bayswater.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    You need to get out a bit more Choice. Ask Muzza but it gave everyone a good laugh.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Who's Muzza. I think you think I am Someone else.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    You need to get out a bit more Choice.
    This one

I think you are somehow related to Mitchell Scott, I think you are from the Tasman region, I think you support Neddies. I also think you have not been in Perth for long at all because if you had you would know that Muzza is one of those club stalwarts that has spent thousands of voluntary hours contributing to club rugby.
    He also doubles up as Midnight Oil lead singer Peter Garrett on occasion.

vCash
    [B]Just an observation but can we please have assistant referees that understand and will call offside's please. It's getting worse and all it does is frustrate players and spectators. I have not bagged an official[I do it in person] in over 1100 posts but it needs to get sorted.
    I'll do my best today WM - not at your game but.

Please note, though, that some of the comms gear supplied at the grounds is not always functioning optimally, so while the AR might see this alleged offside, the equipment supplied may fail to deliver the desired message.

Also remember that an AR will (should) never call a marginal offside; only call clear and obvious. Supporters will want that fringing post penalised for having his big toe beyond the last feet; that call will be for the ref in the middle.

Player
    vCash
    This one

I think you are somehow related to Mitchell Scott, I think you are from the Tasman region, I think you support Neddies. I also think you have not been in Perth for long at all because if you had you would know that Muzza is one of those club stalwarts that has spent thousands of voluntary hours contributing to club rugby.
    He also doubles up as Midnight Oil lead singer Peter Garrett on occasion.
    Not even close, came to Perth in '78 and I am from Lower Hutt. Yes I do support Nedlands and being a respectful person I know him as Muzz, not sure where the Muzza comes from.

Champion
    vCash
    Ok I'll bite too. What Robbie Abel you tube

Champion
    vCash
    [QUOTE=westies man;398688][B]
    Paddy Dellit must have either eaten a large slice of humble pie or been given a large slice out of Richards wallet to be welcomed back into the fold after telling the hierarchy he no longer wanted to play club rugby 2 weeks ago.

Scarfies v Bros
    The Bros have had a very good start to their prem debut, ambushed everyone and have massively overachieved and today it all comes crashing down.
    Uni will put them to the sword after realising that they need to play for the full 80 this week and when they get that running game roll on led by one of the best halfbacks in town Ethan Carlisle they will dominate. Will be awkward round the dinner table this week at the Carlisle's.
    It's now or never for Uni and I expect them to pick up 15 comp points in the next 3 games to end the first round to mount a finals bid.
    No disrespect to Bros but depth will be another issue to deal with as the season progresses.
    Tip Scarfies by 16

Totally misread that one, might have to rip round to Paddies joint and get myself a piece of that pie and while I'm there hopefully catch a glimpse of Angela in a nightie

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    I'll do my best today WM - not at your game but.

Please note, though, that some of the comms gear supplied at the grounds is not always functioning optimally, so while the AR might see this alleged offside, the equipment supplied may fail to deliver the desired message.

Also remember that an AR will (should) never call a marginal offside; only call clear and obvious. Supporters will want that fringing post penalised for having his big toe beyond the last feet; that call will be for the ref in the middle.
    Yeah well about that Ecky for the 3rd week in a row the comms gear wasn't working. Us guys in club land are trying our very best to deliver a well run professional set up and the people responsible for the comms gear are delivering an amateurish poorly run set up.
    Apparently they can now land men on the moon[no relation to Moono]and here in Perth assistant refs cant communicate to refs standing 50 metres away for some reason. Pugs has offered to buy the equipment out of his own pocket if that's what it takes.
    Whilst I'm at it what is the requirements for ball boy's to be made available for 1st grade matches.
    We had the farcial situation where Soaks would root the ball over the clubrooms or into the trees thus wasting 3 or 4 minutes at a time.
    It got so bad I organised Westie Boy and his team mates to do the job. It reflects badly on the home club, I do understand the problem clubs like Cott have in trying to find 4 juniors but it shouldn't be a problem for the rest of us.

vCash
    I am told the comms gear is the property of LMSC. Not the Refs' Assoc or RWA. Each fixture has a set come along with the camera dude, from whom we get the gear and to whom we give it back at the end of the day.

Dunno how LMSC maintain the comms gear, other than they make sure there are charged batteries for each. From my experience they don't maintain it. The set I used in round 1 has a sign on one microphone saying "doesn't work", or something like that. I'd have though they might have made it work at some time between last year's grand final and this year's round 1. But I thought wrong.

On a brighter note, the comms gear I used yesterday worked fine

...and I am picking up what you are putting down regards ball boys. Or ball kids. Some clubs seem pretty good at it, others not so much. Where a club's pitch is on the edge of some feature that would make it tricky to easily retrieve a ball (like Cott, Neddies, Soaks Mandurah among others) surely somebody would have thought it useful to have ball kids with a spare pill to give to the players while they go fetch the one that's gone. That they don't is amazing to me.

Champion
    vCash
    Can the dude from LMSC tell us why the clubs are getting charged for a service that they are clearly not providing. On a brighter note the young assistant ref we had yesterday made a couple of big calls during the game which I thought were wrong but the young guy at least had the kahunas to call it as he saw it so no problem at all.
    One thing I had not seen before was the two assistant referees raise the flags after a penalty kick which was successful or so everyone thought only to be overruled by the man in the middle.

Player
    vCash
    Can the dude from LMSC tell us why the clubs are getting charged for a service that they are clearly not providing. On a brighter note the young assistant ref we had yesterday made a couple of big calls during the game which I thought were wrong but the young guy at least had the kahunas to call it as he saw it so no problem at all.
    One thing I had not seen before was the two assistant referees raise the flags after a penalty kick which was successful or so everyone thought only to be overruled by the man in the middle.
    The neddies cott game wasnt flash with a depleted backline neddies showed how to win tough.against a much bigger pack the neddies forwards showed true grit to battle injury to get the points.if hoskins is wondering why hes not in the force team he did his chances no good with peanut giving him a lesson and should of been penalized alot more.cotts backs offering very little in attack they will struggle to make the top 4.ian prior who was asked to play 12 showed a great attitude to our club and fitted in with the boys and played really well at 9 when ru went off before halftime.the cott winger will be having nightmares off neddies no 2 running over him like a bus.if cott wants to improve the same style of play they have used for several years needs to change.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Saturday, 23 May 2015

NEDLANDS CAMPAIGN GATHERS STEAM WITH WIN OVER GULLS

Pindan Premier Grade – Round 7
    Nedlands 22 defeated Cottesloe 13 at Harvey Field, Cottesloe
    Wests Scarborough 25 defeated Associates 19 at Allen Park, Swanbourne
    Kalamunda 44 defeated Palmyra 22 at Tompkins Park, Alfred Cove
    Wanneroo 36 defeated Perth Bayswater 12 at Kingsway Reserve, Landsdale
    Joondalup 22 defeated UWA 16 at McGillivray Oval, Mt Claremont

By Luke Worthington

A two-try performance by scrumhalf Michael Ruru has helped Nedlands survive a near comeback onslaught by Cottesloe, giving the Foreshore club a 22-19 victory at Harvey Field today.

The home side looked set to mount a comeback in the early stages of the second half, but was denied after Nedlands prop Joseph Richie scored on a two-man overlap with only minutes left in the match.

Nedlands coach Luke Doherty said he was happy with his team’s ability to come away with the points against such a tough side.

“Coming down to ‘Cott’ is always a tough place to play, but I was pretty happy with the boys performance especially our forwards,” he said.

“I thought they laid out a really good platform and they worked it hard in close.

“We lost Ru [Michael Ruru] in the first half, which was pretty important to us, but we also had Ian Prior on the field which softened the blow a bit, and I thought he was outstanding in the second half.

“I know he [Prior] moves the ball quickly from the base of the ruck, so the game definitely sped up from the first half.

“They definitely stretched our bench by the end of the game and we had a lot of guys playing out of position, so I’m very pleased with the guys effort.”

Both teams took almost 20 minutes to open up the scoring, with Nedlands caught offside to give Cottesloe scrumhalf Charl Nieuwenhuis a shot at goal from almost directly in front, putting the Gulls up 3-0.

However, a strong series of phases in the Cottesloe 22 allowed Nedlands scrumhalf Michael Ruru to cross the line under the posts. Ian Prior converted to put Nedlands up 7-3 at the 25th minute.

The game continued to be flow back and forth, before a leg injury to the dangerous Ross Haylett-Petty took some of the sting out of Cottesloe forward pack.

Ruru scored his second try of the day in the same fashion as his first, crossing the line by diving over from the base of a breakdown. Prior again converted from directly in front, giving the away side a 14-3 lead.

The Cottesloe forwards scored their first try with multiple phases through the 22 sending flanker Angus Duckett over the line. The try scored directly under the post enabled Nieuwenhuis to convert, closing the gap to 14-10.

Nieuwenhuis then added another penalty, putting the home side within one point of Nedlands, 14-13.

However, Cottesloe’s comeback chances were dealt a blow when Richie took advantage of a two-man overlap to score. Prior was unable to convert from the sideline, leaving Nedlands up 19-13 with 10 minutes left in the game.

Prior then extinguished any hope for a Cottesloe win, scoring a penalty from in front with only minutes left, to seal Nedlands’ 22-13 win.

In other results, Wests Scarborough continued their unbeaten run with a 25-19 win over Associates 25-19; Kalamunda upset Palmyra, 44-24; Joondalup won back the RugbyWA Cup, defeating UWA 22-16; and Waneroo recorded their second successive win with a 36-12 victory over Perth Bayswater.

Nedlands 22 (Michael Ruru 2, Joseph Richie tries; Ian Prior 2 conversions; Ian Prior 2 penalty goal) defeated Cottesloe 13 (Angus Duckett try; Charl Nieuwenhuis conversion; Charl Nieuwenhuis 2 penalty goals).

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Spoke to LMSC at the Kala v Wests game as I have the same non working comms from the week before. He told me that RugbyWA signed the contract with them so late they weren't able to put the order for the new gear through in time for the start of the season. Also spoke to the providers of the Super Rugby Comms (Murray Tregoning and Assocs) - a single set is worth $8,000. 3 officials x 5 Prem games = $120,000. Sponsors welcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast