Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Contract Renewals

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Front page updated with Marcel

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Now we just need 1 more quality lock and a quality finisher out wide, if not 2 of each (assuming the others all re-sign).

vCash
    Although some don't see it, I think this is excellent news

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Just noticed we still have Mitch Scott next season - that's great news as I thought he'd gone back to NZ permanently.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    saw him playing for tasman this evening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    saw him playing for tasman this evening
    And playing well! Could have side stepped Coopers side step! Rephrase he could have tackled Cooper. Cooper would have bitch slapped him in the face!

Having watched Melbourne yesterday and ad pain today why the hell is Debranski (or whatever) not on the bloody plane to Europe? He's a play maker, he's a kicker, he's big for a 10, nobody knows him outside of.... Oh Melbourne! Sorry just answered my own question!

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    And playing well! Could have side stepped Coopers side step! Rephrase he could have tackled Cooper. Cooper would have bitch slapped him in the face!

Having watched Melbourne yesterday and ad pain today why the hell is Debranski (or whatever) not on the bloody plane to Europe? He's a play maker, he's a kicker, he's big for a 10, nobody knows him outside of.... Oh Melbourne! Sorry just answered my own question!
    World Cup just came 1 year too early for him I think. I think he will be the next long term #10 for Australia

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The Rhino I has signed for two more years

vCash
    Fantastic news, great guy and player with all heart.

Thank you for re-signing Brynard, looking forward to some more barnstorming runs next season.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Veteran
    vCash
    The Rhino I has signed for two more years
    I hope he can start to have more impact when he comes on. I am not excited about this signing, but would love to be proven wrong.

vCash
    Not sure if I missed the announcement but yesterday's match day program mentioned Ross Haylett a Petty signed a contract with the Force during the week, I suspect it is again EPS, anyone have details?

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Morahan Latest to Re-commit to Force

By David Berrie on Mon 14th September 15

Flyer Luke Morahan has re-signed with the Western Force and will remain at the club for at least another season.

The express-paced outside back – who has re-signed for one year with the option of a second – was the club’s leading try scorer in 2015 (five tries) and brings with him a wealth of experience, having played seven seasons and 68 matches of Asteron Life Super Rugby, been a long-term representative in the Australia Sevens side, as well as having played one Test for the Wallabies.

Morahan’s is the latest in a spate of re-signings for the Western Force, including Francois van Wyk, Marcel Brache and Brynard Srander, that coincides with the start of the Western Force’s membership season, with a range of new membership options and improvements – including free memberships for children under 16, and priority access to the Wallabies Test match at the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium) – for the 2016 Asteron Life Super Rugby season.

“I’m really excited about where the club’s heading and it made it a very easy decision to re-sign,” Morahan said. “I’ve enjoyed my last two years here, we’ve got a great and very committed group of people here that are all working very hard towards a common goal.

“Over the past few years we’ve been growing and gaining valuable experience as a squad. We’ve got a lot of young guys that have been given opportunities and we’ve now added a few new signings that bring further competition within the team. We know that we can compete with the best backlines in the competition, but to now have that additional depth and added experience within our backline is a significant benefit to us as a team.

“Personally, I had an injury setback [hamstring] last year, which was made easier because we were doing well. This year, I was really happy to get a full season under my belt – which was the first time in a few years I’d been able to do that in any team. It was great to be able to get a few tries this year which is something I’m really keen to do over the next period, as well as playing as consistently as I can.

“We’ve done a lot of work reviewing last season; we’ve had a lot of hard discussions but they’ve been very productive and we’re all very focused now on looking forward. What we’ve been working on and how we’ve trained over the last two months already has me very excited about what we can do as a team next season.”

Morahan says that the inclusion of his former Southport School and Queensland Reds teammates – Jono Lance and Ben Tapuai – to the Force squad from 2016, will provide further experience and competition into the Western Australian backline.

“I’ve played a lot of football with them through school and early on at the Reds; I know how they play and it’s exciting to have the chance to pick up those combinations again,” he said.

“They’ll both be great for the club – on and off the field. Importantly, they’ll also bring a wealth of knowledge with them, having been members of some of the best backlines in the world. Jono has been a member of Super

Rugby-winning teams at two separate clubs, Ben recently played very well for the Baa-Baas, and has been with the Wallabies and Reds. That knowledge they’ll bring and the competition they’ll provide will be really good for us next year.”

Western Force Head Coach Michael Foley says Morahan has developed into a key attacking threat within the Force backline.

“Luke has done well since he’s been at the club, including being our top try scorer this year,” he said.

“What’s most exciting is that he is yet to reach his full potential. He has the skill set to play both back three and centre, which will become an integral part of the way we’ll play in 2016.

“The way he’s tackling his preparation for the 2016 season is allowing him to be a strong role model within the squad.”

Western Force memberships are now available for the 2016 season! Click here for more information or to get yours now!

Name: Luke Morahan
    Born: 13/04/1990, Brisbane
    Position: Winger/fullback/outside centre
    Club: Kalamunda
    Height: 189cm
    Weight: 95kg
    Super Rugby caps: 68
    Super Rugby points: 90 (18 tries)
    Super Rugby debut: 2009 (Reds) v Lions, Brisbane
    Test caps: 1
    Test points: 0
    Test debut: 2012 v Scotland, Newcastle
    Representative Rugby: 2014-2015 Western Force; 2012 Australian Wallabies; 2008-2013 Australian Sevens; 2009-2013 Queensland Reds; 2007 Australia A Schoolboys
    - See more at: https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti....Z9AUs58e.dpuf

vCash
    Great News

I think we are still to see the best of Luke and with Peter, Jono and Ben adding starch and firepower to the backline, this could be the breakout season for him at the Force.

Roll on 2016

vCash
    Hopefully Tessman will be locked in shortly, after which a lock or two is crucial, probably one experienced and one from the NRC, and then one last wing spot and then a couple of NRC guys to fill the EPS spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Not sure if I missed the announcement but yesterday's match day program mentioned Ross Haylett a Petty signed a contract with the Force during the week, I suspect it is again EPS, anyone have details?
    WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE

Tuesday, 15 September 2015

HAYLETT-PETTY RE-SIGNS WITH FORCE FOR 2016 & 2017

Rising young lock/back-rower Ross Haylett-Petty will remain with the Western Force, after re-signing with the Western Australian club for a further two seasons.

The locally-produced tall forward made his Asteron Life Super Rugby debut in 2015, initially coming off the bench against the Stormers, in his first of two appearances for the season.

His maiden Asteron Life Super Rugby season followed in the wake of a number of standout performances for the Australian Under 20 squad in the 2014 IRB Junior World Championship in New Zealand, several strong displays for the Perth Spirit in last year’s Buildcorp National Rugby Championship, as well as helping guide Cottesloe to a grand final appearance in the 2014 Pindan Premier Grade.

The Hale School graduate’s re-signing follows in the footsteps of teammates Francois van Wyk, Marcel Brache, Brynard Stander and Luke Morahan, who have all recommitted to the club in the past fortnight, and coincides with the start of the Western Force’s membership season, with a range of new membership options and improvements – including free memberships for children under 16, and priority access to the Wallabies Test match at the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium) – for the 2016 Asteron Life Super Rugby season.

Haylett-Petty, who has joined brother and fullback Dane in staying at the Force through to the end of the 2017 season, says he wasn’t keen to look elsewhere for continuing his rugby development.

“It feels great to be back on board for the next two years and it’s good to know that the club sees me as being part of its future,” he said. “Personally, this is the club I want to be at and, to be honest, there’s no other club I wanted to play for. It’s great to get that confirmation that the Force has faith in me and that I’m proceeding in the right direction.

“I learnt a lot in my first season with the Force. I know there’s still a lot of my game I need to work on and the guys here are fantastic to give you that guidance. I know that if you continue to put yourself out there, you can learn a lot from the players and coaches here. I just want to keep putting in the work and soaking up the knowledge of the guys here and keep doing what I can to make myself a better player.”

After finishing school and having represented the WA Schoolboys in 2010 and 2011, Haylett-Petty spent 18 months away from rugby, studying a Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Western Australia.

However, a return to play with Cottesloe at the end of the 2013 season saw him propelled into the WA Under 20’s the following season, and selected for the Australian Under 20 side where he started in every match at the Junior World Championship.

“There was a point where I didn’t think making it through the Force was possible,” he said. “However, when I made it through to the [Australian] Under 20’s, I saw how I could match it against some of the best players in my age group and there was the realisation that if you put in the hard work anything is possible.

“To get that first taste of Super Rugby this season was amazing; it’s really addictive and once you get one game, it only makes you want to work harder to get another one.”

Haylett-Petty says he’s very pleased to be staying at the Force with his brother.

“I want to stay in Perth; my whole life is here, including my family and friends,” he said.

“It’s fantastic playing with Dane. He’s someone that’s willing to teach me a lot and he’s very honest in providing feedback on how I’m playing and training. He’s been an awesome influence on my rugby so far.”

Western Force Head Coach Michael Foley says Haylett-Petty is hard-working lock/back-rower who will be pushing hard for further representation in the Force match day squad in 2016.

“Ross is a local junior, who played Australian Under 20’s as a No.8, but has the physicality to also play at lock,” he said.

“He’s working on his lineout management and repeat efforts during the NRC competition, which will allow him to increase his impact in games, and it’s fantastic to have him continue his development with us over the next two seasons.”

Western Force memberships are now available for the 2016 season! Click here for more information or to get yours now!

Name: Ross Haylett-Petty

Born: 10/01/1994, Durban (South Africa)

Position: No.8/lock

Club: Cottesloe

Height: 197cm

Weight: 110kg

Super Rugby caps: 2

Super Rugby points: 0

Super Rugby debut: 2015 v Stormers, Perth

Representative Rugby: 2015 Western Force; 2014-2015 Perth Spirit; 2014 Australian Under 20; 2014 Force ‘A’

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast